Time to bench Dak

KingRah

Reaction score
4th round game in a row, pathetic showing, 1 td offense. I'm done with it. What are they talking about in film room sessions? Must be a country club thing to keep certain players around when other teams don't hesitate to bench.
WE see it but Stephen can't. He's the one running the team now, so lets blame him.

BoysWin

Reaction score
this isn't an impulse reaction, his excuses are gone and he looks even worse than he did when all the "problems" for him were here.

Need to see what we have, may have to give the new guy 2+ years to judge if he's a franchise guy or not.

Fire GARRET & LINEHAN. Install ROMO as HC and Marc Columbia as OC and attitude enforcer

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cant believe people expected Dak to light it up with 2 new oline men new WRs and TE and Zeke not playing in preseason either . In a couple games it will be better after these guys get playing time together .

Garretts fear of injury in preseason cost us this very winnable game in Carolina . No Dak will not be Rodgers in 2 games but things should improve as everyone gets playing time together .

Come on guys come down of the ledge we bench Dak for the guys who had tons of playing time in preseason and looked horrible against backups . That probably isn't going to help SHEESH this is just common sense . Dak is far from perfect but he could be used better and is our best option now even if it dose not appear that way .

I didn't expect Dak to light it up but c'mon 8 TD's in 7 games! and 2 of those came in a blowout win against the Jags. I don't think i'm being unfair in expecting more out of my starting QB. WE are also now 7 games into the season, they have head plenty of time working together to get better

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
For who, exactly?

Stop with the fascination of these 2 back up scrubs. Dak is playing if he's healthy. Cooper Rush and Mike White are not the saviors of this team. I'd be happy to eat a massive plate of crow on this one, but they aren't getting playing time and they shouldn't.

You've seen how many QBs put up big numbers during the pre-season? Literally almost all of them.... these guys aren't as good as some would like to believe.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Update from this thread earlier in the year, knew what we had:

I think we're past the point of benching Dak to save him. He needs to go. And once again we're the worst offense in the 3rd quarter, what's new?

KingRah

Reaction score
this isn't an impulse reaction, his excuses are gone and he looks even worse than he did when all the "problems" for him were here.

Need to see what we have, may have to give the new guy 2+ years to judge if he's a franchise guy or not.

Dak is just terrible. He can't read defenses and isn't accurate. Just being able to read the defense at the line, would help our offense. he's terrible.
Any top 10 qb would average 30 with these same receivers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sure, might as well. We're going nowhere like this.

KingRah

Reaction score
Sure, might as well. We're going nowhere like this.
At this point, there's nothing to be gained by playing Dak at 3-5. Give Mike White a chance. We know what dak is now. As hard as it is to accept, he's not going to get better. He's not a starter. My first sign was when he couldn't connect on fades in the end zone with Dez. That play was unstoppable with Romo and Dak couldn't throw it. I ignored it because I wanted him to be a franchise guy. He's not and believing him cost us a pro bowl qb and all pro wr.

Ripszone

Reaction score
If you must toss someone under the bus, make it Kellen Moore. Dak was great in his rookie year due to Romo being on the sidelines.
Boise+State+v+Georgia+1ZRWsDTJH9Bx.jpg
Dak was never, nor will he ever, be great.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Once again Daks limitations killed any chance of a victory. Colts took away Daks favorite passes and instead of trying to overcome we settled for more checkdowns.

texfromwilburtown

Reaction score
Not going to win with Dak ----- can't throw a deep ball ------- 2 underthrown catchable passes today ---- 1 at the
goal line that cost us a TD ------ holds onto the ball too long which results in sacks ----- could have run for some
yardage today but would not ?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm just not certain what game you people were watching. Dak held the ball too long on a couple of plays and had one overthrow. Otherwise his passes were sharp.

Bradshaw just said that he watched the game and no one was open. They doubled Cooper and said beat us with the rest of your receivers./ After the Colts jumped to a lead, it was a passing game with the WR's not getting open.

I think this may be a low point for this board's collective football intellect. Dak did not lose this game. The Colts manhandled both sides of the line of scrimmage.

morat1959

Reaction score
Anybody...the water boy! I’ve watched his flaws since his college days. I’m from MS and followed his entire college career. The shocker is his rookie year in the NFL. He’s doing the same things wrong he’s always done. His problems can’t be fixed!

morat1959

Reaction score
We don't have a chance to win with Dak at QB. Our other two QBs probably can't do any better but they should be given a chance.

Well said. We’re going no where with Dink anyway. Give em a shot. Then you’ll know if you need to trade or draft a QB. Dak’s awful!

KingRah

Reaction score
I'm just not certain what game you people were watching. Dak held the ball too long on a couple of plays and had one overthrow. Otherwise his passes were sharp.

Bradshaw just said that he watched the game and no one was open. They doubled Cooper and said beat us with the rest of your receivers./ After the Colts jumped to a lead, it was a passing game with the WR's not getting open.

I think this may be a low point for this board's collective football intellect. Dak did not lose this game. The Colts manhandled both sides of the line of scrimmage.
Sak didn’t lose it, but he did nothing to he processes information like a computer from the 80s. He’s always going to hold the call. He has 40 sacks that are his own fault. He can run more to avoid holding it. I honestly think he can’t read the entire field. Test him like a rookie. Give him one or two reads then run.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
Theirs.

Cue thread end credits.
I think his point is Dak is the worst qb in the History of our Franchise ........and we had Quincy! We wont go far with a qb that turns the ball over 2 to 3 times a game. He obviously cant throw an accurate pass. This team is the lowest scoring teams in football possibly going into the playoffs by default. Seattle will embarrass us like Indy in first round and it will because of Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well said. We’re going no where with Dink anyway. Give em a shot. Then you’ll know if you need to trade or draft a QB. Dak’s awful!
Way to take something I said 3 months ago and twist it as if I said it in the moment today. No sir, you may not include me in your Dak hating ways anymore. That's not me. The Cowboys lost that game against the Colts as a team. Tackling was atrocious and we shot ourself in the foot with penalties. To cherry-pick Dak as the reason we lost that game is just excusing too much poor football played by the rest of the team.