Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What’s the difference between 5-12 and 12-5? Well for starters 12-5 gets you in the playoffs every year which means you’re in the hunt. Being in the playoffs and in the hunt consistently- typically means you’re a well run stable organization. Going 12-5 has brought stability we haven’t seen here since the 90s.

Further more winning double digit games every year gives you a chance for a Super Bowl. The more bites at the apple the higher the odds are that one year you eventually break through. The brady patriots and Mahomes chiefs are rarity’s. It’s extremely hard to win in this league despite what some keyboard warriors tell us.

The Bree’s saints, Seahawks, flacco ravens, rodgers packers, all teams in the modern era who consistently put themselves in the playoffs which gives them a chance and eventually they busted through and won a ring. People keep underselling what it means to be a quality football team year in a year out. It doesn’t mean you have to be satisfied with falling short or not reaching our goals but you can be disappointed in the moment while still appreciating big picture what the team is trying to build.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tie Dak to the tip of this missle and the rest you can figure it out...........
image.png

Rebuild NOW.......older players.......overrated players........overpaid players.......inept coaches and GM.............go 0-17 and from the ashes build a dynasty like 1989.
Cant have that ice cream and cake and expect another Championship!!!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yes definitely need to start over. Pay Dak, pay Parsons, etc. and then still expecting an upgrade on the OL, interior DL, LBs, etc. is just going to be too hard to do. Great players deserve to be paid and take up a big chunk of a team's salary cap. But when evaluating if those players are worthy, you have to determine if they are truly great enough to elevate other aspects of the team and allow you to succeed with a cheaper/affordable supporting cast. Every team faces this dilemma and they have to decide.

Jerry and Stephen love to play with the salary cap by moving the money around every year but no matter what, in the end - the bill always comes due!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why rebuild? I want these Dak supporters and that idiot GM to get 4 more years of misery. Things are just starting to get real interesting because the fan base is turning against Dak. I'm really enjoying this.
I don't enjoy this....fans bashing my team. Sure, we have many questions, but is a civil conversation to much to ask for, as opposed to some openly rooting against their team and players. Some of these guys enjoy getting a rise out of some and they enjoy turning fans against their own team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tie Dak to the tip of this missle and the rest you can figure it out...........
image.png

Rebuild NOW.......older players.......overrated players........overpaid players.......inept coaches and GM.............go 0-17 and from the ashes build a dynasty like 1989.
Cant have that ice cream and cake and expect another Championship!!!
I know where I would aim that missle! You might enjoy it.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry probably has 5-10 years left. There will be no “rebuilding” years as long as he’s around.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
I think we try to go all in the next year or 2. Then a complete rebuild. Trade everyone that has any value. Accumulate picks, get $60M to $80M under the CAP, and go 3-14.

Build the trenches on both side of the line first. Then get your future QB in the draft. Not someone with high potential. Get someone with a very low floor.

Chasing6

Reaction score
All future contracts need to be trade-able. Especially when forking our bid money. If they don't like it trade them or let them walk for comp
picks.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
yes it is, Cowboys are not a tear it down kind of team

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry probably has 5-10 years left. There will be no “rebuilding” years as long as he’s around.
There will be if they are forced to.

They don’t sign free agents, and the last several drafts have been awful other than a few starters, but that’s not enough.

They need to be very active in FA AND have a 2005 type draft for the arrow to not be pointed downward with this roster.

They are losing top players faster than they are developing them, and that dead money is lurking.

I’d like to think they are going to figure this out, but in the end they typically see their way as the right way, and will stay on that path.

Losing is fine. The refusal to change is something different.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only ignorant fans have turned against Dak who by the way, came in 2nd in the MVP vote.
Who didn't make it to the 2nd round, I'm sure a lot of us would be happy with 5th in votes, but better endings to our seasons

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They do not need to re-build. Just be willing to trade away players seeking huge paydays. Instead of paying 1 guy elite money you can get 2-3 guys who contribute or even start.

Big_D

Reaction score
There's an inability here to make the tough decisions. Gregory would still be here if it was up to this front office. So I definitely don't see a rebuild happening. Sign'em all..

Chasing6

Reaction score
There will be if they are forced to.

They don’t sign free agents, and the last several drafts have been awful other than a few starters, but that’s not enough.

They need to be very active in FA AND have a 2005 type draft for the arrow to not be pointed downward with this roster.

They are losing top players faster than they are developing them, and that dead money is lurking.

I’d like to think they are going to figure this out, but in the end they typically see their way as the right way, and will stay on that path.

Losing is fine. The refusal to change is something different.
It will start to crumble quickly, if we continue to miss on draft picks and half our fans will blame Dak.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rebuild? Wasn't Dallas one of the youngest teams in the playoffs? Sure. Go ahead and rebuild. Trade everyone for picks and hopefully draft a receiver like Lamb and a LB like Parsons and a TE like Jake Ferguson and a OL-man like Tyler Smith and...

Status
Not open for further replies.