Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Who didn't make it to the 2nd round, I'm sure a lot of us would be happy with 5th in votes, but better endings to our seasons
Hell anyone with any grey matter between their ears would love a QB who was never nominated for an MVP getting your team to the SB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It will start to crumble quickly, if we continue to miss on draft picks and half our fans will blame Dak.
I see many boasting about three 12 win seasons.

Is that supposed to be headed upward from here with Tyron, Martin and Lawrence near the end, and Lamb and Parsons due for massive deals?

It’s not a matter of being negative. Be real.

They had their best shot in the last few years but chose to pass on what might them over the top so they don’t have cap problems…yet they will still have cap problems. Nice plan.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Rebuild? Wasn't Dallas one of the youngest teams in the playoffs? Sure. Go ahead and rebuild. Trade everyone for picks and hopefully draft a receiver like Lamb and a LB like Parsons and a TE like Jake Ferguson and a OL-man like Tyler Smith and...
I would not fall into the trap of youngest team One of the reasons is just to keep our costs down. Veterans, often better players cost more money. We like having highly paid Super Stars, which means we have to a lot of young cheap players to offset their costs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will start to crumble quickly, if we continue to miss on draft picks and half our fans will blame Dak.
Cowboys are one of the better drafting teams. Our fans are so full of hate they lie about their own team just so they can whine and feel better about themselves. It’s pathetic behavior.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rebuild? Wasn't Dallas one of the youngest teams in the playoffs? Sure. Go ahead and rebuild. Trade everyone for picks and hopefully draft a receiver like Lamb and a LB like Parsons and a TE like Jake Ferguson and a OL-man like Tyler Smith and...
2nd youngest to GB.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would not fall into the trap of youngest team One of the reasons is just to keep our costs down. Veterans, often better players cost more money. We like having highly paid Super Stars, which means we have to a lot of young cheap players to offset their costs.
Who are the highly paid superstars? Dak is one (we can debate if he is a superstar but he is paid like one) and who else? Maybe Zach Martin counts. Dallas has some well-paid vets but not many superstars.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know where I would aim that missle! You might enjoy it.
I bet you have a lot of tattoos and are pretty sure where you got them.
Hence your thinking.............. :muttley:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who are the highly paid superstars? Dak is one (we can debate if he is a superstar but he is paid like one) and who else? Maybe Zach Martin counts. Dallas has some well-paid vets but not many superstars.
Also don't forget we had almost 9% of our cap in 2023 in Dead Money. Also indicator of a poor management by GM.

And another almost 6% on injured reserve. Some is bad luck and some is GM gambling on high risk injury players like LVE.

Dlaw was the only the real high one in 2023 being paid $17M. As we have been preparing for Lamb, Dak and Micah being due in 2024.

We will have 4 players being paid top $ by position. Dak, Diggs, Lamp and Micah.

This will require us to hit at a high % in the draft and or require us to have have a lot of undrafted free agents on our roster.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also don't forget we had almost 9% of our cap in 2023 in Dead Money. Also indicator of a poor management by GM.

And another almost 6% on injured reserve. Some is bad luck and some is GM gambling on high risk injury players like LVE.

Dlaw was the only the real high one in 2023 being paid $17M. As we have been preparing for Lamb, Dak and Micah being due in 2024.

We will have 4 players being paid top $ by position. Dak, Diggs, Lamp and Micah.

This will require us to hit at a high % in the draft and or require us to have have a lot of undrafted free agents on our roster.
I forgot about Diggs because he didn't really play last year.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Only ignorant fans have turned against Dak who by the way, came in 2nd in the MVP vote.
That's a valid point. They say Eagle fans are fickle, but when Hurts was voted 2nd in the MVP vote last year I didn't here anyone talking about replacing their quarterback. The sad part is I needed to Brave (search engine) the name of the Eagles QB. That's what happens when you're nearing 50.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What’s the difference between 5-12 and 12-5? Well for starters 12-5 gets you in the playoffs every year which means you’re in the hunt. Being in the playoffs and in the hunt consistently- typically means you’re a well run stable organization. Going 12-5 has brought stability we haven’t seen here since the 90s.

Further more winning double digit games every year gives you a chance for a Super Bowl. The more bites at the apple the higher the odds are that one year you eventually break through. The brady patriots and Mahomes chiefs are rarity’s. It’s extremely hard to win in this league despite what some keyboard warriors tell us.

The Bree’s saints, Seahawks, flacco ravens, rodgers packers, all teams in the modern era who consistently put themselves in the playoffs which gives them a chance and eventually they busted through and won a ring. People keep underselling what it means to be a quality football team year in a year out. It doesn’t mean you have to be satisfied with falling short or not reaching our goals but you can be disappointed in the moment while still appreciating big picture what the team is trying to build.
Eventually a team must break through. It sounds logical, but teams have much different probabilities to break through once the playoffs begin (otherwise there would not be outliers like Mahomes and Brady making deep playoff runs all the time). The only real outliers of the bus driving QB going all the way is Dilfer, Foles, Flacco, and Brad Johnson (I suppose Eli). Flash in the pans with fantastic defenses for four of those wins.

Those defenses were not built overnight either and were extremely aggressive. Lots of high picks across the high end defense lineup.

8-8 is also very stable and can occasionally get you into the playoffs. I guess 8-8-1 now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What would you do?
If you are a coach, and I trust you when you say you are, then you should not have to ask this question.
You advocate to invest on obtaining a real QB1, the most important position on the entire roster first and formost.
If I am HC, I need something at least that I can work with,, MM has already tried to accommodate Dak with a less complicated dialed down scheme,
We all just witnessed how that ended.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Every team misses on picks every year. Dak is not the only problem, but he is definitely no solution to beating the best teams in the league-which is why other fans and I are done with him and ready to move on.

shabazz

Reaction score
Rebuilding doesn't happen in a hurry. It takes time. Most are crying about winning 12 games a year, imagine winning 3 or 4.
True, but we could draft a new franchise QB that wouldn't need to be paid for another 4 years. ........see the Texans and Mr Stroud

Status
Not open for further replies.