Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
Every team misses on picks every year. Dak is not the only problem, but he is definitely no solution to beating the best teams in the league-which is why other fans and I are done with him and ready to move on.
Why doesn't everyone appreciate beating up on crap teams with the 3rd easiest schedule and summarily bounced out by a wildcard team in the playoffs?

Our fans.....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are a coach, and I trust you when you say you are, then you should not have to ask this question.
You advocate to invest on obtaining a real QB1, the most important position on the entire roster first and formost.
If I am HC, I need something at least that I can work with,, MM has already tried to accommodate Dak with a less complicated dialed down scheme,
We all just witnessed how that ended.
I asked what HE would do.....thought that was clear, and I really don't care if anyone thinks I was a coach or not. Nothing to do with being a fan. We didn't have free agency, contracts or salary caps in Texas HS football.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True, but we could draft a new franchise QB that wouldn't need to be paid for another 4 years. ........see the Texans and Mr Stroud
We have Lance...why not let him compete? You think we can be sure to get a franchise QB with the 24th pick?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every team misses on picks every year. Dak is not the only problem, but he is definitely no solution to beating the best teams in the league-which is why other fans and I are done with him and ready to move on.
The problem is that those fans haven't moved on, they're still here and they have NO say in the matter. Just hot air and wishful thinking

Deionindahood

Reaction score
What’s the difference between 5-12 and 12-5? Well for starters 12-5 gets you in the playoffs every year which means you’re in the hunt. Being in the playoffs and in the hunt consistently- typically means you’re a well run stable organization. Going 12-5 has brought stability we haven’t seen here since the 90s.

Further more winning double digit games every year gives you a chance for a Super Bowl. The more bites at the apple the higher the odds are that one year you eventually break through. The brady patriots and Mahomes chiefs are rarity’s. It’s extremely hard to win in this league despite what some keyboard warriors tell us.

The Bree’s saints, Seahawks, flacco ravens, rodgers packers, all teams in the modern era who consistently put themselves in the playoffs which gives them a chance and eventually they busted through and won a ring. People keep underselling what it means to be a quality football team year in a year out. It doesn’t mean you have to be satisfied with falling short or not reaching our goals but you can be disappointed in the moment while still appreciating big picture what the team is trying to build.
After 29 years, what is the big picture?
There's a point where doing the same thing over and over makes no sense. Ibthink we're at the point. The mindset and mentality of this team is broken...it's obvious that a change is in order.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are a coach, and I trust you when you say you are, then you should not have to ask this question.
You advocate to invest on obtaining a real QB1, the most important position on the entire roster first and formost.
If I am HC, I need something at least that I can work with,, MM has already tried to accommodate Dak with a less complicated dialed down scheme,
We all just witnessed how that ended.
Yeah with Dak 2nd in NFL MVP voting. Good work MM.

GMO415

Reaction score
Last 29 year plan has failed. Time to do something different

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tom Brady was the 199th pick. I believe we can find a QB in the 1st round.
You believe, but do you know? Lance was the third pick. We already have a potential franchise qb on the team.
BTW....Bradys don't grow in trees and he always had a quality defense. We have too many holes to be throwing draft picks away

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Rebuild? Wasn't Dallas one of the youngest teams in the playoffs? Sure. Go ahead and rebuild. Trade everyone for picks and hopefully draft a receiver like Lamb and a LB like Parsons and a TE like Jake Ferguson and a OL-man like Tyler Smith and...
And what has Lamb, Parsons, Ferguson and Smith brought us in the post-season? If you're content with a winning regular season and nothing in the post-season, then let's keep these guys and hope for the best.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Only ignorant fans have turned against Dak who by the way, came in 2nd in the MVP vote.
I think that everyone recognizes that the team with Dak can destroy tier 3 teams at will and at the same time put up monster numbers against them (which put him into the MVP race-I think McCaffrey deserved it this last year). They usually break even with tier 2 teams and lose to tier 1 teams.

His best game this year to me was against Seattle where they had to keep pace since the defense had a poor night.

Fans would like to have the team not continue to invest in the future with Dak since he looks like a complete non factor and sometimes a liability against the best teams. They have had very good to borderline elite defenses in 2021 and 2022. The team will never be perfect, so the squad should hopefully see the writing on the wall as to how Dak performs against the best/better teams even if the defense is terrible in a game.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
You believe, but do you know? Lance was the third pick. We already have a potential franchise qb on the team.
BTW....Bradys don't grow in trees and he always had a quality defense. We have too many holes to be throwing draft picks away
Nobody knows that for certain. What I do know is that Dak cannot win in the post season. So do you want to continue doing what we've done for almost 30 years, or do you want a change.
Do you think Dak can take us to the SB?

Chasing6

Reaction score
True, but we could draft a new franchise QB that wouldn't need to be paid for another 4 years. ........see the Texans and Mr Stroud
Best way to rebuild and take advantage of a rookie QB contract is to have the core built first then get the QB.

If you get the QB first and the team sucks, by the time you get the team you will be on the second contract of the QB.

That is why I have no idea why teams that are so bad draft a QB. If you have the number 1 pick, trade back and accumulate drift picks. Build your a OLine first.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that everyone recognizes that the team with Dak can destroy tier 3 teams at will and at the same time put up monster numbers against them (which put him into the MVP race-I think McCaffrey deserved it this last year). They usually break even with tier 2 teams and lose to tier 1 teams.

His best game this year to me was against Seattle where they had to keep pace since the defense had a poor night.

Fans would like to have the team not continue to invest in the future with Dak since he looks like a complete non factor and sometimes a liability against the best teams. They have had very good to borderline elite defenses in 2021 and 2022. The team will never be perfect, so the squad should hopefully see the writing on the wall as to how Dak performs against the best/better teams even if the defense is terrible in a game.
You can’t be serious. They haven’t been able to stop the run since Wade was here. They haven’t been able to run the ball for years. Yet blame it all on the QB. Ignorance personified.

Status
Not open for further replies.