TJ Watt

Gaede

Reaction score
The toughest part about that for me was Zeke had a similar rep and the board ignored it. Now everybody's starting to get a little nervous about it.

To be fair, the thing with Zeke was more rumor-mill.

Bosa had actually been on record saying and doing dumb things.

fishspill

Reaction score
To be fair, the thing with Zeke was more rumor-mill.

Bosa had actually been on record saying and doing dumb things.
Well it's looking like that mill was right. Now we just hope he keeps the fun-loving shenanigans going and avoids the public spectacle that could get him suspended by our NFL overlords.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
There's a lot of smoke regarding Watt at 28 - and not the Gregory kind. I'm not in love with it but I wouldn't rue the pick, either.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If they take Watt, they would have some potentially good pass rushers in Watt, Smith, Tapper, and Collins. With Smith and Tapper coming in, it is like they have already drafted two new players before the draft has even started. Also, Collins missed a lot of time at the beginning of the season last year and really came on strong.

nfl draft profile
BOTTOM LINE
A long-limbed effort rusher who posted impressive numbers against the run and pass in just one year as a starter. He is a tireless worker who pursues from snap to whistle and his brother, J.J., will be a tremendous resource for technique and pass-rush plan. While he is unlikely to win a race to the edge, he's a plus run defender who can get to the quarterback with plus hand work and relentless effort.

in other words, he isnt a passrusher asa DE but more as the extra guy on a passrush. he;s a OLB

Plankton

Reaction score
Like the bloodlines, but a little worried about injuries and the only one solid year of pass rush production.

ksg811

Reaction score
The "only one year of production" is a misnomer for Watt. He was recruited as a TE and go hurt. He was asked to switch to and Edge his sophomore year and had a pretty damn good year in his first real season as a defender. It's not like he disappeared for 2 seasons.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
This is where Will McClay will earn his money. Seems like there is 3 different types of DE to choose from for us. Its up to McClay to help the front office decide which one suits our needs best.
Taco - LDE
Harris - RDE
Watt - OLB/DE
With many of the players coming in fitting into one of these groupings.

Plankton

Reaction score
The "only one year of production" is a misnomer for Watt. He was recruited as a TE and go hurt. He was asked to switch to and Edge his sophomore year and had a pretty damn good year in his first real season as a defender. It's not like he disappeared for 2 seasons.

It's not a misnomer - its fact. He has one year of production. Are you willing to use a first rounder on a guy who produced for one season, and had a redshirt and an injury plagued season at another position? It would make me hesitant.

rambo2

Reaction score
nfl draft profile
BOTTOM LINE
A long-limbed effort rusher who posted impressive numbers against the run and pass in just one year as a starter. He is a tireless worker who pursues from snap to whistle and his brother, J.J., will be a tremendous resource for technique and pass-rush plan. While he is unlikely to win a race to the edge, he's a plus run defender who can get to the quarterback with plus hand work and relentless effort.

in other words, he isnt a passrusher asa DE but more as the extra guy on a passrush. he;s a OLB
He showed good speed and quickness at the combine.

ksg811

Reaction score
It's not a misnomer - its fact. He has one year of production. Are you willing to use a first rounder on a guy who produced for one season, and had a redshirt and an injury plagued season at another position? It would make me hesitant.

It's one of year of production in his first year st the position. That tells me he has a high work ethic and is a quick learner. In no means is that an endorsement, I should have made that more clear; I have my doubts about him too.

All I'm saying is having only one productive year in his first season at the position is more positive to me than a negative. If he's that productive as a raw player, what would more coaching and experience bring. Again, not an endorsement, just a high ceiling view.

revospeed

Reaction score
I think he's picked in the 20-25 range. We end up picking an injured player or Adoree Jackson.

Reaction score
I think we take one of the top safeties, like Melifonwu, at 28, & Basham or Rivers at 60. Both showed up big all week at the Senior Bowl & Rivers really blew up the Combine. At 6-4, 250, Rivers is quick, strong, & has the frame to get bigger. Here are his Combine numbers: 4.61/ 30 reps/ 35" vert/ 6.94 3-cone. The last number is the most important, because it shows the ability to stop, start, & change direction.