TMZ: Ezekiel Elliott Allegedly Punched Man In Nose At Bar - Not Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Really??? His pay coincides with what he does on and off the field. There are contractual obligations from team practices to fund raisers. I agree most of what he makes is based on the field but my point could have been more clear. If he continues to have off the field issues his pay will suffer as will his demand no matter how good he is. Ask Johnny Football and Hardy how their off the field behavior helped their pay check.

I'm not comparing him directly to either of those two at this point, I'm just saying players get cut, lose demand and lose money based on off the field actions all the time.
Really!!! His pay mainly is about what he does on the field period. I keep telling you ask Tim Tebow how being the great one off the field mixed with eh play for the most part works. He in a different sport now. Even if Zeke don't goto any appearance you think he'd get cut? Get real. Team practices are part of playing the game to me so that doesn't even count. Let's not play the bad players game please. I see your players and tell you ask Mike Vick, Donte Stallworth, Leonard Little, Josh Brent, and I'm sure others I could find that still were getting nfl checks after committing far worse crimes in most of these cases.

Nobody said they didn't get cut of off field stuff but let be real the things Zeke has done so far aren't going tomget him cut while he's at his peak stop it. When the heck did guys start caring about bar fights as some bad thing anyway? The only thing that is sorta bad from a look part is the St Patricks thing. With that to be honest if the girl isn't mad how can I be? Only faux superhero white knights do that and I'm not that guy.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Elliott needs to grow up fast. He has been sniffing around trouble from the beginning. Maybe, an early career suspension will wake him up. The FO needs to give this boy a hard kick up his backside. Don't misunderstand, l am a big fan of Elliott...but his act is getting out of hand.

erod

Reaction score
Elliott needs to grow up fast. He has been sniffing around trouble from the beginning. Maybe, an early career suspension will wake him up. The FO needs to give this boy a hard kick up his backside. Don't misunderstand, l am a big fan of Elliott...but his act is getting out of hand.
Time for David Wells?

aria

Reaction score
Really!!! His pay mainly is about what he does on the field period. I keep telling you ask Tim Tebow how being the great one off the field mixed with eh play for the most part works. He in a different sport now. Even if Zeke don't goto any appearance you think he'd get cut? Get real. Team practices are part of playing the game to me so that doesn't even count. Let's not play the bad players game please. I see your players and tell you ask Mike Vick, Donte Stallworth, Leonard Little, Josh Brent, and I'm sure others I could find that still were getting nfl checks after committing far worse crimes in most of these cases.

Nobody said they didn't get cut of off field stuff but let be real the things Zeke has done so far aren't going tomget him cut while he's at his peak stop it. When the heck did guys start caring about bar fights as some bad thing anyway? The only thing that is sorta bad from a look part is the St Patricks thing. With that to be honest if the girl isn't mad how can I be? Only faux superhero white knights do that and I'm not that guy.
Did I ever say we would cut him or did I say it wouldn't surprise me that if he WASN'T as good as he is then he could be cut?

Did I ever say he would be cut if he didn't make appearances or did I say he has contractual obligations that could effect his pay?

Team practices do count and players can and do get fined for missing the mandatory practices so it really does matter regardless of what you think.

It's not "people" that care about bar fights, it's his employer, the NFL.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I remember Zeke's pre-draft scouting reports. Zero holes in his game on the field, but an "alpha male personality" off it it. Some scouts were concerned how much he liked being the big man on campus.

Now that Zeke is a superstar, he feels the limelight is going to shield him from everything. I love the Cowboys, but a short suspension could go a long way towards knocking some of the stupid out of Elliott.

erod

Reaction score
I remember Zeke's pre-draft scouting reports. Zero holes in his game on the field, but an "alpha male personality" off it it. Some scouts were concerned how much he liked being the big man on campus.

Now that Zeke is a superstar, he feels the limelight is going to shield him from everything. I love the Cowboys, but a short suspension could go a long way towards knocking some of the stupid out of Elliott.
Bingo. Best post of the thread.

A suspension might do some long-term good here, though I'd hate it, too.

CWR

Reaction score

Exactly, I freaking love his game but man I dont want to see this type of stuff continue to add up and ultimately cost him time. Anybody denying this as concerning is delusional at this point. No that doesn't mean I hate Zeke or expect him to be a choir boy it means there is blood in the water and he needs to lay low. There is an actual middle ground that some posters dont seem to believe exist.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How about "Attention! Attention! Anyone that is a star running back for the Dallas Cowboys and is making millions of dollars with the potential to make millions more and is being investigated by the NFL and has never made more than one poor judgment, please sound off"!

Why can't some of you understand he IS held to a higher standard whether you like it or not. He's not just a college athlete anymore. He's a highly paid professional athlete playing for one of the most high profile teams in the world and he's expected to act like a professional on and off the field. His obligations and conduct don't stop after game day, it's year round all day every day even if you don't agree with that. Small price to pay IMO.

Him getting paid millions of dollars is not 100% based on his success on the field, it's also contingent with his behavior off the field. Teams cut players all the time for behavioral issues and if Zeke wasn't as good as he is he could be on the chopping block himself. (And no, I'm not saying he should be).
Correct... where much is given, much is expected.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Exactly, I freaking love his game but man I dont want to see this type of stuff continue to add up and ultimately cost him time. Anybody denying this as concerning is delusional at this point. No that doesn't mean I hate Zeke or expect him to be a choir boy it means there is blood in the water and he needs to lay low. There is an actual middle ground that some posters dont seem to believe exist.
Yep. Well said. He will mature and put this baloney behind him. He needs to accelerate this process. I am like you...boys will be boys...we all get it. Its time someone explained the facts of NFL politics to Elliott.

Status
Not open for further replies.