TNA Wrestling moves to Monday Night starting March 8th.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3400946 said:
Michaels would be in the running yes.

Also

Bret Hart
Kurt Angle
Flair
Steamboat
Benoit (before he murdered his family)
Eddie
Jericho
Macho Man was underrated as a worker.

If you really went threw the list nitpicking, it comes down to Michaels-Flair-Angle. I give the nod to Michaels.

Harts lack of excessive charisma excludes him from the list.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3400948 said:
I actually agree with Michaels being the best of all time. I don't think it's even close, IMO. He's hands down the best cause he was absolutely great at everything.

The thing is that for you to know this then you have to realise, or should anyway, that even trying to compare AJ Styles, at all, to HBK is laughable.

And there is nothing wrong with that, at all. To each their own for sure. In fact there are quite a few in that list that I think are great as well.

Agreed with michaels being great at everything

He really is the mold for the perfect wrestler.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3400944 said:
That may be the case, but he never proved it.

Ummm...no.

He had proven it before that. Back then you didn't even get discussed for a run at the NWA title unless you'd already proven you could not only do all the things needed in the ring but that you could draw and that the fans would buy you as a champion.

The fact that they were moving the program toward him, and building to him taking the NWA title, had already proven it.

They just didn't get to reap the obvious rewards of what was coming because of his wreck.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3400957 said:
Never said he was the GOAT. But he does have more charisma than Hart, yes.

Maybe Heart now after a stroke .... but not when you were born.

Bret Hart was the John Cena of the WWF in the early 90's.

Once again ..... you are going off of limited knowledge.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3400960 said:

I have never once met someone who has said Hart was a great mic-worker.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3400957 said:
Never said he was the GOAT. But he does have more charisma than Hart, yes.

Hmmm...that's a tough one. It could go either way for me with those two. Neither one of them is all the charismatic although I do believe in regards to being a heel that the nod would go to Hart. He was a much more believable heel but they're essentially the same character, as faces, when it comes to charisma.

Romo 2 Austin;3400949 said:
If you really went threw the list nitpicking, it comes down to Michaels-Flair-Angle. I give the nod to Michaels.

Harts lack of excessive charisma excludes him from the list.

I'd actually have Jericho over Angle. I like a lot of what Angle has done but I just think Jericho is the far superior guy in the long run. He hasn't necassarily gotten all the world title runs like Angle but Jericho, much like Taker, is one of those guys whose proven time and time again that he doesn't need to have the top belt to be a top draw.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3400962 said:
Hmmm...that's a tough one. It could go either way for me with those two. Neither one of them is all the charismatic although I do believe in regards to being a heel that the nod would go to Hart. He was a much more believable heel but they're essentially the same character, as faces, when it comes to charisma.

I'd actually have Jericho over Angle. I like a lot of what Angle has done but I just think Jericho is the far superior guy in the long run. He hasn't necassarily gotten all the world title runs like Angle but Jericho, much like Taker, is one of those guys whose proven time and time again that he doesn't need to have the top belt to be a top draw.
Jericho over Angle is fair.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
zrinkill;3400960 said:

Hmmm...I don't know about that. Cena has a lot more charisma than hart ever did.

Harts biggest draw was just that he could work in the ring so well that his lack of being overly good on the mic really didn't matter.

I think Cena is much more charismatic and much better on the mic than Hart.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3400966 said:
Hmmm...I don't know about that. Cena has a lot more charisma than hart ever did.

Harts biggest draw was just that he could work in the ring so well that his lack of being overly good on the mic really didn't matter.

I think Cena is much more charismatic and much better on the mic than Hart.

Just saying for the 90's

Hart was the ultimate good guy before the stone cold swerve.

And he was much better on the Mic than A.J Styles seeing that he held his own with some of the best.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3400961 said:
I have never once met someone who has said Hart was a great mic-worker.

Same with A.J. Styles ..... or anyone from TNA that is not a WWE or WCW reject.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3400905 said:
In fact go back to some of Austins WCW work, both in singles and in tag team action as one half of the Hollywood Blonds with Brian Pillman, and you'll find out that Austin was well versed in the ring and was actually a very, very good wrestler.

The Stone Cold character, that he's most known for, simply didn't need a bunch of moves or to be flashy. it wasn't what the fans wanted to see out of Austin either. That character wasn't about wrestling ability. It was about straight up, bar room, brawling and butt kicking.

It certainly got him over in a major way but its a shame that because of that so few people seem to realise just how good the guy really was in the ring because of how little the character called for him to do, in terms of the moves.

Either way he still knew how to put on a match, how to build it, how to sell it, all the stuff you need to make a match truly special or memorable.

Watch his I Quit match with Bret Hart from Wrestlemania 13. It's another fine example of some of the stuff that Austin had to offer that is often over looked, ignored, or forgotten because of the Stone Cold character.

i guess he never saw the matches between Stone Cold and Benoit, where punching was not allowed. Stone Cold totally outwrestled the Wolverine.

Stone Cold is one of the rare ones who could wrestle, fight, go hardcore, carry a match, cut a great promo, and build the drama before, during, and after the match. It is definitely unfortunate that Owen Hart injured him with that pile driver, as well as a couple of his other injuries.

BTW, imagine how great wrestling would be if Hart, Pillman, Benoit, Guerrero, Rude, the von Erichs, and Henning wouldnt have died before the conclusion of their careers. Also, if guys like Stone Cold, the Rock, Goldberg, and Lesnar wouldnt have retired.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
zrinkill;3400996 said:
Same with A.J. Styles ..... or anyone from TNA that is not a WWE or WCW reject.

The Fallen Angel, Christopher Daniels is pretty good on the mic. So is Cowboy James Storm. Oh and the Beautiful People are very good on the mic, especially Velvet Skye and former leader Angelina Love.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
zrinkill;3400993 said:
Just saying for the 90's

Hart was the ultimate good guy before the stone cold swerve.

And he was much better on the Mic than A.J Styles seeing that he held his own with some of the best.

Probably so. He was definately the ultimate good guy for his run.

Biggems;3401031 said:
i guess he never saw the matches between Stone Cold and Benoit, where punching was not allowed. Stone Cold totally outwrestled the Wolverine.

Stone Cold is one of the rare ones who could wrestle, fight, go hardcore, carry a match, cut a great promo, and build the drama before, during, and after the match. It is definitely unfortunate that Owen Hart injured him with that pile driver, as well as a couple of his other injuries.

BTW, imagine how great wrestling would be if Hart, Pillman, Benoit, Guerrero, Rude, the von Erichs, and Henning wouldnt have died before the conclusion of their careers. Also, if guys like Stone Cold, the Rock, Goldberg, and Lesnar wouldnt have retired.

I try not to think about or imagine that cause if I do then I just get to where I like wrestling less and less than I already do.

That's a whole bunch of talent taken too early by injuries, death, and retirements.

Stone Cold had many matches where he proved he could really go, even in the Austin persona, that were great. The one with Benoit you mentioned was top notch. He had a fantastic I Quit match with Hart (Though this was really just as the Stone Cold thing was starting to really bubble to the surface and become huge), he had a couple excellent matches with Angle, did some great stuff with HHH and The Rock.

I think some of the matches he had with Jericho are terribly under-rated and not just because Jericho was great in them either.

Austin, much like guys like HBK and Flair, and Jericho, and Angle are the guys who have the total package. They can do, and excel, at everything you've got to in the wrestling business to be great.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Biggems;3401032 said:
The Fallen Angel, Christopher Daniels is pretty good on the mic. So is Cowboy James Storm. Oh and the Beautiful People are very good on the mic, especially Velvet Skye and former leader Angelina Love.

Yea .... I actually wish Beer Money would go too WWE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo 2 Austin;3400924 said:
AJ is the best overall package under 32 today
That is simply not the truth and I'm not going to try and explain why. Just trust me.

And that's the bottom line........

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3401066 said:
That is simply not the truth and I'm not going to try and explain why. Just trust me.

And that's the bottom line........

AJ Styles is one helluva wrestler......I honestly feel that having Ric Flair with him, will only make him better as far as a persona guy. Still, he has done a nice job of being able to switch between face and heel with great frequency and still keep his edge with the fans.

One guy who I wish was still in TNA is Petey Williams. I loved his finishing move....

As far as WWE goes, I dont watch Smackdown anymore...once it moved to Friday, I basically lost interest. I never missed it when it was on Thursday, except when the Spurs played. I wish the brands would merge rosters again for good. I miss tag team wrestling...and I mean established teams that stay together for years. IMO, tag team wrestling is a great way for the young guys to get their feet wet in the business and build a name for themselves. Unfortunately, the WWE doesnt give tag teams much of a billing anymore....I miss the Steiners, Demolition, the Rockers, LOD, Hardys, Edge and Christian, British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Bushwackers, DX, New Age Outlaws, the Natural Disasters, and the Hart Foundation.....

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Styles delivered a fantastic heel-promo to open tonights iMPACT!

just thought I should mention it while everyone is hating on him for no reason except I like him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Biggems;3401082 said:
AJ Styles is one helluva wrestler......I honestly feel that having Ric Flair with him, will only make him better as far as a persona guy. Still, he has done a nice job of being able to switch between face and heel with great frequency and still keep his edge with the fans.

One guy who I wish was still in TNA is Petey Williams. I loved his finishing move....

As far as WWE goes, I dont watch Smackdown anymore...once it moved to Friday, I basically lost interest. I never missed it when it was on Thursday, except when the Spurs played. I wish the brands would merge rosters again for good. I miss tag team wrestling...and I mean established teams that stay together for years. IMO, tag team wrestling is a great way for the young guys to get their feet wet in the business and build a name for themselves. Unfortunately, the WWE doesnt give tag teams much of a billing anymore....I miss the Steiners, Demolition, the Rockers, LOD, Hardys, Edge and Christian, British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Bushwackers, DX, New Age Outlaws, the Natural Disasters, and the Hart Foundation.....

I couldn't agree more about the tag team wrestling. It's one of the most missed parts of wrestling from the past. That used to be one of the real draws and highlights of the shows.