Twitter: Todd Archer: Quick thoughts on last drive

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The better question on that final pass is why not have a trailing player for the lateral?
Because they would have had a defender play that. All the Eagles were doing is basically putting they're feet on the goalline and saying "break a tackle."

I thought they should have thrown it shorter to CD so he had more time to try to make a man miss, but that's nitpicking.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Because they would have had a defender play that. All the Eagles were doing is basically putting they're feet on the goalline and saying "break a tackle."

I thought they should have thrown it shorter to CD so he had more time to try to make a man miss, but that's nitpicking.
If so that is one less guy CD has to avoid at the goaline. You put Turpin as the trailer and nobody is keeping up with him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yea that play call was never getting in. Atleast not with our personnel. Deebo would've had a hard time getting in at the 1
Yes it was. In stride and he walks in. Him coming back for it was what allowed the Eagles to rally to the ball.
In stride he was either ahead of the guys behind him, or going the wrong direction for the guys in front.

Mark

Reaction score
Re the sack: In fairness, Dak had only a split-second to react. Lucky it wasn't a fumble. That one's totally on the RT.

On the final pass, it looked to me like #87 was favorably situated well near the back of the end zone, beyond Cee Dee's short-of-goal line position. Would have preferred to see the ball go there under the circumstances.

vlad

Reaction score
you gotta love the media focusing on like Hail Mary scenarios instead of middle of the plate stuff like Steele being left alone to get Dak killed, about how the offensive line has opened like 4 holes in the running game this year, how the defense lines up in the neutral zone like no other team I have ever seen, etc etc