Twitter: Todd Archer: Quick thoughts on last drive

Creeper

Reaction score
Jusst focus on the last 6 yards. That is where the game was lost. 1st and 5 from the 6 with 27 seconds remaining. Execute 4 plays properly and I am almost certain they score and win the game. But false start, sack, incomplete pass, delay of game killed the drive. These are the only plays that matter. The last play was a wing and a prayer. A hail mary into the end zone probably would have been better. Or if you have to throw short, throw it to a TE or RB, someone who could drive the tacklers into the end zone.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ferg is becoming a good TE but hill is an elite athlete and amazing open field runner. There really is no comparison for hill to any TE at all
I think the gap is narrowing and Ferguson is becoming just as dangerous a weapon as tyreke hill.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Re the sack: In fairness, Dak had only a split-second to react. Lucky it wasn't a fumble. That one's totally on the RT.

On the final pass, it looked to me like #87 was favorably situated well near the back of the end zone, beyond Cee Dee's short-of-goal line position. Would have preferred to see the ball go there under the circumstances.
Actually shocked he don’t fumble ball security looked crazy on that play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jusst focus on the last 6 yards. That is where the game was lost. 1st and 5 from the 6 with 27 seconds remaining. Execute 4 plays properly and I am almost certain they score and win the game. But false start, sack, incomplete pass, delay of game killed the drive. These are the only plays that matter. The last play was a wing and a prayer. A hail mary into the end zone probably would have been better. Or if you have to throw short, throw it to a TE or RB, someone who could drive the tacklers into the end zone.
the issue is we had no threat of the run. they didn't fear our running that close to the end zone. they pinned their ears and rushed the QB and dropped into coverage. if we fix the running game, then we can improve chances of scoring from there. force them to committ more to stopping the run and not have their DE just pin their ears and pass rush