Twitter: Todd Archer: Quick thoughts on last drive

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd probably just blame everybody else on those plays from the 5-yard line. My dakie did his best, and we saw what that is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We are closer 2 being an elite team than we were in week 1. Thats my take. We arent the same team that was blown out by the Niners. I see a determined team that fights hard. We gotta find a way to finish games. Even if we get a wildcard, we will be very hard 2 beat. If we also find our running game, watch out. The bad teams are the ones we need to choke out, starting next week. We will go on a run if we beat the Giants. Our schedule is very favorable. We are getting healthier. A whole lot can change in the division with the Eagles having a brutal stretch of games. The next time we play them night be much more important than Sundays loss. I see the Eagles dropping at least 2 games within the next 4 weeks. That said, we can't afford another loss. We must run the table. A tall task. At best, we win 11. I think realistically, a wildcard. Which is fine, because that means we made the playoffs 3 years in a row under MM. He doesn't get enuff credit. All this team needs is a chance. U never know.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because they would have had a defender play that. All the Eagles were doing is basically putting they're feet on the goalline and saying "break a tackle."

I thought they should have thrown it shorter to CD so he had more time to try to make a man miss, but that's nitpicking.
Certainly should not have had him catch it from a dead stop with his back to the defenders.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Your stupid Todd - 5 yards makes no difference on the last play. The Eagles still set up at the goal line and the ball is put in the exact same place!!!
100%. I can’t believe that Archer even tries to make that statement. Just stupid.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Because they would have had a defender play that. All the Eagles were doing is basically putting they're feet on the goalline and saying "break a tackle."

I thought they should have thrown it shorter to CD so he had more time to try to make a man miss, but that's nitpicking.
Yeah. Any play would require something of a miracle to work with 8 defenders standing at the goal line.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nonsense.

The whole defense would adjust to the ball's flight path.
They didn't adjust to it where it was.
We're not talking a huge difference in path here where they have time to make up ground or something.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Certainly should not have had him catch it from a dead stop with his back to the defenders.
I don't think that was the intention.

A better throw and it could have been a walk-in.
But, I'm not going to pick on Dak for last night. I'll gladly take that performance from him every game. Can't expect perfection on every play.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We had plenty of time to score after the PI.
We're allergic to the red zone.
It always happens.
Just face it.
We were destined to lose.