Tom Brady suspended for four games

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Four games is about what I expected for Brady all along but once the NFLPA finishes appealing, it could easily be reduced to 2 or 3 games. Basically, not too much more than a slap on the wrist.

no reason to win on appeal. this is akin to PEDs.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a clause that would allow the judge to actually raise the penalty if he/she deems appropriate? I would venture to guess that only truly innocent players/teams would be willing to risk an appeal if that were the case.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm not defending the Patriots at all, but I think the lack of fumbling thing is overblown. More than any other coach in the league Bill Belichick with bench a player who fumbles. If Demarco Murray played for the Patriots last year, with his fumbling issues, his butt would have been on the bench at some point. Players there learn that they hold on to the ball or they sit, it's that simple.

Corey Dillon fumbled the football 5 times in his first season with the Patriots. That is the same number of fumbles Murray had this past season. I don't recall Belichick benching Dillon that year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Isn't this the third offense?

Wasn't there recording practices, listening to the other teams mics and now this? Or was the listening fiasco never proven?

Oh it was proven.................

nfl_g_owens_195.jpg

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Kraft has said NE will not appeal the punishment, so everything should stick. Obviously Brady can and most likely will appeal his punishment.

I think they should take that pick that they are taking away and award it to the winner of the Super Bowl.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Kraft has said NE will not appeal the punishment, so everything should stick. Obviously Brady can and most likely will appeal his punishment.

I think they should take that pick that they are taking away and award it to the winner of the Super Bowl.

NFLPA has already appealed the suspension

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
the fumbling has actually been undersold. the chance of it being random is in the 10,000 to 1 range

The Patriots play out doors. It just so happens that their lack of fumbles drastically declined in 2007 when the new rule came out. Its was not just a small percentage but almost a 3 to 1 ratio advantage that the Patriots had over the next team. Thus there is a smoking gun there. People are downplaying it as though its just good coaching. But even some of the ex-players are doubting that fact that can even happen.

People take enhancing drugs to get an advantage. Yet we would not know for sure if they would be just as good without it. Same applies to the Patriots cheating. There is still a possibility that it gave them an advantage all this years. Thats what cheating does, physically and mentally.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

They should take that pick and award it to us to serve as a reminder that Dallas was cheated from a catch that could have gone further into the playoffs.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Sgt Schultz act didnt work Tom . . . . . . . :huh::lmao2:

http://i1152.***BLOCKED***/albums/p497/Arek56/SgtSchulz.jpg

actually that was Belicheat and Kraft's excuse as well. But shady brady got the short end of the straw.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Wasn't enough as far as I'm concerned. There's no telling how long they were doing this, but every fumble study of players before, during and after their NE times and their Fumbles per play leads me to think a long time. To me it would be similar to a basketball game where one team has an 18" hoop and the other has a 20" hoop. It was blatant and definitely had an affect on games or they wouldn't have done it. They artificially altered the playing field in their favor. 4 games wasn't enough and Belichek shouldn't have got off unscathed.