Tony Dungy just said we got robbed

sbark

Reaction score
Looseing had become a habit, a acceptable end result

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
We shouldn't have been in that position against a bad team.
Not vs. a “bad team”. The Commanders are much improved and if you look closely at their schedule you might even be tempted to pencil them in as a playoff team if not outright division winner. Of course, it’s the NFL so we go week-to-week alternating between coronations and jumping off the ledge. The only “sure thing” seems to be the Cowboys inconsistency. I fully expect them to come out of the Bye Week flatter than a piece of 10 day old roadkill on the I-10.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
We shouldn't have been in that position against a bad team.
Not vs. a “bad team”. The Commanders are much improved and if you look closely at their schedule you might even be tempted to pencil them in as a playoff team if not outright division winner. Of course, it’s the NFL so we go week-to-week alternating between coronations and jumping off the ledge. The only “sure thing” seems to be the Cowboys inconsistency. I fully expect them to come out of the Bye Week flatter than a piece of 10 day old roadkill on the I-10.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yea well he's been in the league for 14 years and the foul hasnt been called in 20 years... It is indeed a bs call if the refs did enforce this rule then they would of had the flags flown way before the linemen even jumped.. they should have enforced it on the extra point, or previous punts in the past 14 years.. They threw the flag for offisides, but then got together and figured out a way to fck us because they are against us and always will be.

at the same time... it does make sense. The Dlineman are trained to jump when that ball moves.Thus, a center shouldnt be moving it around. Its just complete BS they dont call it more often so that maybe our center wouldnt make this damn mistake.

If i played football at his level I would of read the rules of my position 100% and make sure they cant get me for nothing.
At this level coaches do not teach. They assume these grown men already know what they need. It is friggin rediculous. We know that many of these players know less about the rules than we do by how they play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maher should make that kick with the game on the line. Thats what he's paid to do. 52 yards is easily in his range.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
So basically you are just incompetent and have no clue that our Center does the same exact things in two totally DIFFERENT scenarios, one when the refs were SET along with the line, meaning the whistle was blown, the other, the refs were NOT set and the setting up the play was still happening before they blew the whistle...
News flash! You aren't the smartest mother****er on here and I am not going to read all of your repetitive BS. The fact is that LP does the same exact thing before every single snap. I agree with a lot of the stuff that you post infact I have given you quite a few likes in other threads but I don't agree with you on this because I have seen him do that same thing over and over again but the 3rd team decided until the worst possible time to make that BS call.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be correct.. I'm just as mad at you at this call, but at the same times this vague rules state that the standard procedure is not correct and the refs need to start enforcing these vague rules all the time.

A professional center who's been doing it his entire life should have no problem not using this procedure anymore and just walking up being confident and know your hand position is correct on the ball.

Just so you'll realize the fantasy you're entertaining, Ladoceur has been a 13-year veteran who has served this team since 2005 performing his duties in this same exact way since his arrival with the Cowboys. He's never been flagged for any such infraction during his stay with the team in all that time.

Keep on insisting to entertain that fantasy if it suits you. You'll be mistaken as long as you do. As you've said, you're not trying to be correct but prefer siding with the opposition's point of view to save face. I'm sure your many Commanders fans share your opinion.

Your correct about one thing -- that the ref's contrived rule that you stubbornly site is vague and fake enough to not have been called on Ladoceur in the last 13 years. It was a home town call contrived by a ref intent upon pleasing the home team's fans, nothing more.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he should, but at almost the same time a couple of miles away in Baltimore the best kicker in the league missed an extra point that would have tied their game. 42 better than 52

It was a 47 yarder and the penalty was 5 yards making it 52. Maher needs to make those..............could care less that he's not the only kicker that missed a big one yesterday.

JustChip

Reaction score
That's the mindset now, which is sad. With Roger, Troy and Romo we all felt there was always a chance.

Now, looking above at your post there's a fear Dak will fumble, take a sack or throw an Interception.

Weak coach and QB and JJ seems to love it.

The difference is a QB in his 3rd year vs. the QBs you listed when they were established veterans. Frankly, the way the offense had played, especially the OL, there was probably more chance of a negative play than a significant positive play. In 2 or 3 years you will probably see a different approach, assuming Dak and Jason are still here. And, by the way, Tom Landry definitely played many, many games conservatively to take a FG shot to tie or win.

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
It was a 47 yarder and the penalty was 5 yards making it 52. Maher needs to make those..............could care less that he's not the only kicker that missed a big one yesterday.
47 - 5 = 42
like i said he should make those, but blaming him for the loss is very naive.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony is just steering the pot .

He avoids talking about how terrible Jason Garrett has been for a decade .
Not so sure about that.
He sure seems to high praise to any HC or OC that has creative play-calling. He's always pointing out, subtly, things QBs (and teams) have to overcome due to poor play design or play calling.

keysersoze

Reaction score
We should have done what romo was saying we should do.
Well why didn’t Romo do it while he was here? It’s easy to talk that ish from a sky booth. Didn’t work so well when he was on the field. We lost many games with him in the same fashion. Romo is no HOF SB MVP quarterback either.

davidariust24

Reaction score

Defenders watch the snap. He moved and it’s illegal. Whether they call it consistently or not, it’s another issue.

There is no penalty called illegal ball movement. Every long snapper in the league and probably every center has or does that move every time. That ref should be fined big time especially if the story of Jay gruden telling them that we move the ball and they paid attention because of that and called it. The league stated last night that that wasn't a penalty as well.

davidariust24

Reaction score
There is no penalty called illegal ball movement. Every long snapper in the league and probably every center has or does that move every time. That ref should be fined big time especially if the story of Jay gruden telling them that we move the ball and they paid attention because of that and called it. The league stated last night that that wasn't a penalty as well.
My mistake. I thought they said they were wrong

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No urgency at all. He goes for it on 4th and whatever earlier and then plays conservative in the last drive? **** sakes!
He is fixated with his vision of what he wants us to be .

not who we are.

He needs to go.

We will never win with him.

khiladi

Reaction score

1. This is the Director of Officiating and he said it was illegal, so where exactly did the league say what you said it did?

2. He’s clearly not using it in a formal sense and of course there is. A snap has to be one continuous motion and start from the ground. What you are arguing is semantics and nowhere is the Director claiming that is the name of the penalty, what he is saying is that movement of the ball is what made it illegal. The actual penalty he is referring to is the movement that happened when the Center moved illegally causing the defender to jump off-sides.

A Center for example can only turn his head or shoulder after the snap.

Again, all of it hinges on when the whistle was blown. Just because the Cebter dats he does it “all the time” doesn’t mean he does it all the time after the whistle is blown to indicate the play has started and nobody can move on the line anymore. Like I said for about the twentieth time, our Center does his ‘normal’ movement in two totally different contexts.