Tony Dungy just said we got robbed

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Idk.. it would make sense that the center should not be aloud to move the ball at all regardless of set or not. Also, this should be called regardless if the player defensive player jumps or not. Honestly, it sounds more like pro football if the center just lines up and snaps it off the ground as a rule. thus, if any movement of the ball in any play from the center should be pentalized according to these vague rules.

And that's fine if that's the way they want to call it. But LP said he's done this every snap for his entire career, and they pick the most critical moment in this game and probably our season to call it.

Reaction score
And that's fine if that's the way they want to call it. But LP said he's done this every snap for his entire career, and they pick the most critical moment in this game and probably our season to call it.

Yes i agree.. thats what I'm complaining about now that I know the rules. They should call this anytime, anywhere.

Reaction score
Says nothing in the rules its only an illegal snap if the defense jumps offsides.. They let this slide all game with a clear eye view of the center, but wait until the game is on the line. THEN, the hard headed center has the balls to do it again on the rekick

Reaction score
Sounds like the same people making the rules are the people who wont let the cowboys represent some cops shot up in texas, but support everything else
The center flinched in that scenario, while Ladouceur never did.

These situations are simply two totally different circumstances.

a flinch would be a false start.. him moving the ball around is a snap infraction.

Like i'm saying if they're gonna call it then they need to call it every single time because what Ladouceur has been doing is not aloud in the NFL's vague rules.. they just like to pull them out on us when the game is on the line.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sounds like the same people making the rules are the people who wont let the cowboys represent some cops shot up in texas, but support everything else

a flinch would be a false start.. him moving the ball around is a snap infraction.

Like i'm saying if they're gonna call it then they need to call it every single time because what Ladouceur has been doing is not aloud in the NFL's vague rules.. they just like to pull them out on us when the game is on the line.

Ladouceur didn't move the ball around but merely changed the slant of the ball. There was no sudden movement with LD where there was in the VT segment. Sudden movement is what causes the d-linemen to jump offsides. This is where the difference lies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Laeouceur didn't move the ball around but merely changed the slant of the ball. There was no sudden movement with LD where there was in the VT segment. Sudden movement is what causes the d-linemen to jump offsides. This is where the difference lies.

ya its bs, but with rules written the way they are he shouldnt be adjusting nothing or moving the ball at all. He should be walking up to the ball put his hands on it, snap it, and thats it. Maybe, if they called this illegal ball movement more often he would have known not to do this.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
ya its bs, but with rules written the way they are he shouldnt be adjusting nothing or moving the ball at all. He should be walking up to the ball put his hands on it, snap it, and thats it. Maybe, if they called this illegal ball movement more often he would have known not to do this.

When the ball is on the ground, the C steps up and grasps it, slowly bringing it to a position whereby he can snap it. This is routine movement, not anything to cause a D-lineman to jump. Refs don't call that because it's standard procedure. Why is that so hard to comprehend? It's basic stuff.

Reaction score
When the ball is on the ground, the C steps up and grasps it, slowly bringing it to a position whereby he can snap it. This is routine movement, not anything to cause a D-lineman to jump. Refs don't call that because it's standard procedure. Why is that so hard to comprehend? It's basic stuff.

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018 Offseason/2018 - Rule Book.pdf

section 7-5

ARTICLE 3. RESTRICTIONS FOR SNAPPER. The snap (3-32) may be made by any offensive player who is on the line of scrimmage but must conform to the following provisions:

(a) The snap must start with the ball on the ground, with its long axis horizontal and at right angles to the line.

(b) It is not necessary that the snap be between the snapper’s legs, but it must be one quick and continuous motion of the hand or hands of the snapper. The ball must leave or be taken from his hands during this motion.

(c) The snapper may not snap the ball after it is ready for play until all of the officials have had a reasonable time to assume their normal positions. If this occurs, the ball remains dead, and no penalty is assessed unless it is a repeated act after a warning (delay of game).

Where do you see he's aloud to be touching the ball and moving it around??

also in the video of the Snap infraction with VT, no defensive player went offsides and the foul was still called

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018 Offseason/2018 - Rule Book.pdf

section 7-5

ARTICLE 3. RESTRICTIONS FOR SNAPPER. The snap (3-32) may be made by any offensive player who is on the line of scrimmage but must conform to the following provisions:

(a) The snap must start with the ball on the ground, with its long axis horizontal and at right angles to the line.

(b) It is not necessary that the snap be between the snapper’s legs, but it must be one quick and continuous motion of the hand or hands of the snapper. The ball must leave or be taken from his hands during this motion.

(c) The snapper may not snap the ball after it is ready for play until all of the officials have had a reasonable time to assume their normal positions. If this occurs, the ball remains dead, and no penalty is assessed unless it is a repeated act after a warning (delay of game).

Where do you see he's aloud to be touching the ball and moving it around??

The refs were in position to determine what was happening. They called an infraction that wasn't in violation of any rule that exists here. Our C didn't "move the ball around as it never left the ground." Changing it from a horizontal position laying on the ground to a diagonal position with the point of the ball still on the ground is standard procedure that referees don't call unless they want to placate the home crowd. You haven't ever noticed other centers grasping the ball and setting it up to be hiked? If not, you haven't watched much football, my friend! Give it up.

Do you really think you know more than Tony Dungy does about this subject? If so, I doubt it.

Reaction score
The refs were in position to determine what was happening. They called an infraction that wasn't in violation of any rule that exists here. Our C didn't "move the ball around as it never left the ground." Changing it from a horizontal position laying on the ground to a diagonal position with the point of the ball still on the ground is standard procedure that referees don't call unless they want to placate the home crowd. You haven't ever noticed other centers grasping the ball and setting it up to be hiked? If not, you haven't watched much football, my friend! Give it up.

Yes I have seen Centers do this numerous times... thats why I'm saying this needs to be pentalized every single damn time and not at a crucial time like this.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes I have seen Centers do this numerous times... thats why I'm saying this needs to be pentalized every single damn time and not at a crucial time like this.

Yes, I see now -- they need to change their standard procedure so you can be correct, rather than all wet. That much is clear. We're done here. You're wasting my time.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Tony Dungy just said we got robbed. And a elf at the north pole called and wanted his ears back too. so?

Reaction score
Yes, I see now -- they need to change their standard procedure so you can be correct, rather than all wet. That much is clear. We're done here. You're wasting my time.

I'm not trying to be correct.. I'm just as mad at you at this call, but at the same times this vague rules state that the standard procedure is not correct and the refs need to start enforcing these vague rules all the time.

A professional center who's been doing it his entire life should have no problem not using this procedure anymore and just walking up being confident and know your hand position is correct on the ball.

Shneek814

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that the refs blew the whistle to start the play after he moved the ball? Like they came up with that call after the defensive player crossed the line. If you re-watch it, no ref reacts right away.

Shneek814

Reaction score
That was a BS call. Still mad at Garrett for his awful clock management. And Dak 3rd for his inability to capitalize. He shoulda got picked a few more times. Especially in the 4th. It's like Noone wanted to win that game except for our defense.

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that the refs blew the whistle to start the play after he moved the ball? Like they came up with that call after the defensive player crossed the line. If you re-watch it, no ref reacts right away.

Play was set correct everything was correct other than the dude moving the ball around... maybe if they enforced the rule more than once every 20 years the refs and centers would know *** happend