Tony Dungy just said we got robbed

Reaction score
NO ONE is a bad team against Dallas!

Everyone who plays against Dallas is fully rested and wants to kick their *** like no other team...

khiladi

Reaction score
Bull****.

“No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started.”

The defender jumped because our snapper moved his hands after already being in a set motion. If the defender didn’t jump, the refs may have let it slide, but he did and it was illegal.

Reaction score
“No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started.”

Nothing was moved abrupltly....

Goo Google the rule man..the center can move the ball in a 90 degree manner all he wants

Can't lift it off the ground, move it left to right, or abruptly

Why didn't the ref call the foul standing right in front of him? Why didn't the players call it out as well??? Cuz it's all bs

mldardy

Reaction score
Oh please with this bs. Players do this almost every damn snap and NOW you want to call it. Like I said bull****. Convenient bull****. And it says 'assuming set position'. So the officials go by assumptions. That's even more bs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nothing was moved abrupltly....

Goo Google the rule man..the center can move the ball in a 90 degree manner all he wants

Can't lift it off the ground, move it left to right, or abruptly

Why didn't the ref call the foul standing right in front of him? Why didn't the players call it out as well??? Cuz it's all bs

I just quoted the rule.

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh please with this bs. Players do this almost every damn snap and NOW you want to call it. Like I said bull****. Convenient bull****.

Show me where they do it all the time and the guy goes offsides And the ref said it’s OK? Your anecdotes are not proof..

mldardy

Reaction score
Show me where they do it all the time and the guy goes offsides And the ref said it’s OK? Your anecdotes are not proof..
Show you? Why don't you watch every snap. You need to open your eyes and show yourself.

khiladi

Reaction score
Show you? Why don't you watch every snap. You need to open your eyes and show yourself.

So you don’t have any proof?

If you pay attention to the rule, it’s defined by how the DEFENDER reacts. The defender reacted in this situation to the ball movement.

mldardy

Reaction score
So you don’t have any proof?

If you pay attention to the rule, it’s defined by how the DEFENDER reacts. The defender reacted in this situation to the ball movement.
I just gave you proof. It's you that don't have any proof. If it was called on a consistent basis that would be your proof but it's hardly ever called so your excuse that just because it doesn't get called doesn't make it wrong is pure bs. It needs to be called more often if it's a rule and not because it's convenient.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I'll sign up for the iffy call. I will also say that it was a penalty.
That wasn't the reason for the loss though.

Give credit here and there. The Commanders shut down the biggest weapon.

mldardy

Reaction score
He does it the same exact way the 2nd fg attempt at the 52 yard...the 2 plays are identical, no foul tho
Exactly this. I want to see this called every time on us from now on if it's a rule and every other team but I know it won't be.

khiladi

Reaction score
He does it the same exact way the 2nd fg attempt at the 52 yard...the 2 plays are identical, no foul tho

Again, because THE DEFENDER jumped in the first case, meaning it would have either been encroachment or illegal move. As I said, the rule is qualified in this case by how the defender reacts.

And as far as the actual rules of the snap:

Article 3: Restrictions for Snapper. The snap (3-31) may be made by any offensive player who is on the
line of scrimmage but must conform to the following provisions:

(a) The snap must start with the ball on the ground, with its long axis horizontal and at right angles to the line.

(b) It is not necessary that the snap be between the snapper’s legs, but it must be one quick and continuous motion of the hand or hands of the snapper. The ball must leave or be taken from his hands during this motion.

(c) The snapper may not snap the ball after it is ready for play until all of the officials have had a reasonable time to assume their normal stances. If this occurs, the ball remains dead, and no penalty is assessed unless it is a repeated act after a warning (delay of game).

Penalty: For illegally snapping the ball: Loss of five yards from the line of scrimmage.