Tony Dungy just said we got robbed

mldardy

Reaction score
Again, because THE DEFENDER jumped in the first case, meaning it would have either been encroachment or illegal move. As I said, the rule is qualified in this case by how the defender reacts.

And as far as the actual rules of the snap:
Wow we got Roger Goodell Jr here. 'I believe it was the right call, I'm a robot'

mldardy

Reaction score
So because he says he does it all the time, that’s proof? So do defenders jump all the time when he does it?
Yeah that's proof that he's done it the same way for FOURTEEN YEARS and never once been called for it. That's all the proof you need.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow we got Roger Goodell Jr here. 'I believe it was the right call, I'm a robot'

So they should have called encroachment then, because you say the snapper does it all the time, even if it’s against the rules?

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah that's proof that he's done it the same way for FOURTEEN YEARS and never once been called for it. That's all the proof you need.

That’s what’s called an anecdote.. not proof.. and if he actually did it that much, that’s actually proof he’s getting favoritism for 14 years and it was finally called..

Reaction score
The rule stands if it's an illegal ball movement but the center js aloud to move it 90 degrees ...

That's why the other lineman just twitched and didn't actually go offsides..complete bias and rigged system

khiladi

Reaction score
The rule stands if it's an illegal ball movement but the center js aloud to move it 90 degrees ...

That's why the other lineman just twitched and didn't actually go offsides..complete bias and rigged system

Where is the continuous motion?

Do all defenders jump on a false start by an offensive lineman? What relevance does the other lineman who twitches have to do with the point the Center committed an illegal movement that caused the defender to jump?

Reaction score
That’s what’s called an anecdote.. not proof.. and if he actually did it that much, that’s actually proof he’s getting favoritism for 14 years and it was finally called..

What you're saying is true but the way he moved the ball is not an illegal pre snap ball movement!!! It only moved 90 degrees...

If it was an illegal ball movement AND THE guy goes o ffsides then you call that call

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I just hope Tony Dungy will back this up with tape and nfl rules ...

Because if he doesn't, his just stirring the pot .

Reaction score
Where is the continuous motion?

Do all defenders jump on a false start by an offensive lineman? What relevance does the other lineman who twitches have to do with the point the Center committed an illegal movement that caused the defender to jump?

Dude, go further back on the actual rule of this calling, not some Google stuff that was written after this game. Go about 5 pages back on Google

khiladi

Reaction score
And BTW, there is totally a difference between the forty seven yarder and the fifty two yarder. In the first case, the refs were already well set when he moved. In the fifty two yarder he places the ball on the ground BEFORE even the refs were set.

Reaction score
Back in high school football I only seen this called once and it was when the center picked the ball up and tried moving it a yard ahead of him..this is complete b.s. the ball is always moving in a 90 degree manner when the center is looking around

Reaction score
And BTW, there is totally a difference between the forty seven yarder and the fifty two yarder. In the first case, the refs were already well set when he moved. In the fifty two yarder he places the ball on the ground BEFORE even the refs were set.

Shoulda been at the 42 for going offsides and would have been nice to not ice our kicker

khiladi

Reaction score
Shoulda been at the 42 for going offsides and would have been nice to not ice our kicker

So basically your argument is:

It should have been off-sides because, even though the center illegally shifted the ball to make him jump, the other defender twitched and didn’t jump?

khiladi

Reaction score
The only legitimate argument I can see is that the snap technically starts with the ball on the ground, but he’s holding it up that duration when the refs have ALREADY established themselves. So if anything the refs are at fault for allowing that to happen in the first place.

But at the same time, it’s already well past everybody is set, including the refs themselves taking their positions, meaning the whistle was blown and the defender is not going to expect an extra movement at the snap. So he jumps based on the movement, after hearing the whistle that the play is to begin.

In the second field goal attempt, the Center places it down before the refs are even set, meaning most likely before the whistle is blown. So they are keying in on a ball that’s already on the ground when the whistle is blown.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Defenders watch the snap. He moved and it’s illegal. Whether they call it consistently or not, it’s another issue.

Rules that are not called consistently are not rules at all, but arbitrary exercise of power.

And what was with the "we have to booth review but we'll keep the clock running as long as we can?" Since when do the refs do that?

Seemed like two calls in the final seconds that were pretty demented.