Tony Pauline on Dan Quinn’s future

Proof

Reaction score
1) Raiders and (2) Panthers have already made the move.
3) Commanders and (4) Chargers to do likewise;
5) Bears and (6) Patriots possibly pull the plug?
7) Buccaneers and (8) Saints perhaps give their HCs one more season.
Any of these situations enticing enough for Quinn to leave ..especially if the Cowboys get to the NCCG \ Super Bowl?
feel like chargers are the only possibility that feels like a premium opportunity.

quickccc

Reaction score
So McCarthy has to go on a deep playoff run to keep his job but we hold onto Garrett for the sake of "continuity" for 10 years?

Got it.
New direction, much more big time influence with the son Stephen Jones than ever before.
I really believe it was Stephen's influence that not only got rid of Jason Garrett but also Rod Marinelli..

people keep thinking it's all Jerry, but truly underestimate how Cap Boy is now influencing
the team's direction.

75boyz

Reaction score
Let it all play out with the outcomes of these next 4 games in mind.
Might give us a somewhat clearer picture of if McCheese is the right guy against quality competition or not.

I'm not his biggest fan but Im currently still in a TBD mode while awaiting these next 4.

I'll reserve judgment 'til then.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would be a mistake imo if we fire McCarthy and make him head coach though.

Hes a coordinator. Get him some DTs and Linebackers and let him thrive
He did take a team to the Super Bowl as a head coach, so I'm not agin it.

My measure of head coaches now is playoff progress. McCarthy earned this year by making it past the wild-card round. He has to make it past the division round this year to earn another year. If not, I would not be opposed to giving Quinn a shot.

conner01

Reaction score
I believe Quinn genuinely loves it here, and could see him sticking around for a number of years. I also would not be surprised if becoming a hc again was just too tempting.
Well put. I think he loves it here. Loves the defensive players he has. But the chance to be a HC is a hard thing to turn down.