Tony Pauline on Dan Quinn’s future

RoboQB

Reaction score
Sure, let's fire the HC with multiple 12 win seasons, who has managed to
at least function within the Jones Circus. Oh, and we'll replace him with a guy
who blew a 25 point lead in a Super Bowl. All just to keep a guy here who's
a candidate to go somewhere else.

Nah, Quinn should stay as DC and ride out his career on the coattails of Parsons.
If not, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

The NFL game is all about the HC-QB connection.
Big Mike and Daddy Dak are solid.
They'll probably get contract extensions on the same day.

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's see. We lost to the Cardinals because the defense could not stop them from scoring after we pulling within 1 score. We lost to the 49ers because the defense got abused. We lost to the Eagles because we let them score 3 TDs after taking an early lead. S the solution is? Fire the H/C and hire the defensive coordinator!

I don't think Jerry is going to fire MM even if the Cowboys go one and done again in the playoffs. I don't think Quinn will go anywhere either. If he really wanted to leave why not leave last year when he had 3 good opportunities?

Dallas's problems are not coaching. It is culture and philosophy from the very top. The Cowboys need a big impact dude in the middle of the defense. They need to be willing to be real players in free agency to get that one or two guys to take them over the hump. They need to stop overpaying their own players. These are things coming from Jerry and Stephen, not from MM or Quinn.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The QB improvement/ improvement of the offense alone should secure Mike’s job for at least another season.

There is no way I would consider making a change outside of Dallas dropping 5 in a row and getting knocked out in the first round.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let's see. We lost to the Cardinals because the defense could not stop them from scoring after we pulling within 1 score. We lost to the 49ers because the defense got abused. We lost to the Eagles because we let them score 3 TDs after taking an early lead. S the solution is? Fire the H/C and hire the defensive coordinator!

I don't think Jerry is going to fire MM even if the Cowboys go one and done again in the playoffs. I don't think Quinn will go anywhere either. If he really wanted to leave why not leave last year when he had 3 good opportunities?

Dallas's problems are not coaching. It is culture and philosophy from the very top. The Cowboys need a big impact dude in the middle of the defense. They need to be willing to be real players in free agency to get that one or two guys to take them over the hump. They need to stop overpaying their own players. These are things coming from Jerry and Stephen, not from MM or Quinn.
Great post. Nailed it

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Well, we have a few stiff defenses coming up. I would say if mike underperforms against them dan quinn will be your head coach.
We have better offenses coming up. I am more worried about the defense in our upcoming games.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
If we make a deep playoff run, or Super Bowl our coordinators will be raided anyway. That much you can do.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ryan was a bad hire, because they're going to lose Slowik and then make their prolific young QB start with a new OC.

Good HCs are just good offensive minds. Go right down the list of the top 10 teams and pretty much every HC is either the OC or has an OC that they're about to lose. I think Harbaugh is the only one who doesn't fit that mold.
who hired Bob Slowik in the first place with Houston Texans ? Demeco Ryan right ?

so are You saying Ryan is a bad HC hire ..simply because he hired what is seemingly looking like a good OC hire in Slowik ?

:huh:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
lol things that won’t happen. So fire the guy who keeps the team competitive has helped develop this QB who has won a SB as a HC, all for a guy whose defense is leaky and lost a SB with a huge lead?

No wonder this team is stuck in the mud every single year.

Someone please take DQ off our hands.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It would be a mistake imo if we fire McCarthy and make him head coach though.

Hes a coordinator. Get him some DTs and Linebackers and let him thrive

Spending on top coaching is where Jerry's big pile of money *could* give us an advantage in keeping a top coordinator from leaving to become a HC.

McCarthy seems to be coaching well as OC and Quinn well as DC. Making Quinn happy to stay as DC is the lynchpin to coaching and scheme stability. Having both sides of the ball covered is making us a legitimate contender. Gotta think that's worth a large chunk of entertainment dollars for Jerry. Hope he makes the investment necessary to get it.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Jerry isn’t firing McCarthy. These "insiders" can be a joke sometimes.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If big Mike fails in the playoffs, again…

Then he’s likely gone.

Same thing with Dak.

DQ is gonna be our next HC.

Big_D

Reaction score
Sure, let's fire the HC with multiple 12 win seasons, who has managed to
at least function within the Jones Circus. Oh, and we'll replace him with a guy
who blew a 25 point lead in a Super Bowl. All just to keep a guy here who's
a candidate to go somewhere else.

Nah, Quinn should stay as DC and ride out his career on the coattails of Parsons.
If not, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

The NFL game is all about the HC-QB connection.
Big Mike and Daddy Dak are solid.
They'll probably get contract extensions on the same day.
Mike has a Super Bowl win and all the credit goes to Rodgers. Quinn blows one of the biggest leads in Super Bowl history and fans are willing to just let that one go?? Even if by some ridiculous chance the team fires McCarthy which would be laughable at this point, Quinn certainly wouldn't be the guy I want.

mfiggs18

Reaction score
Weird time for this news to come out when the defense hasn't looked good versus teams with winning records.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dan Quinn already said back in the Spring that he's not planning on going anywhere. He wants to stick around and help Mike McCarthy and this team of players win several Super Bowls. Mike McCarthy is not going anywhere either, and he shouldn't leave. He has proven to be a very good head coach for the Dallas Cowboys. It would be crazy to get rid of him or Dan Quinn.

It's just your average day wannabe writers trying to gain name notoriety by spewing nonsense.
And a number of the CZ members will continually post their "content" here in this forum as the season comes down to what appears will be an uncertain and exciting end --- which is far more meaningful to watch unfold.

Last edited:

Gambit

Reaction score
New direction, much more big time influence with the son Stephen Jones than ever before.
I really believe it was Stephen's influence that not only got rid of Jason Garrett but also Rod Marinelli..

people keep thinking it's all Jerry, but truly underestimate how Cap Boy is now influencing
the team's direction.
I agree. I've long said McCarthy was all Stephen Jones and he had to sell his Dad on it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Quinn would be typical Jerry if it comes to that.

I am not a McCarthy fan and if they have to change coaches because we spit the bit coming down the stretch again, they need to think outside the box and find a young, up and comer. These retreads are BS.