Tony Pauline on Dan Quinn’s future

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You know I was being sarcastic right. I think Moore is a garbage OC. Just another Jerry creation. Guy is a figment.
I know. I wasn't directing my comments towards you. I just think it's ridiculous that Kellen Moore can only get 6 measly points from a Herbert-led offense.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
What I am surprised is why this is coming up? Its like trying to split the team up in the locker.

Einstein

Reaction score
It's no secret that DQ loves it in Dallas and the Cowboys love him.

He has had a chance to leave before and didn't and I don't think he will now.
Agreed, unless the PERFECT situation came up, and I'm not sure what that would entail.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What I am surprised is why this is coming up? Its like trying to split the team up in the locker.
I'm sure the players aren't losing any sleep about a hot sports take from Sportskeeda.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Why? Because he consistently has this team in the playoffs. Nothing like the Garrett years at all. If that don't mean nothing to you then that's your prerogative, and this will be the 1st year without being handicapped by Kellen. But as I said, I can totally see it happening.
He has an agenda against mccarthy

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not worried,I think Jerry will elevate Al Harris and it will be a deserved promotion.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why? Because he consistently has this team in the playoffs. Nothing like the Garrett years at all. If that don't mean nothing to you then that's your prerogative, and this will be the 1st year without being handicapped by Kellen. But as I said, I can totally see it happening.
So that's the bar? Make the playoffs a lot? So much for high expectations for this franchise.

What good is making the playoffs if you keep getting bounced early?

Using your logic, as long as McCarthy made the playoffs, you'd keep him around even if they continually got bounced in the WC or divisional rounds?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
who hired Bob Slowik in the first place with Houston Texans ? Demeco Ryan right ?

so are You saying Ryan is a bad HC hire ..simply because he hired what is seemingly looking like a good OC hire in Slowik ?

:huh:
No, he's a bad hire because they are going to lose Slowik and have a hard time being consistent on offense.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
So that's the bar? Make the playoffs a lot? So much for high expectations for this franchise.

What good is making the playoffs if you keep getting bounced early?

Using your logic, as long as McCarthy made the playoffs, you'd keep him around even if they continually got bounced in the WC or divisional rounds?
Not the bar. But you need consistent shots. We are finally getting that. I'm sure your a older person, so you know the drill. Things aren't instant in this league.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed that you can't fire Big Mike!......especially with the way the offense (passing game) is starting to take off. Maybe McCarthy should have been given the reigns to the offense from the get go instead of in year 3! It would have been a well oiled efficient machine with an identity by now!
Except if Jones is in love with developing his own head coach, right, KM?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I seriously doubt any major changes happen this year.

If DQ gets promoted to HC who is the OC? If KM was here that would be easy but now not so much with all 3 QB on expiring contracts next year i believe.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Interesting that McCarthy has to go deep in the playoffs to keep his job.

Would be a mistake imo. I dont care what anybody says, hes a good coach.
Eh, I don’t know if he’s good enough with the details and discipline, hard nosed play by us…..maybe it’s him, maybe we don’t have enough alpha dogs who are fully dedicated….but it feels like we are missing something…he not a bad coach, but can he get us passed SF in the playoffs, I don’t know.