Twitter: Tony Romo #71 and Tyron Smith #78 on the NFLN Top 100

Animosity

Reaction score
I like Wilson a lot.

But, he did turn the ball over at a higher rate than Romo last year and under far, FAR less stressful circumstances.
31/10 > 26/9

I really want to know how many of those TDs by Romo were in garbage time. Cause he threw a couple vs the Bears when the game was way out of reach.

Jstopper

Reaction score
I really want to know how many of those TDs by Romo were in garbage time. Cause he threw a couple vs the Bears when the game was way out of reach.

Don't make up things to prove a point. When the Bears game got out of reach Romo was pulled for Orton

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
So winning one playoff game in what... 8 YEARS? is considered a success? Are you people kidding me?

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mannings, Drew Brees, etc... would be FAILURES if they had one playoff win.

All of those QBs have zero playoff wins. It's a fake, made up stat that falls apart upon minimal inspection. Turn off ESPN and tune into the real word. You can do it if you try.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I think other than that game and at NO, there was no garbage time.
All the games were tight.
Man, you're digging hard to trash Dallas' QB

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Add Joe Flacco to that list. 83.7 career passer rating. His team just got hot at the right time and Denver basically gift wrapped them a win.

Wrong. Flacco put up amazing stats in that playoff run. He was absolutely fantastic. He isn't a great regular season QB but that dude was clutch as hell in that subprtbowl run.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I think other than that game and at NO, there was no garbage time.
All the games were tight.
Man, you're digging hard to trash Dallas' QB

See, I have the same problem with my likes on this site. They're all from cracking jokes in the game thread during garbage time when the game is out of reach.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm sure none of Wilson's TD passes where when the game was out of reach...even if it was Seattle doing the blowout.
None of the other QBs had any garbage time TDs the entire season, only those one or two vs Chicago by Romo....those were the only ones.

In reality, due to all of their close games, he may have FEWER garbage time TDs than nearly all QBs.
Really weak stuff tonight.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I will not as far as saying done it would require alot of players stepping up and the team leaning a lot more on the run game. Tim Tebow is not a good QB yet did enough to help Denver make it to post season and take down Pitt in the playoffs. Was nothing magic about it, it was a full team effort to get it done. Again what I will say because the QB touches the ball on every offensive play he can do more to lose a game for you than any position.

It's funny how much people preach "team" when they are in love with a QB that just can't get it done when he is needed most. A QB that is paid as good as Romo carries his team. Romo on the other hand becomes this weakest link when needed most. Look no further than his last "win and in" game.

1 playoff win in 8 freaking years? Pathetic!

Everson24

Reaction score
Personally I think NFL Network should be ashamed of themselves for that terrible segment on Tony Romo. What other player on these lists ever had their negatives highlighted like that? No one. Do they ever show one of the top receivers dropping passes or blowing a route? Did they show Tyron Smith giving up a sack? I counted 9 negative comments in that short segment. Totally disgraceful. It's no wonder the whole nation thinks he does nothing but throw INTs. They even has a segment after the show to discuss whether he even deserved to be in the top 100. Give me a break.

I would love to see Tony Romo get a Super Bowl ring before he retires. No one deserves it more than he does for putting up with this kind of crap for so long.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Did I say he came in and threw touchdowns or did I say that they pulled romo for him? My point was that Romo wasn't saying in the game racking up garbage time TD's @The Natural

Animosity

Reaction score
It's funny how much people preach "team" when they are in love with a QB that just can't get it done when he is needed most. A QB that is paid as good as Romo carries his team. Romo on the other hand becomes this weakest link when needed most. Look no further than his last "win and in" game.

Whats even funnier is when you bring up the fact that Romo has as many playoff wins as Tim Tebow (and Tebow won his in his ONLY year starting), it's a team game. But they have no problem bringing up his 31 garbage time TDs and his stats, and how he is one of the best statistical QBs in the league..

Did I say he came in and threw touchdowns or did I say that they pulled romo for him? My point was that Romo wasn't saying in the game racking up garbage time TD's @The Natural

You are wrong.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331209003

Fess up

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

What last "win and in" game? Against the Skinnies? The OL was the weakest link in that game.

Jstopper

Reaction score

It's funny how you and people like you only wanna look at the result and now how the result was achieved. In your twisted logic Trent Dilfer was exactly what the Ravens needed because he "led" them to victory while completely ignoring that fact that they probably could have gone 16-0 with a legit qb and was being held back by qb play. Meanwhile we have a 4-12 team that is being carrier by the qb and somehow you are too blinded by ridiculous hate to see what is blatantly obvious to any football watcher with half a brain.

Animosity

Reaction score
Funny... I was wondering the same thing about you.

I root for the Cowboys, not for Romo. I want Romo gone ASAP. The sooner, the better. We should have drafted Manziel and we should have started the rebuild process this year. We've gone 8-8 the past three seasons. What makes any of you think we are going anywhere with an over the hill, 34 year old QB who's coming back from a major injury?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I root for the Cowboys, not for Romo. I want Romo gone ASAP. The sooner, the better. We should have drafted Manziel and we should have started the rebuild process this year. We've gone 8-8 the past three seasons. What makes any of you think we are going anywhere with an over the hill, 34 year old QB who's coming back from a major injury?

eh . i wonder.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Wrong. Flacco put up amazing stats in that playoff run. He was absolutely fantastic. He isn't a great regular season QB but that dude was clutch as hell in that subprtbowl run.

Yeah, that combo works out really well for a team when they need for their QB to make a few plays so they can get to the playoffs in the first place.