Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He still has to have players execute on the field, doesn’t he?
When you have a top-5 head coach of all time, tony dorsett, randy white, Ed too tall Jones, Harvey Martin, Drew Pearson, and Tony Hill on your team, your job is ALOT easier than being led by Jason Garrett

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say now what I said in October and November 2016 and occasionally every year since.

Super Bowl contending possibilities are fleeting. Permanently replacing your veteran franchise quarterback is one of the biggest decisions a front office can make. Permanently replacing your veteran franchise quarterback during a highly probable Super Bowl run is not logical when no rookie quarterback in the Super Bowl era has ever appeared in or won a National Football League championship.

And it has not happened since. Yes. The opportunities for a rookie quarterback have been rare. Yes. Dak Prescott was not the sole reason why Dallas lost to Green Bay. Does any of that really matter?

The odds were against Tony Romo leading the team to a Super Bowl berth or win. The odds were zero for Prescott. Should gamblers take odds or none at all?

The writing was on the wall. Romo was not going to be in a Cowboys uniform in 2017. Jones fell in love with his successor two months into a rookie quarterback's career. Delaying the decision... to make the change... for a FEW months... would have been worth the risk.

This is not hindsight. It was said before Romo's infamous concession speech in November 2016.

Getting what you want, without considering all of the ramifications, does not always get you what you truly want. That lesson was lost on Jerry Jones also, trapped within the chemistry euphoria of the moment.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
You watch too much ESPN.

Tell me how much better Trent Dilfer is than Dan Marino.

Dilfer won a SB so he is better than Marino right?
You do know different eras in football can’t be compared apples to apples? And neither was Jim McMAhon but what did those two SB teams have, the best defenses in the history of the NFL. They didn’t have to be Marino. Aikman doesn’t have the stats Romo nor Dak has either. How many playoff wins did Romo have again? But you guys want to go off actual “physical ability”. How do you know Danny couldn’t light it up in today’s QB coddling NFL?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol please…not you specifically but large large large portion of fan base called this guy Danny white 2.0 and a choker. They wanted him gone too.

Tony was a very good quarterback.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes, Romo was better than Dak.

But Dak is better than some here think.

Tommy

Reaction score
You do know different eras in football can’t be compared apples to apples? And neither was Jim McMAhon but what did those two SB teams have, the best defenses in the history of the NFL. They didn’t have to be Marino. Aikman doesn’t have the stats Romo nor Dak has either. How many playoff wins did Romo have again? But you guys want to go off actual “physical ability”. How do you know Danny couldn’t light it up in today’s QB coddling NFL?
You're making absolutely no sense.

You want to say Danny White is better than Romo because of deep playoff runs.

But McMahon and Dilfer made deep runs because they were on good teams is that right?

I like Danny White. I think he was an underrated QB. I'm just calling out your argument because its not accurate.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get ready for a lot of these threads this year . The seed was planted after that debacle last night in SF. The Romo nutswingers will be out in full force.
Romo sucked in big games, period. He had all the talent around him and did zero with it in the playoffs.
Danny White is the 3rd best QB in Cowboys history and laughs every night when he thinks about Romo.
I don;t think this kind of talk is necessary dude. Does it make you feel all tough using that language and tags?

You want it to go away? There's only two ways around.

If you don;t like this kind of stuff....scroll. No need for vulgarness. We're not in the sports bar.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I don;t think this kind of talk is necessary dude. Does it make you feel all tough using that language and tags?

You want it to go away? There's only two ways around.

If you don;t like this kind of stuff....scroll. No need for vulgarness. We're not in the sports bar.
Whoa, I said nutswingers and that’s more offensive than other verbiage in this entire thread? Tough talk?? Lol. Wow. Sounds like more feelings were hurt by my comments that being “offended” by language.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol look I give Romo a slight edge over Dak, but anyone thinking he was this elite QB is fooling themselves. Romo did lose to eagles in 2008 in a win and in game too, both qbs are chokers. It is what it is
Romo was a bubble elite player. Dak is a top 15 QB. That's not just "slight". The only reason Romo wasn't a top 3 QB is because he played in an era with multiple legends, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoa, I said nutswingers and that’s more offensive than other verbiage in this entire thread? Tough talk?? Lol. Wow. Sounds like more feelings were hurt by my comments that being “offended” by language.
I didn't see ALL of them dude. But my comments also applies to them. I'm not offended at all. You think you have that power? Ridiculous. Just an observation.

It's an insultand you know it. , against the rules

"But THEY did it toooooo" like a baby.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was a bubble elite player. Dak is a top 15 QB. That's not just "slight". The only reason Romo wasn't a top 3 QB is because he played in an era with multiple legends, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees.
And often played them toe to toe...like the epic Peyton the bronco shoot out. How many times did we make Romo go back out to try to win? Odd are he fails to do that once in awhile and people put "epic chokester" on him. Stupid.

Cmac

Reaction score
LOL....Romo had some of the best numbers in 4th qtr and comeback wins...

And THIS is what he gets for it....people...sheesh. Hate 'em/.
The end results are the same in describing this team......lots of talk & hope, but no jewelry or coming close to jewelry. The TRomo era barely has participation certificates. You know that. And to convince or compare his era to Dak's should tell you alot, in comparison to the lofty praise headed TRomo's career. He got nothin' too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
When you have a top-5 head coach of all time, tony dorsett, randy white, Ed too tall Jones, Harvey Martin, Drew Pearson, and Tony Hill on your team, your job is ALOT easier than being led by Jason Garrett
Yeah....not sure how this is even a question.
HOF coach and surrounded by HOF players.
Night and day

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I miss this guy man. The last time we faced a legitimate SB contender on the road in early October, he bailed us out and made plays.

Letting Dak remain the starter is Jerry’s biggest blunder since firing Jimmy

They need to move on from Dak.
He is not worth 40M a year.
Hopefully our "football men" can see that.
But, I am not holding my breath.

Cmac

Reaction score
man those threads got me heated, "lockerroom cancer" "Side line temper tantrums"
Dude wanted to win, everyone else just hangs their head down now
I'll never forget Witten & Ware telling Dez to calm down after a bad Detroit team, though witth Megatron & Stafford, come back on them, while the Defense coordinator made no adjustments to help Brandon Carr stop 300yds of receptions leakage. Team never responds when taken to the woodshed......runs home to Momma.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This thread would have more merit if it was an appreciation thread for Aikman or Staubach. Romo was a good player, but much like Dak thus far, good regular season but just laid eggs at times.

Oh by the way Romo's last regular season game against the 49ers 1 td and 3 ints. Sound familiar? We need to stop for a minute on what we're actually glorifying vs trashing. Because if we look from an objective view it may actually be more similiar than one may think.