Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, i think it shows how beat down this fan base is mentally after 26 years.

That we still have people pining over a QB who never won anything and has been retired for 7 years now.

And we are still talking about 2016 lol.

I liked Romo but come on.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I didn't see ALL of them dude. But my comments also applies to them. I'm not offended at all. You think you have that power? Ridiculous. Just an observation.

It's an insultand you know it. , against the rules

"But THEY did it toooooo" like a baby.
You were the one that pointed it out. Why don’t you take your own advice and scroll on by? The other guys in the Romo thread take it in and dish it out without any issue. It’s the nature of these threads and we all seem to handle it fine. You don’t like the “tough talk” (as you call out) then stay out of these QB threads. That’s just my advice. How about you Quit whining about it like a baby . Like I said I think your feelings were hurt more over the Romo points versus the words I used. Wow.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You do know different eras in football can’t be compared apples to apples? And neither was Jim McMAhon but what did those two SB teams have, the best defenses in the history of the NFL. They didn’t have to be Marino. Aikman doesn’t have the stats Romo nor Dak has either. How many playoff wins did Romo have again? But you guys want to go off actual “physical ability”. How do you know Danny couldn’t light it up in today’s QB coddling NFL?
Somebody here told me that Romo was better than Staubach. lol

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Honestly, i think it shows how beat down this fan base is mentally after 26 years.

That we still have people pining over a QB who never won anything and has been retired for 7 years now.

And we are still talking about 2016 lol.

I liked Romo but come on.
Here it is

So any QB that doesnt win a championship isnt worthy of missing?

Dolphins fans cant miss Marino? Falcons fans cant miss Matt Ryan? Colts fans cant miss Andrew Luck?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here it is

Dolphins fans cant miss Marino? Falcons fans cant miss Matt Ryan? Colts fans cant miss Andrew Luck?
First of all. Romo ain’t Dan Marino.

Second. I don’t think those fans should be missing those QB’s 7 years later after they’re gone and retired. No.

If you do it’s because your fan base is beat down mentally.

Then again, I miss Troy and it’s been decades since he played.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I was saying during the 2016 season that replacing Romo with Dak was an epic blunder on the part of the Cowboys organization despite the record they had. You’re welcome to do a search on this forum and see these posts. It was never a matter of the team record, or whether Dak filled in admirably or not, but an accurate assessment of why the team was actually winning and how good the team could be with Romo at the helm. This idea of chemistry or superstitious nonsense about messing with the “football gods” and a winning streak was the last thing that should be on any intelligent and rational person’s football mind when it comes to putting the best players on the field. Just utterly, utterly dumb. But so have most of the major football decisions been for this organization for going on three decades now.

To compare Romo’s alleged choke jobs of 8-8 teams to not get into the playoffs with what this team currently has is smirk-inducing “joke”. The only reason those talent and coaching lacking teams even got to that point and had a chance was due to him.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
First of all. Romo ain’t Dan Marino.

Second. I don’t think those fans should be missing those QB’s 7 years later after they’re gone and retired. No.

If you do it’s because your fan base is beat down mentally.

Then again, I miss Troy and it’s been decades since he played.
“Romo aint dan marino” oh ok cool, i didnt know that. The point is its dumb to laugh at missing a QB that didnt win a ring

Regardless, he gave us a chance. Dak has been outplayed by some of the worst qbs in the league over and over again

HungryLion

Reaction score
“Romo aint dan marino” oh ok cool, i didnt know that. The point is its dumb to laugh at missing a QB that didnt win a ring

Regardless, he gave us a chance. Dak has been outplayed by some of the worst qbs in the league over and over again
Don’t take it personally. I just think the fact that fans miss Romo is a symptom of the fact that the cowboys as an organization hasn’t accomplished jack squat in 26 years.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here it is

To be bluntly honest, no, they aren't worthy of missing.

The NFL is about winning the Super Bowl. If you couldn't even get there then all the NFL was for you was a job.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
To be bluntly honest, no, they aren't worthy of missing.

The NFL is about winning the Super Bowl. If you couldn't even get there then all the NFL was for you was a job.
So lions’ fans cant miss watching Barry Sanders play? Cool. Good to know

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% true. Romo was more of a choker than even Danny White. The Denver game is a perfect example of it.
I'd show you the stats and facts...but it wouldn't do any good. Not worth it.

Done it many times...haters gonna hate no matter what you show them.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'd show you the stats and facts...but it wouldn't do any good. Not worth it.

Done it many times...haters gonna hate no matter what you show them.
No it wouldn’t do any good. These type of anti-Romo rants are what I call media driven propaganda mode: repeat a lie over and over again and eventually the sheep will start to believe it. This is especially true if it is muddied with some truth and time passes.