Tony Romo best Cowboy QB of all time

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
If were going by SB wins, I guess Eli is better than Romo...and just as good as Roger?

Last edited:

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Then stop the Cowboy QB comparisons. I would much rather see a guy who has never won the big one compared to Romo...Maybe ummm Dan Marino. That would be a better argument. But Marino was one of the greatest to NEVER win the Super Bowl.

But that's not the subject of the OP...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Both Aikman and Staubach have stated that Romo is the best QB to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys. I think that about says it all, frankly.

I would expect both of them to not blow their own horns.

But both of them are in the HofF and carry multiple Championship rings.

Romo will make the Ring of Honor and that's it.

You tell me who is the best QB.

Please.

Sorry.

I've seen all the same guys you say you have seen and Romo is not 'the best'.

But I have no problem with you wanting to think that but you would never get me to believe it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will say that Romo has had to do more with less than any of the other QB's. Roger, Troy had stacked teams and we have seen what this team composes of in Romo's absence.

Tony might be my favorite to watch and I only caught the last couple of years from Roger. Troy was just an assassin........he would beat you with mechanics.

It is hard to compare eras but at least Romo's story hasn't ended yet........he may very well end up being the best in my eyes.

plasticman

Reaction score
:lmao2:................

Tony Romo didn't take a snap as a quarterback until his 4th season in the NFL.

Troy Aikman was the Super Bowl MVP in his 4th season.

Tony Romo's best season was last season when he was the #1 rated QB.

Troy Aikman's best season was the postseason.

Regular season stats mean didley when you talk about the best quarterback, a position whose job is strictly to guide your team to victories.

No other quarterback in the history of the NFL won more games in a single decade than Troy Aikman.

Troy Aikman did not have many comeback victories. That's because the basic requirement in order to qualify is that you had to be behind at some point.

You cannot talk about the "best" in Cowboy history without discussing championships, like it or not, fair or unfair, the whole point behind regular season games is to be good enough to get into the playoffs.

Divisional round rating:
Romo 82.2
Aikman 89.7

Conference championships:
Romo N/A
Aikman 100.3

Super Bowls:
Romo N/A
Aikman 111.9

The bigger the game, the better Troy played.

However, Troy wasn't the best QB in Cowboy history.

Questions:

How many offensive starters on the Super Bowl championship team in 1971 started for the Super Bowl championship team of 1977?

Which Cowboy is tied for the record of most NFL seasons as the #1 rated quarterback?

Which NFL quarterback has the comeback from the greatest deficit upon entering a playoff game for which he was not the starter?

rynochop

Reaction score
That's can be debated forever (and I don't want this thread to go off course), but yes.

If I need 22 yards I'm giving it to Sanders, if I need 2 I'm giving it to Emmitt.

As far as this topic, I'm ready to put Tony ahead of Aikman, sorry but Smith was the mvp of those teams. That bye week after the shoulder separation game was crazy back in the day, people were making tshirts about getting Emmitt ready for the playoffs

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
That was an amazing time to be a Cowboys fan!

If I need 22 yards I'm giving it to Sanders, if I need 2 I'm giving it to Emmitt.

As far as this topic, I'm ready to put Tony ahead of Aikman, sorry but Smith was the mvp of those teams. That bye week after the shoulder separation game was crazy back in the day, people were making tshirts about getting Emmitt ready for the playoffs

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ok thought experiment: Take this same Dallas team vs Carolina on Thanksgiving. You can play Roger, Troy or Tony in their prime. Who do you pick?

I would pick in this order: Roger, Troy, then Tony.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Ok thought experiment: Take this same Dallas team vs Carolina on Thanksgiving. You can play Roger, Troy or Tony in their prime. Who do you pick?

I would pick in this order: Roger, Troy, then Tony.

Tony, Roger, Troy

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Romo is my favorite Dallas Cowboy of all time. (I'm 38 yrs old) Tony is not as good as pure qb as Troy but Tony's Cowboys are just a mess without him. Meanwhile,Troy's Cowboys were probowl players and great coaches.Tony has had to carry a team and a lame coaching staff. Troy was surrounded by great players and coaches.