Tony Romo strikes again

starfan1

Reaction score
They didn't grease the football. They gave us one that had not been rubbed down, which is a no-no and why the league put in a rule not allowing home-team ball boys to manage the K-balls anymore. The ball was slick because it had not been prepped, which is customary. If nothing was done wrong, the league would not have changed the rules in response.
Sure thing ! Miles lost in the lights ! Crayton pulled up! Just like Dak a failure if of course you buy into QBs win games and not teams

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sure thing ! Miles lost in the lights ! Crayton pulled up! Just like Dak a failure if of course you buy into QBs win games and not teams
I blame it all on the long snapper. Think about it: While we changed QBs in 2016, we had the same long snapper throughout Romo's career and until 2020: LP Ladouceur. We should have known we needed to make a change when he snapped Romo that bad K-ball against Seattle. The last few years we've been trying to fix that mistake but we haven't invested a first-round pick in the position yet, so how can we expect to get it right? We won't win a Super Bowl until we get a Super Bowl-caliber long snapper.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I blame it all on the long snapper. Think about it: While we changed QBs in 2016, we had the same long snapper throughout Romo's career and until 2020: LP Ladouceur. We should have known we needed to make a change when he snapped Romo that bad K-ball against Seattle. The last few years we've been trying to fix that mistake but we haven't invested a first-round pick in the position yet, so how can we expect to get it right? We won't win a Super Bowl until we get a Super Bowl-caliber long snapper.
:muttley:

plasticman

Reaction score
From what I understand, that was game point.

It was the last serve.

The game was on the line, the outcome determined by this single moment of the game.

It was that part of the game when champions step up and prove they deserve to be called "a winner."

On the other hand.........

Aw, lighten up, I'm just joking!.

T-RO

Reaction score
For sure ! Just like the 2014 team right?

What a helplessly lame and misinformed post.

Dez caught it. If properly officiated Romo completes the most clutch road playoff performance since Aikman in SF, '92.

Romo's QB Rating vs. Green Bay in that playoff game was insanely elite...on a frozen field on the road: 15-19, 191, 2TD, 0 INT. That's 143.6 rating. Do you have any clue how elite that is?

But the real numbers--where the NFL doesn't jack with what everyone knows what was a catch--are even better.
16-19, 230, 2TD, 0 INT...

Near perfection, 152.19 rating...which would have ranked 9th in NFL playoff history. Far ahead of any Cowboy QB playoff performance.

Roll it. Smoke it. You might get a clue.

starfan1

Reaction score
What a helplessly lame and misinformed post.

Dez caught it. If properly officiated Romo completes the most clutch road playoff performance since Aikman in SF, '92.

Romo's QB Rating vs. Green Bay in that playoff game was insanely elite...on a frozen field on the road: 15-19, 191, 2TD, 0 INT. That's 143.6 rating. Do you have any clue how elite that is?

But the real numbers--where the NFL doesn't jack with what everyone knows what was a catch--are even better.
16-19, 230, 2TD, 0 INT...

Near perfection, 152.19 rating...which would have ranked 9th in NFL playoff history. Far ahead of any Cowboy QB playoff performance.

Roll it. Smoke it. You might get a clue.
oh ya the other excuse Dez caught it. Even if they award Dez the catch which is debatable there was plenty of time for aaron to march down the field and score. The defense was pourous. Not Romos fault but its factual. some of you Romo defenders defend Romo in this circumstance and just about any other yet villify dak for similar issues with the TEAM. If romo had it to do all over i bet he takes beasley over the middle to chew up more time

romos problem was the same as Dak. And it sits in press box. But hey if you wish to send me some some good weed to smoke Im down. Im pretty goofy in my old age heres my address. 1600 pennsylvania avenue

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo is great at basketball, golf, and was the epitome of meritocracy as a professional football player, and this guy pulls a whiff in a laidback game of pickleball as some kind of "choke" job. By all accounts, he was a gifted athlete since boyhood and beyond all the way to the professional level.

I've always said that idiots eventually self-defeat themselves. If this wasn't proof of ridiculous bias against a player, I don't know what is.

Moderators, please never delete this thread.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DT6VCHP.png

"Stupid is as stupid does." - Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump (1994)

Had an evil thought just now, which is dangerous for an insane mind like mine. What if I could inspire a viral catchphrase this year?

Hopefully, Dak Prescott will have one of his best seasons and lead the team to its sixth NFL championship. All Cowboys fans will love that to some degree, even though some might not publicly admit it. However, all quarterbacks make mistakes along the way to every conclusion of every season. So. This season. What if whenever Prescott threw an interception, I (or a fellow member) posted:

"Dak pickleballed it."

Whenever Prescott threw an arguably bad pass?

"Dak pickleballed it."

When Prescott takes an unnecessary sack? Throws the ball away when there was an open receiver? Grounded the ball? Fumbled? Whiffed on a throw?

"Dak pickleballed it."

Media reads forums for new material all the time. Sports media in particular, and especially sports talking heads. What if there was a postgame press conference and a reporter asked Prescott, "Dak? Cee Dee was open in the back of the endzone on that crucial third and goal late in the second quarter but you pickleballed it. Did you see him before throwing the ball away?

Then Prescott cuts his eyes at the guy for a split second and thinks 'What the <expletive> did he just say?' before answering.

Afterwards, the press conference moment is clipped on SportsCenter and gets seen by Colin Cowherd, who finds Romo's pickleball video and starts blathering off at the mouth, "Dak Prescott missed a wide open Cee Dee Lamb. And just like Tony Romo, Dak pickleballed that scoring opportunity Dallas needed."

Eventually, Romo would get asked about it during a CBS game and he would sheepishly explain, "Yeah. I was at a pickleball pro am last year and was going to crush the ball but ended up whiffing so bad. I fell over the net. I felt so bad. It was stupid. Don't know why that catchphrase made its way into football though. Pickleball. haha."

Yep. Pretty darn stupid. And lame. Just like the video.

Oh well. The viral part is very unlikely to happen. On the other hand, CowboysZone is an entirely different situation.

77f.gif

"PICKLEBALL!"