Tony Romo strikes again

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Truth hurt much? Romo went Hollywood. Even Troy said you absolutely don't go to Cabo during the playoffs. Romo and Witten knew what they were doing, yet they didn't care. Came home and ended with a playoff loss. Then Romo had the audacity to say he wasn't worried about perception (which Troy blasted him for) and followed it up with his “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me, then I’ve lived a pretty good life.” So that is what you support? SMDH
Bro it's only football. Romo was good and Dak is good.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
What a helplessly lame and misinformed post.

Dez caught it. If properly officiated Romo completes the most clutch road playoff performance since Aikman in SF, '92.

Romo's QB Rating vs. Green Bay in that playoff game was insanely elite...on a frozen field on the road: 15-19, 191, 2TD, 0 INT. That's 143.6 rating. Do you have any clue how elite that is?

But the real numbers--where the NFL doesn't jack with what everyone knows what was a catch--are even better.
16-19, 230, 2TD, 0 INT...

Near perfection, 152.19 rating...which would have ranked 9th in NFL playoff history. Far ahead of any Cowboy QB playoff performance.

Roll it. Smoke it. You might get a clue.
There was plenty of time left to get it done. It is what it is. But you can't just change the past.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I googled pickleball for about 10 minutes yesterday. Prize money is in its infancy but players can get corporate sponsors, etc. I had no idea but it looks like something that will get real popular worldwide really fast.

Who knows? Summer Olympics by 2036? And before some members reading this start chuckling about that possibility, understand this:

Curling eventually became an Olympic medal sport. You read that right. Curling.
I once saw a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament on ESPN2, complete with coaches.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I like how having 2 solid years in an 8 year span is the same thing Dak is dealing with? the gm before McClay was nothing more than a clueless jackazz. He disappeared for a solid 6 years after Parcells. These situations aren’t even close or similar in any way.

People love to talk about Romo at age 27 then again at 34 with no mention at all of the horrendous decisions in between which killed that team and the QB. That was Jerry at his absolute worst.. cause in 07 they could’ve had a nice run with some competent management. Instead Jerry ran them into the ground like you knew he would.
Remember the infamous special teams draft lol :facepalm:

starfan1

Reaction score
They’re known as one of the best drafting teams in the league right now. That wasn’t the case then.
There is no doubt they draft better now than before but they still have missed the mark some as of late. I like the mazi smith pick but its plenty late. Jerry has been reluctant in FA until this past year.I think were close though. Romo had 3 legit shots dak has had 3 legit shots maybe 4. The TEAM failed. Romo had years where all he had to was close out the season with wins. The TEAM failed.

I blame Jerry and coaching in alot of those failed runs. you can hold on to whatever beliefs elevate the QB of your choice.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There is no doubt they draft better now than before but they still have missed the mark some as of late. I like the mazi smith pick but its plenty late. Jerry has been reluctant in FA until this past year.I think were close though. Romo had 3 legit shots dak has had 3 legit shots maybe 4. The TEAM failed. Romo had years where all he had to was close out the season with wins. The TEAM failed.

I blame Jerry and coaching in alot of those failed runs. you can hold on to whatever beliefs elevate the QB of your choice.
We now have the best coach, easily, since BP. We have drafted better and are finally doing something more then just signing our guys and dumpster diving in FA. So there is hope.
But until the team DOES it then that is all there is.

starfan1

Reaction score
We now have the best coach, easily, since BP. We have drafted better and are finally doing something more then just signing our guys and dumpster diving in FA. So there is hope.
But until the team DOES it then that is all there is.
I agree and thats why I enjoy the ride. I dont get too up or too down.I really dont lose sleep if we dont bring home the trophy. Im not SB or bust. Its just not that serious to me anymore. The last couple seasons has been fun despite poor endings

Big_D

Reaction score

You talk about legit yet after each one of those seasons they were a non playoff team. 2009 was a joke. Nothing legit about it when 2010 was a complete mess worse than the Campo years within 3 seasons of Parcells leaving.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Anyone who's ever (recreationally ) played any kind of overhead swing game, like volleyball, tennis, badminton, etc., has probably gotten overexcited and done this, while going for an easy kill shot.
Those of us who played badminton enough to become wise learned to intentionally whiff the kill shot then tapped it over the net for a fake out. Works most of the time except against another wise player.

starfan1

Reaction score
You talk about legit yet after each one of those seasons they were a non playoff team. 2009 was a joke. Nothing legit about it when 2010 was a complete mess worse than the Campo years within 3 seasons of Parcells leaving.
Ya 9 pro bowlers 2 first team all pros but ya they had no chance. You guys crack me up they just got outplayed by minnesota Romo coughed it up 3 times Edwards had a field day. and this was a week after schooling Philly. They just didnt show up to play. Every year is different and 2010 Romo got hurt and the roster wasnt the same but they were 1-5 with romo so it wasnt going well. Im done going back and forth with you though cause we arent gonna agree on this topic.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I never, repeat NEVER, play badminton against wise people.
In my junior year of high school my p.e. class somehow got bit by the badminton bug. We were treating it like pro wrestling with trash talk and cutting promos before matches. It was a great time and got me started playing badminton as a hobby for several years.