Tony will be here even more when he's gone

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
russell.gif

T-RO

Reaction score
Beyond the dramatized 'trauma' of millionaires and billionaires...and the brawls breaking out in bars and at games :rolleyes: ...I think its entertaining to watch how this unfolds.

I'll enjoy the Cowboys and also enjoy watching Tony play again.

erod

Reaction score
Looks like a bidding war had broken out between Houston and Denver.

That could make this infinitely better to digest.

Angus

Reaction score
So you are saying, "Yellow Jacket" Witten, future Hof'er isn't better than Romo. Romo isn't Hof material, you are just Romo-worshiper.

I guess I am, too. Romo is the best quarterback the Cowboys ever had. I've seen and rooted for them all. I mean ALL. Have you? The teams he played on were not equal to the tasks like those of the Staubach and Aikman eras were, but that was the fault of Jerry Jones, not Romo. Those other great quarterbacks didn't have to carry the teams on their backs as Romo has had to do. except in 2014 when he should have been named the NFL's MVP. For your information, he leads all Cowboys quarterbacks in relevant statistics and is at the top or near it for the entire history of the league. He has no Super Bowl trophies, but has been better than those who do. I hope Dak does well and, if possible, surpasses Romo, but until he does, Tony Romo is the best quarterback the Cowboys ever had, in my opinion, bar none.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess I am, too. Romo is the best quarterback the Cowboys ever had. I've seen and rooted for them all. I mean ALL. Have you? The teams he played on were not equal to the tasks like those of the Staubach and Aikman eras were, but that was the fault of Jerry Jones, not Romo. Those other great quarterbacks didn't have to carry the teams on their backs as Romo has had to do. except in 2014 when he should have been named the NFL's MVP. For your information, he leads all Cowboys quarterbacks in relevant statistics and is at the top or near it for the entire history of the league. He has no Super Bowl trophies, but has been better than those who do. I hope Dak does well and, if possible, surpasses Romo, but until he does, Tony Romo is the best quarterback the Cowboys ever had, in my opinion, bar none.
HoF'ers Staubach and Aikman versus no bling Romo? Are you kidding me?

khiladi

Reaction score
With Romo out there, it would be even worse. But some people will try to blind themselves to it and see only a pass with more zip on it.

You mean like when Dak was chucking floaters into the air against the Eagles into coverage when Zeke wasn't playing, but Romo moved the ball to the end zone in a matter of seconds with more zip on it, with 'bad back' and all?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like when Dak was chucking floaters into the air against the Eagles into coverage when Zeke wasn't playing, but Romo moved the ball to the end zone in a matter of seconds with more zip on it, with 'bad back' and all?

For one series? Yay?

khiladi

Reaction score
For one series? Yay?

Dak played more than one series that game and looked awful.. Romo was light years better and the Philly defense clearly respected him than Dak more when Zeke was out..

And the biggest cheerleaders of Dak were crying every time Linehan didn't feed the ball to Zeke.. because the offense stalled..

khiladi

Reaction score
You guys act as if Dak would be successful with Garrett calling the plays and no running game.. give me a break.. they more than doubled the amount of play-action in Dak's first year than Romo's best year ever, which 'ironically' was with Linehan and his MVP season..

the passing game was built off the threat of Zeke last year...

Dak isn't even close to Romo..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played more than one series that game and looked awful.. Romo was light years better and the Philly defense clearly respected him than Dak more when Zeke was out..

And the biggest cheerleaders of Dak were crying every time Linehan didn't feed the ball to Zeke.. because the offense stalled..

I'm not going to bash either guy.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Tony hasn't been a part of this team for 2 seasons now. It's more than time to move on. If he was here next year it would probably be more of the same.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No, it's time to move on, period. Tony isn't going to be on the team anymore, regardless of how next season plays out.

It wasn't a statement about it being the right time for fans to move on, it was about whether or not it was the right time for the team to do so. In other words, it was a question about whether or not it was the best choice to release/trade Romo at this point in time. That is not something that is a "period." The future could very well show that it was the wrong time for the team to make the move. Only the future will tell.

khiladi

Reaction score
Every rational team goes into the season thinking Super Bowl THAT year.. if Dak hits a slump and Romo performs, it was a bad decision to not keep Romo.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Best thing about this post (besides being accurate) is it remembers a time in Cowboys history that many posters at CZ don't have frame reference for because of their age. Thank you.
Appreciate that my man! Indeed!

Although I slightly mis-wrote that the team had already been to a SB by then...NFL championships, yes...SB would come a year later...but it's clear that THOSE teams were head and shoulders better than anything we have on the field today...particularly on defense where it's not even in the same thought let alone conversation.

Last edited: