Too high or Too Low: Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If my opinion means nothing to you then prove it by ignoring it when I post it, ya know, like I usually do to you.
The defensive behavior is also a sign that you do, in fact, care about my opinions. You wrote out all of that just to try and convince everyone and yourself that you don't care. :lmao::lmao:

You're def. obsessed. Nobody likes a fibber.
wait...you said my opinion means nothing. then why do you respond to my posts? just ignore it?
see how it works...you can't do it, yet you ask somebody else to do it.

I just like to prod you on..its so easy...you are a highly emotional person, who so hard wants to be accepted and respected and that's why you even contradict yourself and like a child when they get caught in a lie, spins and spins until he finds a narrative to support his view (size of a pin hole).

like I have said before, you amuse me during this boring times....like the court jester as the saying goes...soon you will be ignored and you will beg for attention by acting like a troll as you have been.

so don't respond....resist the urge...you have responded to every post I have...you can't help yourself

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hey i told you when you first said Brady was the best that there could be no argument against that, but by your standards how would you take cousins or watson over Dak? Your using the Ricky Bobby method of ranking and thats fine just stay constant with it.
I'd take Watson over both of them if there was no legal issues there. Watson is head and shoulders more skilled then bother Cousins and Dak.

I'd even take Dak over Cousins because of age, but that doesn't mean Dak is better right now(I have Cosuins 10th and Dak 11th), but that only means that I'd want the more long term option.

Dak could easily pass Cousins up with a good season this year, but he has to do it first. We know Cousins is going to give you somewhere around 4,200 yards, 30 TDs, and 10 INS because he basically does that every year. Let's see if Dak does that for us.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wait...you said my opinion means nothing. then why do you respond to my posts? just ignore it?
see how it works...you can't do it, yet you ask somebody else to do it.

I just like to prod you on..its so easy...you are a highly emotional person, who so hard wants to be accepted and respected and that's why you even contradict yourself and like a child when they get caught in a lie, spins and spins until he finds a narrative to support his view (size of a pin hole).

like I have said before, you amuse me during this boring times....like the court clown as the saying goes...soon you will be ignored and you will beg for attention by acting like a troll as you have been.

so don't respond....resist the urge...you have responded to every post I have...you can't help yourself
Another wordy post trying to convince yourself and everyone else that you don't care about my opinions :lmao::lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Another wordy post trying to convince yourself and everyone else that you don't care about my opinions :lmao::lmao:
see you just can't help yourself...you responded..... admit it you like me. you want me to respond....it gives you a reason to respond and be heard...

another couple of weeks and you will easily be ignored....go on, spin away

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Marino because his career isn't over yet and there's still a better chance to win with him than there is Dilfer. You try and twist things and act like when I say I'd take Dilfer and his ring any day over Marino and his stats that means I think Dilfer is the better QB. Again, I dunno why I have to keep saying this, MARINO IS MORE SKILLED, BUT DILFER HAS WHAT MATTERS IN THE END.

If we're talking careers over then give me Dilfer and that ranggggg and you can have Marino and the pretty numbers (we know that's all that matters to ya).
I am not twisting anything...you so hard want to prove that and you have failed so miserably at it....I think its just your mindset. unlike you I don't have an agenda nor an ego. both of which you have displayed clearly.
I had even agreed with you that if its all said and done, when its all said and done. I take a superbowl win over a HOF career of the QB....I couldn't agree a 100% more.

but the point is...you don't know what will happen in the future, you can only project and you just very simply projected that Marino is better than Dilfer to give you a chance.....and what if when its all said and done, and Dilfer wins another superbowl (riding the coat tails of others) and Marino doesn't.....does it mean your projection was wrong? clearly, without a doubt Marino is the better QB...you take the better player every time, because it gives you a chance to reach your goal.

and thus, we are here with our choice with Dak, since no other option really gives us the best chance to win. none that can be proven until after the fact. if there are better options, that would guarantee it, I would take it...if you guarantee that Dalton will win a championship for us, I take Dalton in a heart beat...

I take championships over stats, 8 days a week. but you have been so focused on your needle hole agenda that you can't see straight.....your ego and penchant to be accepted and respected is clouding your views

garyo1954

Reaction score
Comparing QB's is flawed because we cannot make the proper comparisons unless they play in identical offenses.

The most underrated part of the QB is his match to the offense he is supposed to manage.

Did you watch TB early on in the season? Did you see a Brady looking very uncomfortable and trying to do too much, the bane of most QB's? Brady didn't get better as the season went on, the team did around him and allowed him to be what he is, the greatest game manager in NFL history. He was allowed to "do his job".

Why is Lamar Jackson even considered in the top 10? Because they changed the offense to suit him, to help him better manage the offense.

Why do Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring each and why didn't Manning win more with Indy? Rodgers is the most accurate QB I have ever seen throw a pass and Manning the best pre read QB I have seen play and Brady the best at getting the most involvement of the most weapons and therefore, the best game manager of all time.

What kind of QB was Aikman? The ultimate game manager and Norv Turner taught him to do that. He knew his job, get the ball into the hands of the weapons. His game declined when the weapons declined.

It is still too early to write the script on the NFL career of Dak Prescott. But to even compare him to Staubach and Aikman, QB's surrounded by HOF talent on both sides of the ball and superior coaching isn't fair.

Anymore than it is to Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen or Jackson. We do have a couple of excellent opportunities to see this match the QB to the offense in CAR and LAR this season. I believe Stafford cracks that top 5, maybe 3, this season just because of better coaching and talent around him.

Give Prescott a better defense and lets see what he can do.

Well said. You went a great distance further than I would have to show your point. And it was worth the trip!
Comparing players by stats is flawed since teams don't play the same schedule.
They face different situations during games and the season which often cause a change of plan.
And they face better/worse defenses which skew stats.

Football is not like Mickey Mantle facing Sandy Koufax.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
my rankings if I had a choice to pick one to start a team today...

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Dak
7. Watson
8. Jackson
9. Stafford
10. Herbert
11. Murray
12. Tannehill
13. Ryan
14. Burrow
15. Goff
16. Mayfield
17. Roth
18. Wentz
19. Cousins
20. Carr

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry is paying him $40 million a year. Doesn't that mean he is in the top 10?

DFWJC

Reaction score
cousins is not that good....he is Garrett. he snatches defeat from jaws of victory regularly and folds in the big moments....he has not, does not perform well under pressure.
I don't really want to argue for Cousins, but besides your eye test how would you know he doesn't perform well under pressure.
He has a better 4th quarter QB rating and more 4th quarter comebacks.....
Honest question.
Is it just your feeling or perception that this is true? Again, I get the feeling but wondering what it is based on. Just your feelings?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't really want to argue for Cousins, but besides your eye test how would you know he doesn't perform well under pressure.
He has a better 4th quarter QB rating and more 4th quarter comebacks.....
Honest question.
Is it just your feeling or perception that this is true? Again, I get the feeling but wondering what it is based on. Just your feelings?
Carr has had more comeback victories than Herbert...does it mean carr is better? ..he has been in the league much longer, so we have to "try" to compare apples to apples.... the stat lines are very close. Dak has had 9 in 4.5 years. cousins has had 11 in 9. Dak has had 15 game winning drives, cousins 16......suffice it to say, give Dak another 4 years and he will be better than him.

he is just not that good. he has to have everything perfect around him and he still underwhelms. he has benefit of a great top 5 defense in minn. a great coach. great players and great OL, great RB and in three years he is 1-1 in the playoffs. missed playoffs twice. the issue with him in washington was he chokes in big moments, plays small in big games against better opponents and plays big against underman teams.....

he just is not inspiring in anyway.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Carr has had more comeback victories than Herbert...does it mean carr is better? ..he has been in the league much longer, so we have to "try" to compare apples to apples.... the stat lines are very close. Dak has had 9 in 4.5 years. cousins has had 11 in 9. Dak has had 15 game winning drives, cousins 16......suffice it to say, give Dak another 4 years and he will be better than him.

he is just not that good. he has to have everything perfect around him and he still underwhelms. he has benefit of a great top 5 defense in minn. a great coach. great players and great OL, great RB and in three years he is 1-1 in the playoffs. missed playoffs twice. the issue with him in washington was he chokes in big moments, plays small in big games against better opponents and plays big against underman teams.....

he just is not inspiring in anyway.
Good point on the 4th qtr comebacks....Dak is actually a higher rate (1 every 7.7 starts vs 1 every 9.5 starts)

By the way.....just a side note here......The "game-winning drive stat" is misleading because they will call a go ahead drive in the 2nd quarter a game-winning drive if the team maintains the lead....which is a joke.
Now 4th quarter game-winning drives....which is the same as 4th quarter comeback wins?....now that shows something.

I think if you look up their stats, almost everything is very similar---QB rating, TD-ints, 4th qtr rating, completion %, YPA, etc.
You'll find Kirk and Dak to have very little difference...at least stats-wise (and even on a per-game basis)

But I'm fine if you or anyone thinks otherwise based on how you watch the game, etc.
We all have our preferences and biases.
I think I'd prefer Dak too at this stage...but it's not by an overwhelming margin

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think everyone misses that point for sure....the QB job is to get the ball to playmakers, hand offs, screens, downfield. I'll stand by the fact no QB ever lifted a bad team to anything, I have seen great teams haul a JAG QB to a title though.
Did you watch Dog Flutie play?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak fans will be happy with that since they only care about his personal stats. Winning isn't a priority as long as Dak can pile up his stats.

For some reason that provides more chest pounding than an NFC championship or a super bowl.

I am not a “Dak fan” nor am I a “Dak hater”. I loved the Cowboys long before Dak and will love them long after he has retired. I want the franchise to be successful and hope they can put it together, but I have my doubts.

However, I will offer this observation after witnessing millions of pointless Dak debates:

even if Dallas were to win a SB, Dak would get zero credit from his critics. No matter what his stats would be, the narrative would be Dak only won because of the weapons around him.

When Dak had average stats in 2016 but went 13-3, the narrative was “he sucks! No stats!”. Then when we lose but he has gaudy stats the narrative is “team game! Need wins not stats!”

Now even if he wins AND has gaudy stats, the narrative will be “offense is loaded, ANYONE can win with this talent”.

I don’t see anyway a true Dak hater ever crosses over to support him no matter how he performs at this point.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I wish.
Brady’s the GOAT but his time has passed finally. Rogers is an *** and players don’t want to play for him. Wilson is awesome as well but has got some locker room issues. Mahomes is certainly #1 but even he has some issues. He’s played pretty bad in both SB’s.

So you rank QB's based on how other players feel about playing with them and not their on the field ability? Holy hell talk about the feelings police......thank you for showing everyone that you place emotions ahead of statistics when analyzing players and explains a lot in terms of your reactions.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let you know in December
.either #1 or #100 the jury is out

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Comparing QB's is flawed because we cannot make the proper comparisons unless they play in identical offenses.

The most underrated part of the QB is his match to the offense he is supposed to manage.

Did you watch TB early on in the season? Did you see a Brady looking very uncomfortable and trying to do too much, the bane of most QB's? Brady didn't get better as the season went on, the team did around him and allowed him to be what he is, the greatest game manager in NFL history. He was allowed to "do his job".

Why is Lamar Jackson even considered in the top 10? Because they changed the offense to suit him, to help him better manage the offense.

Why do Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring each and why didn't Manning win more with Indy? Rodgers is the most accurate QB I have ever seen throw a pass and Manning the best pre read QB I have seen play and Brady the best at getting the most involvement of the most weapons and therefore, the best game manager of all time.

What kind of QB was Aikman? The ultimate game manager and Norv Turner taught him to do that. He knew his job, get the ball into the hands of the weapons. His game declined when the weapons declined.

It is still too early to write the script on the NFL career of Dak Prescott. But to even compare him to Staubach and Aikman, QB's surrounded by HOF talent on both sides of the ball and superior coaching isn't fair.

Anymore than it is to Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen or Jackson. We do have a couple of excellent opportunities to see this match the QB to the offense in CAR and LAR this season. I believe Stafford cracks that top 5, maybe 3, this season just because of better coaching and talent around him.

Give Prescott a better defense and lets see what he can do.

:hammer::clap::clap::clap:this is why it's hilarious to see some saying Daks need elite talent around him to win.
I challenge any fan to name a HOF or Super Bowl QB that didn't have at least great coaching, great WR and/or RB OR great defense. There is ONE name that's close IMO .......Dan Marion and even with him you can make a case of Shula. But from Elway, Montana, Aikman, Staubach to Brady, Roger, Wilson and even Maholmes. My point is some posters seem to suggest Mahomes doesn't a coach or 10 other players to win and no I'm not saying Dak is as good. Just suggesting many factors impact's EVERY QB level of success.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am not a “Dak fan” nor am I a “Dak hater”. I loved the Cowboys long before Dak and will love them long after he has retired. I want the franchise to be successful and hope they can put it together, but I have my doubts.

However, I will offer this observation after witnessing millions of pointless Dak debates:

even if Dallas were to win a SB, Dak would get zero credit from his critics. No matter what his stats would be, the narrative would be Dak only won because of the weapons around him.

When Dak had average stats in 2016 but went 13-3, the narrative was “he sucks! No stats!”. Then when we lose but he has gaudy stats the narrative is “team game! Need wins not stats!”

Now even if he wins AND has gaudy stats, the narrative will be “offense is loaded, ANYONE can win with this talent”.

I don’t see anyway a true Dak hater ever crosses over to support him no matter how he performs at this point.

:hammer::clap:Yep......100%, no way in hell they're giving him due credit w/o a min two Super Bowls. For me, this is why it's a wasted time arguing with them.