Top 10 offensive lines

blindzebra

Reaction score
Oh I know you've come into every Dak thread and acted like our criticisms of his poor accuracy and reads were unfounded. Now that there is an OP showing dozens of poor reads and throws you are resorting to this tactic.

Your question is not an argument and it's premise that you want assumed completely misses the point. The better question would be show where you have ever been critical of Dak. That is the entire point of your bias. While I am sure you have some cognitive dissonance your never going to give any credence to any criticism.

In the meantime, Dak struggles to throw accurate passes outside past the flat and downfield. He often makes throws with either poor reads or not looking at all which results in his throwing into coverage. His mechanics are inconsistent and he abandons them completely when pressured throwing off one, foot, leaning this way and that, and with funkyarm angles.

He is not a lost cause. He was not inaccurate in the middle of the field his rookie season. He is well built and has a strong arm. If he can get back to his fundamentals he could regain his 2016 form.

As for your claims of repeating things, I have to say that is tremendously obtuse to the video in the OP which shows not tells what we have been saying. The only one repeating things ad nauseum is you.
LOL, I rarely even come into the Dak threads because I know full well the amount of ignorant content I will encounter. There is no question that the receivers played worse than 2016, Zeke played worse, plus the will he or won't he get suspended that hung over the team, and the OL was far, far below the play of the 2016 OL, and all of those things contributed to Dak playing worse. He put together a remarkable first 24 games, and then the wheels came off after he got the crap beat out of him against Atlanta, and if you can't see that, nor the amount of posters that shake it off as excuse making by the Dak slobberers, then you are living in la la land. I fully believe that all of this is just because of how you got owned this summer over the brace thing and you will resort to anything to try to get even.

Valorius

Reaction score
PFF stats are not always best to go by. Birds Oline was not as great as some make it out to be. Wentz made it look a lot better by being able to escape and move up in pocket . FOles was getting hit a lot as well even after they started using more RPO.

How many times was Foles sacked in the Playoffs? Once?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL, I rarely even come into the Dak threads because I know full well the amount of ignorant content I will encounter. There is no question that the receivers played worse than 2016, Zeke played worse, plus the will he or won't he get suspended that hung over the team, and the OL was far, far below the play of the 2016 OL, and all of those things contributed to Dak playing worse. He put together a remarkable first 24 games, and then the wheels came off after he got the crap beat out of him against Atlanta, and if you can't see that, nor the amount of posters that shake it off as excuse making by the Dak slobberers, then you are living in la la land. I fully believe that all of this is just because of how you got owned this summer over the brace thing and you will resort to anything to try to get even.

a) paragraphs are your friend.
b) Still no criticism of Dak. Instead you blame everyone but him just like I said. Your bias on display.
c) He had several bad games in the first 24. Giants and Eagles ring a bell? how about Denver? Once again your bias on display.
d) "if you don't buy my argument your crazy" is about as weak of an argument as their is.
e) this has nothing to do with the Jaylon thread and everything to do with your obvious bias as I have pointed out. Claiming interwebs victory is pretty pathetic.

Valorius

Reaction score
From the outside looking in, Dak just about completely imploded when Elliot got suspended.

That is not a good omen going forward.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Dak Prescott, is not guilty.
Dak is Innocent of all bogus charges. The O line was average when healthy, and terrible when 1 starter was out. The offensive coaching was average at times and pathetic at others. Dak will play at a high level next year if the O line improves and Garrett improves his basic predictable offfensive scheme/system. That is a huge if with Garrett though!!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Why does it have to be either or? Surely, Green crapping the bed against the Falcons threw Dak for a loop and is a mitigating circumstance. That is still no excuse for throwing into coverage and letting his mechanics go into the toilet.

The problem is when people either try to dumb things down to a single cause or bias out their pet cat from any cause whatsoever.

Did the receivers drop a lot of balls? Did the OL have issues with speed rushes, stunts, and the like in pass protection? Did Dak's mechanics regress and did he throw into coverage more often that the year before?

How about yes to all of that.
You are correct the offensive struggles were due to a variety of factors. Dak was the least of these factors. I am confident if the play around Dak improves( specifically the O line improves and T Will and Dez improve if he is still on the team) and the Offensive scheme/philosophy is improved( less predictable/basic passing scheme) then Dak will play similar to his rookie year.

blindzebra

Reaction score
a) paragraphs are your friend.
b) Still no criticism of Dak. Instead you blame everyone but him just like I said. Your bias on display.
c) He had several bad games in the first 24. Giants and Eagles ring a bell? how about Denver? Once again your bias on display.
d) "if you don't buy my argument your crazy" is about as weak of an argument as their is.
e) this has nothing to do with the Jaylon thread and everything to do with your obvious bias as I have pointed out. Claiming interwebs victory is pretty pathetic.
Yawn...same old crap.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Simplistically arrogant offensive scheme puts the offensive line, Dak, Zeke and Dez on an Island where they're set up to fail. I said it before and I'll say it again, when Jason Garrett said at halftime of this year's make or break game against Seattle, they're going to stick to their gameplan of 'wearing out the Seahawks defense', I knew it was time to move on. That said, I'd like to see us draft a RT and move Collins back to LG.
We really wore out Seatttle’s Defense! Until Garrett is gone we need All Pros at every position. Let’s hope for an all time great draft.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You dont need a top Oline to win ... Notice neither team in SuperBowl is on that list. A good QB , backfield and coaching can make up for a bad oline . Cowboys got lucky last year with so many changes which by the end of year DCs started to catch up too . Cowboys have talent but its not enough to always hide the defiances of the coaching. This year was perfect example when they refused to give help to Green .
I’m not trying to be rude, but did you watch the Super Bowl. Both of those O lines are out standing and Philly’s O line is dominant. You are correct though, our talent, is not good enough to overcome our coaching deficiencies.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Wow. We spent a lot of money and first rd picks in that Oline. Now, I hear it's no good?
What? Throw more picks and money at the problem? How many first rd picks do we need on the line?
Most teams make do with 1-2

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Our Oline graded out bad because for one we lost Leary secondly Tyron was out and not very healthy all year. Tyron is the big ? as to what needs to be done with the Oline . If he is 100% healthy it is much less of a problem . Anytime he is out we cant score and it is a disaster .

Along with that our coaching is so bad we have no choice but to bolster our Oline into top 5 status if we want tolerable football to watch . If we have an Oline capable of dominating like before where we get 5 ypc it takes the game out of Garretts useless hands . We eat the clock protect our QB , defense , coaching, and beat the teams we should along with some of the tougher teams .

Its all good till the playoffs when everybodys good and we get out coached but till then a dominant Oline is our ONLY option to protect our weaknesses that we cant eliminate no matter how much talent we acquire.

We don't have the coaching to out smart anyone so we have to be the best at the basics 5 yrds and a ball of dust . That means as frustrating as it is we have to invest in the Oline to a degree that better coached teams are not forced to do.
Great point our Offensive coaching sucks, so we have to dominate the line of scrimmmage with 1st round lineman. Sad, but pretty much true.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
IF our O line is healthy then we have pretty much the best O line in the NFL. Cooper while not great is certainly good enough and will get better as he learns to work with those on both sides. THAT would have gone better without the dumb Green to guard stupidity. Collins steadily got better and will probably reach pro bowl status or near it. Our other three starters are arguably top 3 at their positions in the NFL. IF we resign Cooper the only real hole is swing tackle.
Is Cooper healthy?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Our Offline stinks, Dez stinks, Witten stinks, Beasley stinks, Zeke is Fat, i mean common now how many excuses till we all admit who the real culprit is here.....look here below for the truth....Amen!!!

You hold this against him? Why the hate? Are you the same poster that complained after he threw aTD pass? This is pathetic.

Valorius

Reaction score
Just for Comparison, Eagles offensive line starters:

LT Big V: 5th Round
LG: Stefan Wisnewski 2nd Round
C: Jason Kelce 6th Round
RG: Brandon Brooks 3rd Round
RT: Lane Johnson 1st Round (4th overall)

It just takes good coaching and scouting, you don't need a line full of 1st rounders.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You hold this against him? Why the hate? Are you the same poster that complained after he threw aTD pass? This is pathetic.

Enough with the "Hate" and the "Romo" songs this isn't about either it's about having a inept QB who will end up destroying anything we have that is good to excuse his Terrible play at QB and set us back for more years of misery!

What's Pathetic is you insisting without any "doubts" that Dak is the man at QB and is the Franchise QB for us ....now that is Pathetic!!!!:(

Last edited: