Twitter: Top 10 QBs According To Players, Coaches, and Execs

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm talking about the play calling wanting to be pass heavy too much.

6 wins in 6 years with under 100 rushing yards when Dak is your QB.

You can blame the defense and stuff all you want, and I'm sure some of those are bad defensive games, but 6 total wins when you have under 100 rushing yards is indefensible as far as I'm concerned and us as Cowboys fans should expect better instead of looking for excuses for it.

Who is looking for excuses? Again all im saying is the rest of the league does not fair well in that stat either so once again its not really a "Gotcha" stat in this "Dak is great or Dak sucks" argument ..no one is suprised you lost a game when you didnt get 100 yards rushing on 13 carries because the other team had 28 points at halftime. How many of those loses (like the denver game) where low scoring events at halftime..that does in fact impact the running game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Who is looking for excuses? Again all im saying is the rest of the league does not fair well in that stat either so once again its not really a "Gotcha" stat in this "Dak is great or Dak sucks" argument ..no one is suprised you lost a game when you didnt get 100 yards rushing on 13 carries because the other team had 28 points at halftime. How many of those loses (like the denver game) where low scoring events at halftime..that does in fact impact the running game.
What also isnt taken into account is losing a game by 3 when your kicker shanks a chip shot....But hey. Daks fault lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What also isnt taken into account is losing a game by 3 when your kicker shanks a chip shot....But hey. Daks fault lol
None of the loses are Dak's fault alone. W/L is a team effort.

The more I look into this the more infuriated I get at our coaches and owner for allowing this team to be so pass heavy when the the evidence is right in their faces. If I can easily find it then they easily can too.

Run. The. Ball.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

The more I look into this the more infuriated I get at our coaches and owner for allowing this team to be so pass heavy when the the evidence is right in their faces. If I can easily find it then they easily can too.

Run. The. Ball.

Turnovers, penalties, broken coverage, missed plays between WR/QB....yeah coaching can for sure be on the list.....Its all of it and its really a micro of why its been 26 years and there is only 1 common piece in those years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Run. The. Ball.

Hopefully, beefing up the line with a strong guard (even if he's a rookie) and Elliott being healthy (along with Pollard's play) will get us back to that.

I like that McCarthy wants Dak to get back to running more as well because the bigger threat we make the run game, the better we'll be. That's one reason I hope we use Pollard in the slot a lot with Elliott in the backfield. That jet sweep threat keeps the defense from bailing into the passing lanes. And that might be even more important this year considering we don't know how good the receiving corps is going to be, especially if Gallup misses a lot of time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hopefully, beefing up the line with a strong guard (even if he's a rookie) and Elliott being healthy (along with Pollard's play) will get us back to that.

I like that McCarthy wants Dak to get back to running more as well because the bigger threat we make the run game, the better we'll be. That's one reason I hope we use Pollard in the slot a lot with Elliott in the backfield. That jet sweep threat keeps the defense from bailing into the passing lanes. And that might be even more important this year considering we don't know how good the receiving corps is going to be, especially if Gallup misses a lot of time.

Pollard getting touches while Zeke is in the game is NEEDED, seriously how many times did the second half of the season have a base nickle d pinching and stuffing our run game with ease. "Dont worry boys drop 7 in coverage and you 4 hit the 0-1 gaps and lets call it a day!"

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak is your QB that's especially true.

73 games last year were won by teams with at least 100 yards rushing.

11 of those 73 wins were by the Cowboys.

That means 15% of the those were by the Dak Prescott lead Dallas Cowboys.

The Dallas Cowboys, who account for 3% of the NFL, won 15% of the total games won last season where there was at least 100 rushing yards.

That means the other 97% of the NFL won the other 85% of those game combined. That would be an average of 2.7% distributed to each team or about 2 games each. I know, some had more and some had less, but I'm not looking it all up.

The Cowboys, as a team, won 100% of the games last season where they had at least 100 rushing yards. They won 6% of their games that didn't have 100 rushing yards (Thank you to Cooper Rush or it would be 0%).

That's not very encouraging.

You got to figure, if Garoppolo and Goff can get to SBs, so can Dak. You just have to put the team around him. The Cowboys will never be a consistent contender with Dak at QB. Like the Steelers, Saints, Rams, Patriots, and the Chiefs now. Not going to happen with Dak. The GM needs to surround him with talent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ummm. What I showed you was that the league as a whole loses games when they dont rush for 100 yards. What are you talking about? I think you live in a different world then us.

Do you watch stranger things? Are you messaging from the upside down?

Do you know how many games Rodgers, Brady, etc lost when they didnt have 100 yard rusher? LOL. Go look that info up.
that's irrelevant....we have to look at Dak stats in silo....(sarcasm fully intended) ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/in...coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-passers

From the article:
To preview the 2022 NFL season, we surveyed more than 50 league executives, coaches, scouts and players to help us stack the top 10 players at 11 different positions, from edge rusher to interior offensive lineman.
50? Let's round up to... just for the heck of it... 64.

There are 32 franchises. That would average 2 executives, coaches, scouts and players per team.

Jones is a league executive. Did he participate in the survey? McCarthy's a coach? Ditto for him too.

Wonder what their thoughts were if one or both were surveyed? How did they rank Prescott among his peers?

Too bad no one will ever know (double super secret survey!!!)

Perhaps Charlotte took the survey? She is a league executive too. Right? :popcorn:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

The Dallas Cowboys, who account for 3% of the NFL, won 15% of the total games won last season where there was at least 100 rushing yards.

That means the other 97% of the NFL won the other 85% of those game combined. That would be an average of 2.7% distributed to each team or about 2 games each. I know, some had more and some had less, but I'm not looking it all up.

The Cowboys, as a team, won 100% of the games last season where they had at least 100 rushing yards. They won 6% of their games that didn't have 100 rushing yards (Thank you to Cooper Rush or it would be 0%).

:huh:

I think you maybe mixing up your apples and oranges.... a quick search shows, there were 73 games where the rusher rushed for 100 yards...but as a team there was a lot more than that.. there was I believe 44 games in NFC east alone that ateam rushed for 100 yards. 15 by your philly alone.

so looking at stats in a silo is futile....GB was 9-2 as a team when they rushed for 100 yards. 4-3 when they didn't. Bills had 13 games rushing for oveer 100. they were 11-2 in those games. they were 0-4 when rushing less than 100. doesn't prove Allen is not a good QB

if you use the 73 number above. then zeke had two 100 yard rushing games.

the rest of your math word salad is meaningless. I think you are struggling with that part a bit.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

Run. The. Ball.

Really? 2 of the 3 years Dak passed over 500 times the team was in the playoffs . 1 of which they one.

Really? Seems like tou would feel the same about your boy Herbert.

So let's see.

Herbert in 2020

Att 595 comp 396 comp% 66 6 yards 4336 td 31 int 10 rate 98.3 qbr 62 6

Dak 2019 when he pass a lot

Comp 388 att 596 comp% 65.1 yards 4902 TD 30 int 5 rate 99.7 qbr 71.9

Dak 2021
Comp 410 ATT 596 comp% 68.8 yards 4449 TD 37 int 10 rate 104.2 qbr 54.6

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah. Herbert is better than Dak. I'd trade Dak for Herbert right now without even blinking and making sure the league office stamps that trade immediately before the Chargers realized what a bad deal they just made.

Russell Wilson is better too. Watson and Stafford? I guess you could make that a debate but Stafford is a SB winning QB.
I’d trade a few guys for Dak including Herbert. Hell I’d trade Aaron Rodgers for Herbert. I’d trade Brady for him too. I don’t rank guys based on who I’d trade them for lol. Herbert for me personally is not better than Dak when he’s yet to be in the post season. May change this year who knows.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:huh:

I think you maybe mixing up your apples and oranges.... a quick search shows, there were 73 games where the rusher rushed for 100 yards...but as a team there was a lot more than that..

if you use the 73 number above. then zeke had two 100 yard rushing games.

the rest of your math word salad is meaningless. I think you are struggling with that part a bit.
You gotta watch him man he will try and manipulate stats lol.

Nav22

Reaction score

LOLLLLL

No.... those 73 games featured a 100-yard rusher... not 100 rush yards as a TEAM.

So you don’t know football AND you’re a flat-out liar? Or are you just not bright enough to grasp the difference between a 100-yard rusher and 100 rush yards as a team?

Laughingstock. Keep ‘em coming.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
You gotta watch him man he will try and manipulate stats lol.
According to @MountaineerCowboy , only 73 of the 271 total wins in the NFL last season featured a team that rushed for 100 yards.

Seriously.

Just point and laugh. He’s the CZ resident jokester. I get his schtick now... he pretends to know football.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

starfan1

Reaction score
The win percentage is over 75 percent when a team rushes for 100 yards plus.

Yet Dak is the only guy who apparently doesnt win when his team doesnt. LOL.
ya the Pats 51-1 from 2000-2019 thats a more than 75%. He is just cherry picking a Dak stat he does that. Heck i do it sometimes to help my arguments as well.