Top 3 Most Meddlesome Owners (Per Jay Glazer)

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry was horrendous befor Bill got there and then horrendous once again the second he left. Pretty amazing that some rather rip the coach who was able to salvage a complete disaster, but not hold Jerry accountable for the worst management you can dream possible. Anyone crapping on Parcells while still building up this clown weren’t paying attention.
How did you like Bum Bright?

RonWashington

Reaction score
that was bill's intentions but i don't remember any TEAM made him a GM or football operations anywhere else... neither was jimmy, SO why were neither one of these guys in more important roles after they left? both retired shortly after without the success they had with their former glory teams with their owners and GMs being a part of it...

i find it ironic that you all built them up up to be much greater by themselves with Jerry then they actually were.. none of them were hired to do anything bigger than being a hc or had a return to their former glory..

OH the Irony

blame jerry LMAO.

I don’t remember either Jimmy or Parcells as GM’s anywhere .

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t remember either Jimmy or Parcells as GM’s anywhere .
TY! LOL i know tis was being sarcastic as Jerrys being blamed fir their leaving as if they didnt any better after. Its just the hate on jerry responses but that an opinion...

my perspective is more of relaity,.they want to be more but truly never seen as that, they bth were good with their original teams and original Gm/owners being responsible for the good and bad right alongside them.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Few thoughts on this:
  • Maybe I’m wrong but I think all three of these guys are just owners? So it’s hard to compare them to Jerry because Jerry is the GM. Haslam sounds as bad as Dan Snyder. Turning over the gameplan each Friday night? Sheesh. Jerry would never force his coach to do something like that. He’s a people person, and he played college ball, so he has a leg up on these Ivy League suits guys who want to run their team like an Amazon,
  • Jerry made a lot of bad decisions early on, but it’s hard to say the team doesn’t run fairly smooth now. It’s a different dynamic since he’s the owner and the GM. Don’t get me wrong, it can still cause a lot of problems. I think the power balance is unnatural, which is what led to some of these stupid draft picks and trades we made early in his career. Players and coaches feel like they can go to the GM for anything that upsets them and this undermines the coaches. So it has its own set of problems. I think if I had to,accept one or the other, I’d probably go the GM/Owner merge over a meddlesome Owner operation. Have yet to see an NFL Team that can recover from that. Washington has been horrible for a long time.
Yep, to take it a little bit further. Dallas has not won a Super Bowl since 1995, which is obviously the measuring stick. But Dallas has pretty consistently been in the playoff hunt year after year. This despite the fact that Jerry doesn't pursue big name free agents and outspend every other team in the league like he used to. He has changed with the times. Only 8 seasons in the last 28 since the last Super Bowl have been losing seasons, and even as bad as the three Campo years were we haven't had one of those 1,2,or 3 win seasons that give you a chance to draft a sure fire franchise QB since the first year he was here. As the GM, it is a unique position within the league, hard to compare with owners that have GM's and coaches they run over consistently. Jerry Jones the owner has been more than fair IMO to all the coaches that have been here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bill Parcells:

refer to caption
Parcells as the head coach of Air Force in 1978 (he replaced my head coach Ben Martin)

On December 19, 2007, the Miami Herald reported that Parcells had agreed to become the new executive vice president of football operations of the Miami Dolphins.[38] ESPN reported the following day that he signed a four-year contract.[39] Just a day prior, reports linking Parcells to the Atlanta Falcons' position of vice president of football operations were leaked.[40] However, the following day the Falcons formally announced that Parcells had turned down the offer because of discussions with Miami.[41]

In the first season as executive vice president of football operations, Parcells fired head coach Cam Cameron, general manager Randy Mueller, along with a few assistant coaches, after a 1–15 finish in the 2007 season. With vacancies at the general manager and head coaching spots, he brought in Jeff Ireland to be the general manager and signed Tony Sparano as head coach.

The Dolphins finished the 2008 season 11–5 and became AFC East champions when Pennington and the Dolphins defeated Favre and the Jets in the final game of the season.[43] They finished with a 10-game improvement from the previous season, making the Dolphins one of two teams in NFL history to accomplish a 10-game turnaround, the other being the 1999 Indianapolis Colts. It was also the first time since 2001 that the Dolphins made the playoffs. However, they were routed in the first round by the Baltimore Ravens, 27–9.

Parcells left the Dolphins in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Parcells

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
On a recent episode of the Dan Lebatard Show, Jay Glazer revealed whom he believed to be the most meddlesome owners in the NFL.

3. Woody Johnson (Jets)

2. Jimmy Haslem (Browns)

1. David Tepper (Panthers)

Most of us believe that Jerry Jones is at least somewhat meddlesome. Perhaps it could be a lot worse. Glazer also stated that it was clearly Dan Snyder at #1 when he was in the league and scoffed at the idea of Jerry Jones being in the top 3.
Tapper for sure and not only is he the worst, he had less of a clue than any owner in the nfl

conner01

Reaction score
It's not as if Jerry has remained static in his role as GM. He has learned over time, and become better. Jerry is clearly in the top half of NFL GMs - as a GM.
I think over time he’s got a bit more humble and listens to our under cover GM much more. His ego still wants the credit but no doubt who he is getting his cue from

rambo2

Reaction score
I think over time he’s got a bit more humble and listens to our under cover GM much more. His ego still wants the credit but no doubt who he is getting his cue from
The management works as a team.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Jerry was horrendous befor Bill got there and then horrendous once again the second he left. Pretty amazing that some rather rip the coach who was able to salvage a complete disaster, but not hold Jerry accountable for the worst management you can dream possible. Anyone crapping on Parcells while still building up this clown weren’t paying attention.
Bobby Capenter, Julius Jones instead of Stepen Jackson and all those washed up ex-Jets say Thanks Bill!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The owner provides opportunity. If a group achievement needs sole possesion of credit...the person making this call is full of crap.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Bobby Capenter, Julius Jones instead of Stepen Jackson and all those washed up ex-Jets say Thanks Bill!!
Don't forget Bill wanted Marcus Spears before DeMarcus Ware. Thankfully Dallas had two first round picks in 2005 and convinced Parcells Spears would be there for the second one.

rambo2

Reaction score
What are you 90?? You and maybe 1 other person know who the hell your talking about. Bill deserves some blame as well. What part of my post was not facts??? Instead of calling me a b.. and then posting something from the 17th century, try to bring a reference that was not from a black and white tv.
A lot of people know of Audie Murphy. A World War 2 hero and movie star from Texas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A lot of people know of Audie Murphy. A World War 2 hero and movie star from Texas.
He served in the 3rd ID and on 7 deployment campaigns. I served with the 3rd ID during the Somalian deployment...
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Just ask him if he has a Home Depot app...he'll shortly need to start building something. :starspin:

Big_D

Reaction score
Beats the annual 5-11. It takes a lot more than just those 3 days in April. Preparation, culture, scheme, coaching, building a foundation and holding a team accountable. None of that existed before he got here. And the team was light years better and ready to actually compete by the time he left until Jerry once again ran it into the ground in record time! I’m sure you don’t forget to thank Jerry for the countless draft misses on top of every other ridiculous decision.. cause it’s a mighty long list.

Big_D

Reaction score
Don't forget Bill wanted Marcus Spears before DeMarcus Ware. Thankfully Dallas had two first round picks in 2005 and convinced Parcells Spears would be there for the second one.
Jerry had Ware, Romo, Witten in their prime, after Parcells left. You tell me what he did with that? Absolutely nothing. Poor decisions, poor drafts, terrible coaches and you’re going to credit him for that one move when he did nothing but drop the ball afterwards? Pretty comical stuff.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Jerry had Ware, Romo, Witten in their prime, after Parcells left. You tell me what he did with that? Absolutely nothing. Poor decisions, poor drafts, terrible coaches and you’re going to credit him for that one move when he did nothing but drop the ball afterwards? Pretty comical stuff.
Not crediting Jerry or discrediting anyone. Just pointing out that Parcells, like every other coach or GM, had his share of misses as well. Meant nothing else by it.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not crediting Jerry or discrediting anyone. Just pointing out that Parcells, like every other coach or GM, had his share of misses as well. Meant nothing else by it.
Sorry didn’t mean to get irate. lol Whenever Ware is brought up, the insinuation is that Jerry somehow saved the day. Got himself a war daddy! Parcells wanted a big DT and gets ripped apart for it. Spears didn’t pan out as expected but it certainly beats ignoring the position altogether. Everyone has misses, it’s the nature of it. Ware was the correct choice and they still did nothing with that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Bill left us a SB contending team and Jerry blew it by hiring Wade Phillips as HC. 2007 the most disappointing Cowboy team I can remember.