Top 3 Most Meddlesome Owners (Per Jay Glazer)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson said that Jerry is not what people say he is that interferes with onfield activities. He said while he was there it was Bill Purcells that was in complete control.
Well of course. It was Bill Parcells. That was the only reason he agreed to coach the Cowboys. Nobody else had that sort of power but Jimmy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Well of course. It was Bill Parcells. That was the only reason he agreed to coach the Cowboys. Nobody else had that sort of power but Jimmy.
Pretty sure though the TO signing was without Parcells blessing. But Jerry is the GM, so he has the right to do that.

He's in a weird position in that he owns the team too. Most GMs/Coaches are sympatico, and usually seems like head coach is the bigger figure head.

But Parcells did a lot of moves for the roster that felt like pure Tuna moves. The 3-4 draft, all the Parcells veterans, TE and OL draft picks, etc...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keyshawn Johnson said that Jerry is not what people say he is that interferes with onfield activities. He said while he was there it was Bill Purcells that was in complete control.
Right. Bill said they had a great working relationship. No player or former coach has ever said Jerry was meddlesome. Even Jimmy recently said they had a great working relationship. And were always on the same page about everything.
This will never go away though.

lol, no one but a liar has to hide from truth...
So who is lying? I only see the truth in in what Keyshawn said.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right. Bill said they had a great working relationship. No player or former coach has ever said Jerry was meddlesome. Even Jimmy recently said they had a great working relationship. And were always on the same page about everything.
This will never go away though.

So who is lying? I only see the truth in in what Keyshawn said.
Get into the conversation or figure it out. I was referring to a poster's tendency to not base comments on facts...and implied was a generalized negative stance by someone reading that and going again negative.

I'm not going to spend all wakening hours minutely breaking down detailed explanation to defend all misunderstanding potentials. Not going to happen.

As to often stated 28 years, the Cowboys play Philadelphia Sunday. This affects that dual...

As cliché as it is to boil a heated rivalry game with so much on the line between the Cowboys and Eagles down to which team plays better up front, this is where the matchups to watch will be. This will be the 20th straight season the Cowboys and Eagles have met on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, and since Prescott took over as the Cowboys starter the lowest point total between these teams in primetime has been 46 in a 37-9 win for the Carson Wentz-led Eagles in 2017.

This also has nothing to do with a comment about Jerry contacting shingles because he's Senior owner...as to relevancy and giving a comparative non-application of a fact. Jerry and past has nothing to do with limiting today's team. That is fact. Keyshawn has nothing to do with today's team...just for facts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All owners are meddlesome. Jerry is just the one that has the most spotlight because his strength is getting media attention to his team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Pretty sure though the TO signing was without Parcells blessing. But Jerry is the GM, so he has the right to do that.

He's in a weird position in that he owns the team too. Most GMs/Coaches are sympatico, and usually seems like head coach is the bigger figure head.

But Parcells did a lot of moves for the roster that felt like pure Tuna moves. The 3-4 draft, all the Parcells veterans, TE and OL draft picks, etc...
And that's why Parcells left. As soon as T.O. came I knew it was Bill's last year.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jerry is in charge of the “jocks and the socks” … not sure what Jay Glazer is smoking . :huh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
And that's why Parcells left. As soon as T.O. came I knew it was Bill's last year.
I don't care what the history is bill Parcells is a quitter he never stayed around very long to any team he's ever been on he had aspirations to be a GM only he wasn't gonna get that here that's why he left Terrell Owens was a great addition to this team and he was cut a year too early in my opinion the court of public opinion doesn't matter when you make a decision on a player like that it's kind of like when they brought Trey Lance in this year he had to do it at the moments notice didn't get a lot of input from his coaches he made the decision and that's what GM's do..

Jerry Jones did not bring in Terrell Owens or Trey Lance or anybody else without consulting his coaches with any ill will or ego he did it because he felt it could improve the team and he did it he pulled the trigger bill Parcells was leaving anyway just like Jimmy Johnson that whole thing about Oh my God we could have won five more Super Bowls no Jimmy Johnson doesn't stay around very long and I guarantee you as his team dried up got older got banged up they probably would have won one more Super Bowl just like they did and he was going to lead anyway he would have left by 1990 seven or 1998 anyway regardless of what would have happened all this nonsense just to bring negativity to Jones without real context and real proof you can tell me that bill Parcells would have left because of the TO trade or that he would have left anyway in my opinion but you have no proof that's your opinion...
Oh how the narratives rumors rhetoric and hyperbole just build over the years to people think that they are right you're not right that is your opinion bill Parcells was a higher quick turn around make this team better and he was going to leave sooner than later I don't think the trade had anything to do with it at all in my opinion he's a coward he's a quitter and the fact is I believe he didn't tell anybody on purpose and Sean Peyton would have stayed had he known he would have been a successor Bill torpedoed this team on his way out on purpose and because he's a New York giant he was always a hated rival, I hate the dude and I don't appreciate a damn thing he did here... His ego is every big as jerrys and you know it...

CCBoy

Reaction score
You don't know a thing. Parcells was so intensive day by day...he was worn out as a person and needed some rest. He publicly stated so.

Quit a rewrite of truth...for your own amusement.

Just go on and join the Regulators.
Mount up, Regulators...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don't care what the history is bill Parcells is a quitter he never stayed around very long to any team he's ever been on he had aspirations to be a GM only he wasn't gonna get that here that's why he left Terrell Owens was a great addition to this team and he was cut a year too early in my opinion the court of public opinion doesn't matter when you make a decision on a player like that it's kind of like when they brought Trey Lance in this year he had to do it at the moments notice didn't get a lot of input from his coaches he made the decision and that's what GM's do..

Jerry Jones did not bring in Terrell Owens or Trey Lance or anybody else without consulting his coaches with any ill will or ego he did it because he felt it could improve the team and he did it he pulled the trigger bill Parcells was leaving anyway just like Jimmy Johnson that whole thing about Oh my God we could have won five more Super Bowls no Jimmy Johnson doesn't stay around very long and I guarantee you as his team dried up got older got banged up they probably would have won one more Super Bowl just like they did and he was going to lead anyway he would have left by 1990 seven or 1998 anyway regardless of what would have happened all this nonsense just to bring negativity to Jones without real context and real proof you can tell me that bill Parcells would have left because of the TO trade or that he would have left anyway in my opinion but you have no proof that's your opinion...
Oh how the narratives rumors rhetoric and hyperbole just build over the years to people think that they are right you're not right that is your opinion bill Parcells was a higher quick turn around make this team better and he was going to leave sooner than later I don't think the trade had anything to do with it at all in my opinion he's a coward he's a quitter and the fact is I believe he didn't tell anybody on purpose and Sean Peyton would have stayed had he known he would have been a successor Bill torpedoed this team on his way out on purpose and because he's a New York giant he was always a hated rival, I hate the dude and I don't appreciate a damn thing he did here... His ego is every big as jerrys and you know it...
Bill Parcells was not a quitter. Same as Jimmy. Intense coach involved in every aspect of the organization who demanded the most from his players.

And like Jimmy, switching teams or taking breaks every 4-5 years because it’s a burnout demanding lifestyle.

Parcells ALWAYS took over $@3! Shows. And always changed the culture. You guys who crap on that are unreal.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Parcells wanted to be kicked upstairs as head of football operations / GM Jerry would hear none of it .

Lurie in Philly Hunt in KC even going back to the DeBartolo days in SF none of them were or are GM / owners .

Woody Johnson has hired a string of bad GM’s who hire terrible coaches but I’m not sure that makes him “ meddlesome “ .

Tepper just starting out in Carolina he needs a good GM who can hire a coach ( young ) who can justify taking that QB who’s struggling as the top overall pick . Greg Olsen said he’s interested . Get him out of the booth anyway .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bill Parcells was not a quitter. Same as Jimmy. Intense coach involved in every aspect of the organization who demanded the most from his players.

And like Jimmy, switching teams or taking breaks every 4-5 years because it’s a burnout demanding lifestyle.

Parcells ALWAYS took over $@3! Shows. And always changed the culture. You guys who crap on that are unreal.
I say he was they need a challenge they don't stay around anywhere for very long and if you don't stay and finish what you start and Sean Payton definitely would have stayed here had he known the plan for bill Parcells to leave early, first of all don't call me you guys, IM saying because i witnessed what he did first hand.

exactly what did jimmy and bill do after they left the teams they built that won rings? they never duplicated or finished anything on their next stops. they both quit...but hey blame jerry

so far what mike McCarthy's done since hes arrived here WITH Jerry, every bit as much as Bill or jimmy did after they left here... so we have a HC who has us in contention 3 years in a row and now it's created a very good team as a former SB champ as well..

i failed to see the difference. MM seems to be flourishing with Jerry. and please don't say that he hasn't got us to a super bowl yet or won one i do not remember Jimmy and BillP getting back to one and in the NFL history, don't think any HC has won sb with a 2nd team. its rare or never has been done.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get into the conversation or figure it out. I was referring to a poster's tendency to not base comments on facts...and implied was a generalized negative stance by someone reading that and going again negative.

I'm not going to spend all wakening hours minutely breaking down detailed explanation to defend all misunderstanding potentials. Not going to happen.

As to often stated 28 years, the Cowboys play Philadelphia Sunday. This affects that dual...

As cliché as it is to boil a heated rivalry game with so much on the line between the Cowboys and Eagles down to which team plays better up front, this is where the matchups to watch will be. This will be the 20th straight season the Cowboys and Eagles have met on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, and since Prescott took over as the Cowboys starter the lowest point total between these teams in primetime has been 46 in a 37-9 win for the Carson Wentz-led Eagles in 2017.

This also has nothing to do with a comment about Jerry contacting shingles because he's Senior owner...as to relevancy and giving a comparative non-application of a fact. Jerry and past has nothing to do with limiting today's team. That is fact. Keyshawn has nothing to do with today's team...just for facts.
wow

RonWashington

Reaction score
Bradie James Witten Terrence Newman all came in the Parcells years . Problem was the QB position , could never get the top notch talent to take you further . Goodness Drew Henson started a game . Yikes

CCBoy

Reaction score
Parcells wanted to be kicked upstairs as head of football operations / GM Jerry would hear none of it .

Lurie in Philly Hunt in KC even going back to the DeBartolo days in SF none of them were or are GM / owners .

Woody Johnson has hired a string of bad GM’s who hire terrible coaches but I’m not sure that makes him “ meddlesome “ .

Tepper just starting out in Carolina he needs a good GM who can hire a coach ( young ) who can justify taking that QB who’s struggling as the top overall pick . Greg Olsen said he’s interested . Get him out of the booth anyway .
Didn't work for Jimmy at Dallas also. Parcells did become a GM later, not coach, but that didn't last long as well...

blueblood70

Reaction score

that was bill's intentions but i don't remember any TEAM made him a GM or football operations anywhere else... neither was jimmy, SO why were neither one of these guys in more important roles after they left? both retired shortly after without the success they had with their former glory teams with their owners and GMs being a part of it...

i find it ironic that you all built them up up to be much greater by themselves with Jerry then they actually were.. none of them were hired to do anything bigger than being a hc or had a return to their former glory..

OH the Irony

blame jerry LMAO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bradie James Witten Terrence Newman all came in the Parcells years . Problem was the QB position , could never get the top notch talent to take you further . Goodness Drew Henson started a game . Yikes
you mean just like mitch trubisky just lost the game with pittsburgh? nothing's changed there's still a lot of bad quarterbackswith jobs lol

Big_D

Reaction score

Jerry was horrendous befor Bill got there and then horrendous once again the second he left. Pretty amazing that some rather rip the coach who was able to salvage a complete disaster, but not hold Jerry accountable for the worst management you can dream possible. Anyone crapping on Parcells while still building up this clown weren’t paying attention.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think he means the roughest part of the schedule falls over the next month and this will be a better indicator of the Cowboys’ status as a contender.
They should beat Philly and then it is one game at a time. It will be difficult to sweep the Bills and Dolphins on the road.

Big_D

Reaction score
that was bill's intentions but i don't remember any TEAM made him a GM or football operations anywhere else... neither was jimmy, SO why were neither one of these guys in more important roles after they left? both retired shortly after without the success they had with their former glory teams with their owners and GMs being a part of it...

i find it ironic that you all built them up up to be much greater by themselves with Jerry then they actually were.. none of them were hired to do anything bigger than being a hc or had a return to their former glory..

OH the Irony

blame jerry LMAO.
He was the GM for the Jets and Vice president of the Dolphins. You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. Even with a wealth of information at your fingertips! lol