Top 3 Most Meddlesome Owners (Per Jay Glazer)

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
With the exceptions of Jimmy Johson and Bill Parcells, Jerruh W. Jones refuses to hire a strong-willed / hard-nosed H.C. that will not tolerate his meddling ways.. He wants to have full control of everything, just in case we get lucky one of these years and actually win something. That way he can take the credit that he feels eluded him in the 90's.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
But Jerry's not a meddlesome owner, he's a GM with 4 wild card playoff wins the last 27 years. He'd have been fired years ago if he didn't own the team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He is a fantastic owner.
:rolleyes::muttley:

I'm not sure if you're delusional or on the Cowboys payroll. For your sake, I hope it's the latter. Somehow, I suspect that's not the case.

He's "fantastic" if you're concerned about Forbes values. If you want post season success - don't even go back to 1995 - not so much.

rambo2

Reaction score
:rolleyes::muttley:

I'm not sure if you're delusional or on the Cowboys payroll. For your sake, I hope it's the latter. Somehow, I suspect that's not the case.

He's "fantastic" if you're concerned about Forbes values. If you want post season success - don't even go back to 1995 - not so much.
Lol, you guys crack me up. It's a great time to be a Cowboys fan. It has been a great ride and getting better.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lol, you guys crack me up. It's a great time to be a Cowboys fan. It has been a great ride and getting better.
LOL, you crack me up. Everything the Jones Boys do is awesome. You'd celebrate being handed a piece of Jerry's used toilet paper.

You're delusional. Nothing you say about the Cowboys should ever be taken seriously.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL, you crack me up. Everything the Jones Boys do is awesome. You'd celebrate being handed a piece of Jerry's used toilet paper.

You're delusional. Nothing you say about the Cowboys should ever be taken seriously.
Lol

rambo2

Reaction score
Like I said, let's revisit this next month. One of us is delusional, the other has seen this movie before.

See you in January.
What does next month have to do with it? It is pretty obvious that the Cowboys are already one of the best teams in the league after 12 games. This will be their 3rd year in a row with double digit wins.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A good owner would get rid of a terrible GM. He’s not a good owner. He’s an outstanding CAPITALIST.
Well going by your parameters he's a great owner that means he's not a terrible GM therefore there was no one to get rid of.... He may not be the best GM in the league but he's by far not the worst therefore the word terrible like the word trash is thrown around in here is really for fans opinions like yours we should label them just like that.... You should ban yourself that would make you a great fan but if I see you reply to this then I know you are a terrible fan because you're still here...

I wanna serious note oh owners have the final say in their teams they all have a direct connection to their GM and to their head coach and if you think otherwise you've been drinking the kool-aid from the haters and all the people parenting bad narratives about how things work on each team which we're in a thread by the way in which people see Jerry's not one of the meddlesome owners because he's also the GM and I believe we put a lot of really great talent on this team through drafts and smart trades even they don't go all in I mean we're in the middle of probably having the third straight season of going to the playoffs and twelve wins that's directly correlated to the GM literally part of the scouting part of the drafts part of team and roster building and yet you used the word terrible completely invalidate your opinion...

So why do fans have to go to the other ends of the spectrum it always has to be great or trash it has to be great or terrible you know there's a middle ground to the way we could judge players coaches and GM's and owners and Jerry is a great owner top five in the league and maybe he's maybe the 10th best GM maybe you wanna put them 15 that's fine you wanna call the guy middle average that's fine but he is definitely not terrible...

So there's no reason to fire a good GM and he is a good GM he just ain't a great GM but don't tell me that his 30 plus years playing with Jimmy Johnson and bill Parcells he's been in all those war rooms with some great coaches and some great scouts lots of people that have lot of experience and you tell me he hasn't picked up a single thing in 30 years that he hasn't turned himself into a solid gym which by the way the proof is on the field fire himself for what going for his possible 36 wins in three years with a team full of potential pro bowlers and all pros...lmao

oh let's just end this with the word terrible and trash and words words being thrown around here as if there is no middle ground and they're all wrong you're invalidated if you can't have an actual debate and call Jerry what he really is which is not terrible then you shouldn't be in a discussion at all because you don't have any kind of objectivity just like a lot of people in here that have no objectivity when it comes to our quarterback or our coaches it's either all or nothing no middle ground and that is not the way to have a debate therefore you're invalidated in my opinion if you can't come in here and be objective then no one's gonna take you seriously...

blueblood70

Reaction score
What does next month have to do with it? It is pretty obvious that the Cowboys are already one of the best teams in the league after 12 games. This will be their 3rd year in a row with double digit wins.
Going for the third straight year in a row sure terrible GM put that kind of talent on the field.... There's no objectivity with a lot of fans in here or alleged fans it's either all or nothing you're either trash or gold they do the same thing with draft picks coaches players and they're doing it with our GM and owner literally have no objectivity to have a real debate no one saying Jerry is the best GM of all time but I gotta put them at least in the upper half you wanna put him somewhere around 10 maybe 16 that's fine but calling the guy terrible that needs to be fired without looking in an objective way of what's been going on the last three years the fact is we all know that Jerry Jones loves to be the GM in title but we also know that he's given up a lot of power and decision making to to Stephen Jones will mcclay and a whole group of people..

Fans really do think Jerry just sits up there like a judge and on a pulpit and makes every decision with a gavel and takes nothing else and nobody else's opinions and insight into account before he makes a decision that's insane that is not that was Jerry for about five or six years from like 1998 to 2003 he's had moments but not one time not once has an ex coach or player come in here and says Jerry was meddling with play calling and who plays on game day and how much they play and all that other nonsense he does not make those type of decisions and never has

just another bad narrative...

tomokawan

Reaction score
Jerry is not meddlesome. Not like many want to say or believe.
He is just more interviewed and the media loves his stupid responses. Then fans run with them as to being meddlesome.

NO coach or player has ever came out to say Jerry meddles. Everyone says the had a great working relationship.
Too bad our fans can't accept that.
I don't agree with that. Jerry is meddlesome. He is always the first one to be asked to comment on anything and he can't resist to undermine the coaches, the players, or team doctors reports. For once I would like him to say "I am not an expert please refer to such and such. But hell no, the so called jack...of all and master of one (making money) can't do that.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
I think he means the roughest part of the schedule falls over the next month and this will be a better indicator of the Cowboys’ status as a contender.

CCBoy

Reaction score

For sure, you bet...

All right regulators, mount up, we're off to Los Angeles to take care of department store thefts - now out of control...
MOUNT UP!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't agree with that. Jerry is meddlesome. He is always the first one to be asked to comment on anything and he can't resist to undermine the coaches, the players, or team doctors reports. For once I would like him to say "I am not an expert please refer to such and such. But hell no, the so called jack...of all and master of one (making money) can't do that.
Now explain at this very moment...

All season long, the Dallas Cowboys have been searching for a signature win, playing like contenders by blowing out lesser teams, but losing key NFC matchups at the Eagles and 49ers, as well as a letdown game at the Cardinals. The path to the playoffs has been clear for weeks as the Cowboys pile up wins, particularly at home with an active streak of 14 games, but this Sunday night they’ll have a chance to play their way into the top spot in the NFC East should they beat the Eagles for the sixth straight time at AT&T Stadium.

The Cowboys are averaging 41 points per game at home in wins over the Jets, Patriots, Commanders, Giants, Rams, and most recently the Seahawks - a Thursday night win that sticks out from the other home wins this season, their first one-score game against a team that matched scores against Dan Quinn’s defense, and put the first real game pressure on Dak Prescott and the Cowboys offense.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...hiladelphia-eagles-nfc-east-division-playoffs

All right, that's it....YOU CAN'T!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson said that Jerry is not what people say he is that interferes with onfield activities. He said while he was there it was Bill Purcells that was in complete control.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson said that Jerry is not what people say he is that interferes with onfield activities. He said while he was there it was Bill Purcells that was in complete control.
lol, no one but a liar has to hide from truth...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the owner and GM, he is involved as to knowledge on the situation. Nothing wrong with that. So what the reporters go to him for information and questions.
Other teams do this as well. It is just Jerry is what we fans see more often than others. As we pay more attention and not so much to other teams.

How is that being meddlesome? He is supposed to be aware of these situations. What has he done to undermine the players and coaches. Especially lately. Other than the mixed opinions about the Trey Lance trade.
When it really just comes down to fans liking or not liking or stay neutral about their opinions and feelings abut Jerry.
It is natural for people to hate on those in power. Even if it does not directly involves that person. Fans hate Jerry, as many probably hate their work bosses as well, or owners of the company.

I don't want to see Jerry interviews, but it is part of life. So I don't get all riled up over it. But I rather Jerry gives an opinion on the health of some player over what Garrett use to say.