Top 3 worst management decisions over the years

Not firing coaches, except gailey and maybe Campo.
Instead just letting them coach out contracts. Jimmy, resigned. Switzer, resigned. Gailey, fired 3 years remaining. Campo, fired ?'s about remaining contract terms. Parcells, retired. Phillips, fired no years left on contract. Garrett not renewed. Mccarthy not renewed.
 
Jimmy had one more year, maybe two tops. Dallas would have won 3 in a row, possibly 4 and that would have been the greatest NFL achievement ever. In the end, Dallas lost the three-peat and possibly 1 Super Bowl to its total.
 
I think limiting it to top three bad decisions is impossible because there have been so many.
I am going to limit mine to my top three the last three years.
#1 Dak Contract
#2 Trading Parsons
#3 Not signing Henry after he basically said he wants to be a Cowboy.

Honorable mentions:
Ignoring free agency
Hiring Schotty
Hiring bad DCs
 
Jerry overestimating his ability to negotiate contracts.

Jerry overestimating his ability to evaluate football talent.

Jerry thinking nepotism is a good idea as it pertains to his kids.

Jerry's inability to secure great coaching.

Jerry overvalued draft picks sticking too long or getting too big of second contracts.

Jerry bought the right to do the above, but it really shows his lack of respect for the loyal Cowboy fans.
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Firing Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
1. Letting Jerry be GM/letting the entire Jones family run the team from the inside out
 
And there's a bigger theme in all these decisions: The GM Jerry Jones and his unqualified ability to make personnel decisions while also retaining final control over football operations when he has no expertise to do that either.
The problem as I see it...is wildcat Jerry THINKS he's smarter than the rest of the league. Practically everything he does is the opposite of everyone else, especially successful ones.

Draft gambles, coaches that will "lean on the job", meddling (i.e. celebrating in the locker room with the players after a fairly meaningless win) and incessant media appearances.

For starters.
 
Not treating Aikman the way the Patriots handled Brady,

QBs are precious, don’t let there bodies be destroyed!

Apply the same logic to Zeke and Murray, protect special running backs.
I hated the way we treated Zeke. From overuse to playing him injured to making him play entire offensive line. Would Barkley do that? Would they even dare ask him to? He'd laugh.

Because we never really replaced Frederick, we made him block not just an occasional safety blitz, but D-line.

Fans made fun of him for "tapping out"....because we'd just run him into the ground.

Just one more in a long list of wasting good players.
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Firing Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
How bout keeping Garrett for 9.5 seasons as a HC?????
Un freaking believable!!!!
 
Are we sick of bashing this franchise?
I am, I don’t know when they’re going to get it right,
But I’m done, destroying belittlingthe team I love,

Don’t get me wrong it’s all just,
And it’s deserve

I just personally am done doing it
 
truly there are too many over the last thirty plus years to mention unless you do a blueblood novella.
He should have tried to keep jimmy. Probably the biggest SINGLE screw up
if he had been willing to humble himself a little I think we would have won four straight.
 
Are we sick of bashing this franchise?
I am, I don’t know when they’re going to get it right,
But I’m done, destroying the team I love,
Don’t get me wrong it’s all just,
And it’s deserved
I just personally am done doing it
if you don't like a thread, leave it
whining and crying about it is pathetic
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Getting rid of Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
1-Firing Tom Landry- A Legend who had 20 Winning Seasons in a row and not letting Landry exit gracefully.

2- Getting rid of Jimmy Johnson after he just won back to back Superbowls over Jones's ego of wanting attention.

3- Jerry believing he is a General Manager.
 
Feel the same way. He is still haunting this team in some ways. His sayings that Stephen Jones still uses and this antiquated pass offense that Dak prefers was pushed heavily by him.l

But during those Garrett years I got canceled and posts deleted here because of the “negative” view of Garrett. And here we are still trying to recover from RKGs, Stacking Days, Execute, and the new stupidity he just said on Sunday night: “You can’t score points without explosive plays”. (Yes you can).
We like our guys!!!!!
 
Only 3? There's so many!

1. Bum Bright selling the Cowboys to Jerry Jones
2. Jerry refusing to hire a GM
3. Hiring and keeping Garrett past his expiration date
 
Every year is another Jerry management mistake. Not signing Parsons after his 3rd season ranks among the dumbest moves Jerry could have made, but the fact of the matter is he has screwed up building this roster every season while gaslighting his fans into thinking he has done a fabulous job.
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Firing Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
Jimmy was leaving whether he was fired or not....He wanted to move on
Adrian Peterson would have not gotten us any farther than we got over the years...He didn't do anything to get close to a Super Bowl in Minnesota and their OL was better

Get angry about something else
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Firing Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
Jerry didn’t fire Jimmy. Stopped reading.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,042
Messages
14,658,912
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top