Top 30 Memorable Movie Lines

joseephuss

Reaction score
Office Space

Drew: I'm thinking about taking that new chick from Logistics. If things go right I might be showing her my O-face. You know: Oh. Oh.

Bob Slydell: I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?
Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Well yeah.
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my *** all day, I would do nothing.
Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do ****.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Office Space

Drew: I'm thinking about taking that new chick from Logistics. If things go right I might be showing her my O-face. You know: Oh. Oh.

Bob Slydell: I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?
Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Well yeah.
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my *** all day, I would do nothing.
Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do ****.

Classic movie

My favorite lines are:

So Peter, I hear you've been missing work lately

I wouldn't say I've missed it Bob.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
AIRPLANE

Jiveman1: Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady
got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!

Subtitle: GOLLY, THAT WHITE FELLOW SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE
OR I WILL PUNCH HIM.

Jiveman2: Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no
mo' big rap upon you man!

Subtitle: YES, HE IS WRONG FOR DOING THAT.

Jiveman1: I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get
the same ol' same ol.

Subtitle: I KNEW A MAN IN A SIMILAR PREDICAMENT, AND HE ENDED UP
BEING SORRY.

Jiveman2: Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got
perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.

Subtitle: DON'T BE NAIVE ARTHUR. EACH OF US FACES A CLEAR MORAL
CHOICE.

Jiveman1: You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac
lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.

Subtitle: EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE, MAKES A MAN HEALTHY,
WEALTHY AND WISE.

Together: Col' got to be! Yo!
Subtitle: HOW TRUE!

Together: Sheeeeeeet!

Subtitle: GOLLY.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Second best character in that movie....

1st is the princess....how HOT is Sophie Marceau?

I think I fell in love with her during that movie.

"Because of the way you're looking at me now."

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
George Washington McLintock: I know, I know. I'll use proper judgment. I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you could've gotten somebody killed today and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth, but I won't. I won't. The hell I won't!

Lone Watie: Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

Josey Wales: You have any food here?
Lone Watie: All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through.

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

Josey Wales: Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Lone Watie: I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Jamie: I wish we had time to bury them fellas.
Josey Wales: To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

Bounty Hunter: You're wanted, Wales.
Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
Bounty Hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

James Pepper: You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum?
John Simpson Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

Morton: You're going to shoot us, ain't you Chisum?
John Simpson Chisum: I thought about it. Then I thought about something Henry Tunstall once said. He watched a man walk to the gallows... saw him hang. He said it was ghastly. Well, I've seen men hang, and that's the word - ghastly. You two are going to hang.

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
The Crow
"Is that gasoline I smell?"
"Jesus Christ walks into a hotel and hands the innkeeper 3 nails and says, 'Can ya put me up for the night?'
"Tell them Death is coming for them. Tonight."

"Boy, am I in trouble now."
"Hollywooooood!"

Tommy Boy
"That's gonna leave a mark."
"Who's your favorite little Little Rascal? Alfalfa, or Spanky?"

Blues Brothers
"We're on a mission from God."

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
"To crush your enemies,see them driven before you
and to hear the lamentation of the woman!" -Conan The Barbarian

"Say hello,to my little friend!" - Scarface

"Opinions are like arshoes,everybody has one." - Dirty Harry

"I'm getting to old for this $ ***!" -Lethal Weapon

"Jr,when I get home,I'm slapping your momma in the mouth." -S & Bandit

"I'll be back."- Terminator

"Wax on,wax off." Karate Kid

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
"To crush your enemies,see them driven before you
and to hear the lamentation of the woman!" -Conan The Barbarian

"Say hello,to my little friend!" - Scarface

"Opinions are like arshoes,everybody has one." - Dirty Harry

"I'm getting to old for this $ ***!" -Lethal Weapon

"Jr,when I get home,I'm slapping your momma in the mouth." -S & Bandit

"I'll be back."- Terminator

"Wax on,wax off." Karate Kid

"Adriaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!" -Rocky

''Frankly Scarlett,I don't give a damn." - Gone With The Wind

"Let's do it for Johnny man,let's do it for Johnny!" - Outsiders

"I'm Batman!" - Batman

"Warriors,come out to play-ya!" - The Warriors

"The Truth,you can't handle the Truth!" - A Few Good Men

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monty Python:

Bravely bold Sr. Robin, Rode forth from Camelot,
He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sr. Robin
He was not in the least bit scared to be smashed into a pulp,
Or to have his eyes goudged out and his elbows broken,
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sr. Robin
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his tongued ripped out
And his peni...THATS ENOUGH!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All lines are from Aliens...

[Pulling out his pump-action shotgun]
Hicks: I like to keep this handy for close encounters.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Van Leuwin: Thank you, Officer Ripley, that will be all.
Ripley: ******** it, that's not all! 'Cause if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! And all this, this ******** that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ripley: Well, someone's gonna have to go out there. Take a portable transmitter and patch in manually.
Hudson: Oh yeah, sure! With those things running around? You can count me out.
Hicks: Yeah I guess we can just count you out of everything, Hudson.
Hudson: That's right, man.
Bishop: [speaking under Hudson] I'll go.
Hudson: And watch you go, man!
Bishop: [more loudly] I'll go.
Ripley: What?
Bishop: I'll go. I mean, I'm the only one qualified to remote-pilot the ship anyway.
Hudson: Yeah right, man, Bishop should go. Good idea!
Bishop: Believe me, I'd prefer not to. I may be synthetic but I'm not stupid.
Ripley: These people are here to protect you. They are soldiers.
Newt: It won't make any difference.
Ripley: Lieutenant, what do those pulse rifles fire?
Gorman: 10 millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing rounds, why?
Ripley: Well, look where your team is. They're right under the primary heat exchangers.
Gorman: So?
Ripley: So, if they fire their weapons in there, won't they rupture the cooling system?
Burke: [interjecting] Woah woah. Yeah, she's absolutely right.
Gorman: [turns round to Burke] So, so what?
Burke: Look, this whole station is basically a big fusion reactor...
[Gorman turns back to stare, horrified, at the screen]
Burke: ...right? So you're talkin' about a thermonuclear explosion and "Adiós, muchachos."
Gorman: Oh, great. Wonderful. ****!
Hicks: Hey! I know we're all in strung out shape but stay frosty and alert. We can't afford to let one of those ******* in here.
Ripley: You know Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them ******* each other over for a ******* percentage!
[When they are dropped over LV-426]
Hudson: We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!
Hudson: You maybe haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our ***** kicked, pal!
Hudson: Let's just bug out and call it even, OK? What are we talking about this for?
Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Hudson: *****' A...
Burke: Ho-ho-hold on one second. This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it.
Ripley: They can *bill* me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[the drop-ship crashes]
Hudson: Well that's great, that's just *****' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty **** now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?
Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?
Burke: Ripley? You know I expected more from you - I thought you'd be smarter than this.
Ripley: Well, I'm happy to disappoint you.
Ripley: How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.
Hudson: *Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: Hudson!
Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!
Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.
[to Newt]
Ripley: Right?
[Newt apes a salute]
Hudson: So why don't you put her in charge?
Ripley: You'd better just start dealing with it, Hudson! Listen to me! Hudson, just deal with it because we need you and I'm sick of your ********.
Frost: Man, I'm telling you, I got a bad feeling about this drop.
Crowe: You always say that, Frost. You always say, "I got a bad feeling about this drop."
Frost: Okay, okay. When we get back without you, I'll call your folks.
Hudson: Oh dear Lord Jesus, this ain't happening, man... This can't be happening, man! This isn't happening!
Burke: Okay, look. What if that ship didn't even exist? Did you ever think about that, I didn't know! So if I went and made a major security situation out of it, everybody steps in; Administration steps in, and there's no exclusive rights for anybody, nobody wins! So I made a decision, and it was... wrong. It was a bad call, Ripley. It was a bad call.
Ripley: Bad call? Bad call? THESE PEOPLE ARE DEAD, BURKE! Well, I'm going to make sure they nail you right to the wall for this. You're not going to sleaze your way out of this one. Right to the wall!
Hicks: This doesn't make any god-damn sense.
Ripley: He figured he could get an alien back through quarantine, if one of us was impregnated, or whatever you call it, then frozen for the trip home. Nobody would know about the embryos we were carrying; me and Newt.
Hicks: Wait a minute now... We'd all know.
Ripley: Yes! The only way he could do it, was to sabotage certain freezers on the way home. Then he could jettison the bodies and make up any story he liked.
Hudson: ****. He's dead.
[Points muzzle of pulse-rifle to Burke's face again and looks him in the eye]
Hudson: You're dog meat pal!
[Hudson is frantically mowing down aliens]
Hudson: Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! Let's go, yeah, come on! Come on! Come and get it you *******s! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? **** you!
Gorman: Any Questions?
[Hudson raises his hand]
Gorman: What is it private?
Hudson: How do I get out of this chicken**** outfit?
Apone: You secure that **** Hudson!
Ripley: Get away from her, you *****!
Gorman: Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.
Hudson: Is he ******' crazy?
Frost: What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasEast said:

Ripley: ******** it, that's not all! 'Cause if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! And all this, this ******** that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!
Ripley: Well, someone's gonna have to go out there. Take a portable transmitter and patch in manually.
Bishop: I'll go. I mean, I'm the only one qualified to remote-pilot the ship anyway.
Gorman: 10 millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing rounds, why?
Ripley: Well, look where your team is. They're right under the primary heat exchangers.
Ripley: So, if they fire their weapons in there, won't they rupture the cooling system?
Burke: ...right? So you're talkin' about a thermonuclear explosion and "Adiós, muchachos."
Hicks: Hey! I know we're all in strung out shape but stay frosty and alert. We can't afford to let one of those ******* in here.
Ripley: You know Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them ******* each other over for a ******* percentage!
Hudson: You maybe haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our ***** kicked, pal!
Hudson: Let's just bug out and call it even, OK? What are we talking about this for?
Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Burke: Ho-ho-hold on one second. This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it.
[the drop-ship crashes]
Hudson: Well that's great, that's just *****' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty **** now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?
Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?
Burke: Ripley? You know I expected more from you - I thought you'd be smarter than this.
Hudson: *Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.
[to Newt]
[Newt apes a salute]
Ripley: You'd better just start dealing with it, Hudson! Listen to me! Hudson, just deal with it because we need you and I'm sick of your ********.
Crowe: You always say that, Frost. You always say, "I got a bad feeling about this drop."
Hudson: Oh dear Lord Jesus, this ain't happening, man... This can't be happening, man! This isn't happening!
Burke: Okay, look. What if that ship didn't even exist? Did you ever think about that, I didn't know! So if I went and made a major security situation out of it, everybody steps in; Administration steps in, and there's no exclusive rights for anybody, nobody wins! So I made a decision, and it was... wrong. It was a bad call, Ripley. It was a bad call.
Ripley: Bad call? Bad call? THESE PEOPLE ARE DEAD, BURKE! Well, I'm going to make sure they nail you right to the wall for this. You're not going to sleaze your way out of this one. Right to the wall!
Ripley: He figured he could get an alien back through quarantine, if one of us was impregnated, or whatever you call it, then frozen for the trip home. Nobody would know about the embryos we were carrying; me and Newt.
Ripley: Yes! The only way he could do it, was to sabotage certain freezers on the way home. Then he could jettison the bodies and make up any story he liked.
Hudson: Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! Let's go, yeah, come on! Come on! Come and get it you *******s! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? **** you!
[Hudson raises his hand]
Gorman: Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.
Aliens is classic

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Aliens is classic

Yes it is. I have the Alien Quadrilogy boxset and am about to buy AVP.

Game over, man. Game over.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DallasEast said:

[the drop-ship crashes]
[to Newt]
[Newt apes a salute]
[Hudson raises his hand]

Props to you for bringing up Aliens. A lot of people don't realize how many great lines there were in that movie.... a hell of a lot more than most sci-fi flix.

"They moshlee come out at night... moshlee." :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Monty Python:

Bravely bold Sr. Robin, Rode forth from Camelot,
He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sr. Robin
He was not in the least bit scared to be smashed into a pulp,
Or to have his eyes goudged out and his elbows broken,
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sr. Robin
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his tongued ripped out
And his peni...THATS ENOUGH!!!

Did anyone bring up yet: "Tis simply a flesh wound." :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
"you don't wanna look in there."

- a VERY edgy j. frank parnell, in response to the question "what's in the trunk?" - asked by the motorcycle cop who just pulled over his '64 chevy malibu. - "Repo Man" 1984

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
"I know it was you Fredo"

"We're going to need a bigger boat"

"Badges, we don't need any stinkin badges"

Several John Wayne lines could be added.

"We're willing to trade looks for a certain, morally casual attitude"... Animal House... that line always cracks me up...

"Rules?? No rules in a knife fight"... Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...

"Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch??"... same movie (shoot me, it's my second favorite movie of all time)...

"The good Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked"... Braveheart, my all-time favorite movie... can't believe that line didn't make the list, LOL...

"Where are all the white women at??"-- Blazing Saddles...

I was gonna use the Rowdy Roddy Piper line about chewing bubble gum and kicking ***, but somebody beat me to it...