Top 5 NFC teams and Dallas shoved aside by a QB-less team?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Can't think of one.
Let’s say Dak is out for the season early on, fanbase is demoralized, and then the team rallies together and overcomes poor QB play, winning 12 games yet again. You end up a wild card again, travel to SF again, but this time you pull it out. While you Come up short the next week in Detroit, I think most people here would consider that a rousing success. The hype for 2024 would then crescendo with the hypotheses of the 2023 team but with a healthy Prescott, and 2023 would be an indication that the potential of the team is skyrocketing… despite the fact that you never made the NFCCG

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Let’s say Dak is out for the season early on, fanbase is demoralized, and then the team rallies together and overcomes poor QB play, winning 12 games yet again. You end up a wild card again, travel to SF again, but this time you pull it out. While you Come up short the next week in Detroit, I think most people here would consider that a rousing success. The hype for 2024 would then crescendo with the hypotheses of the 2023 team but with a healthy Prescott
While it might be a success it wouldn't make me happy about Dak. Now he really is injury prone and the team really has proven it can win without him. Getting to the same place as we got with him. I mean if Cooper Rush can get us to a divisional game....and he actually beat the 49ers something dak hasn't been able to do.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
While it might be a success it wouldn't make me happy about Dak. Now he really is injury prone and the team really has proven it can win without him. Getting to the same place as we got with him. I mean if Cooper Rush can get us to a divisional game....and he actually beat the 49ers something dak hasn't been able to do.
Yeah it really boils down to how you interpret any given situation. People here have a wide variety of feelings on how the Cowboys did last season. Some felt it was letdown #XXX in a row, others thought it was a great ride even without the hardware at the end.

I remember reading a looney post here a few months ago that said any time Dallas made the playoffs it’s a successful season because making the playoff is a necessity to make the SB, ergo all playoff teams are SB contenders. There’s a lot of context to have to ignore to get to that level of thinking, but it makes sense to him so that’s how he views it.

I think Dallas should be happy with a season I laid out, but I understand your POV as well. Would be a tough look to do the best Dak did without him, didn’t necessary mean it that way. More so that you grew enough to get as far without Dak, and he would have added that much more.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I mean i love where your heads at but the whole Jerry thing and "No More Excuses" , Im not sure what line we are drawing here....
:laugh:
I know. But as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm hoping for the broken clock effect to kick in at some point.
I mean, it's been 27 years.
At some point the time has to be right, right?

Mr_437

Reaction score
If you see McCoy prepare to hear ignorance. I don't have time for his words.

Anyway, Dallas is looking up at 49ers and Eagles.

JBS

Reaction score
If you take Micah Parsons off the Cowboys they are basically the Vikings. Seattle put up 23 against SF in a playoff game. Dallas puts up 12. Basically the NFC is a two horse race between Eagles and 49ers. The next three teams can all be grouped together as even.
No

Hadenough

Reaction score
Let’s say Dak is out for the season early on, fanbase is demoralized, and then the team rallies together and overcomes poor QB play, winning 12 games yet again. You end up a wild card again, travel to SF again, but this time you pull it out. While you Come up short the next week in Detroit, I think most people here would consider that a rousing success. The hype for 2024 would then crescendo with the hypotheses of the 2023 team but with a healthy Prescott, and 2023 would be an indication that the potential of the team is skyrocketing… despite the fact that you never made the NFCCG
As much as people will poo poo this fact. The Cowboys as a team played harder with Rush than with Dak. The play calling made them run more and from the Oline to the Dline the team was more physical. It's like Someone took the keys away from the entitled rich snotty kid and gave them to the blue collar worker in Rush. I'm not saying Rush is better than Dak but this team as a whole played differently and it was obvious night and day difference. I don't believe it's just play calling either.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
These morning shows are nothing but gossip and click baiting. They're on the air when the majority of real fans are at work. Everything is done for shock value.

GMO415

Reaction score
Agreed. In here, they would want Dak immediately replaced in 2024.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As much as people will poo poo this fact. The Cowboys as a team played harder with Rush than with Dak. The play calling made them run more and from the Oline to the Dline the team was more physical. It's like Someone took the keys away from the entitled rich snotty kid and gave them to the blue collar worker in Rush. I'm not saying Rush is better than Dak but this team as a whole played differently and it was obvious night and day difference. I don't believe it's just play calling either.
Yep, we played the game to suit the players(Rush) and not the coach. It would be interesting to see what the experts believe is the best game plan for Dak.... but for that to happen there needs to be some acceptance that Dak was central in what went wrong.
WCO with less thinking time, hoping for routes to develop as the anxiety rises plus the more varied receiving corp with Schoon and Cooks may be a start.
We can't go on replicating what we did....Good defenses have worked us out.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You are who you are, until you prove otherwise
Bill Parcels.
Um the saying is you are what your record says you are. And we where 12-5. Don't spin it and say yea but the playoffs. Parcells strictly meant that for the regular season.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People put too much emphasis on the QB because it's the most important position. But the truth is, even a great QB is limited by his roster. They can't make up for an opponent with a clearly better roster.

No one would put Jimmy Garoppolo in the same universe as Aaron Rodgers. Yet the 2019 NFCCG it wasn't even close. And I don't know anyone that thought GB would win. The 49ers were that much better, and Rodgers couldn't even come close to making up for that.
Spot on

diamonddelts

Reaction score
its the fact that Fox isnt embarrassed to have this crap air

i watched a couple of episodes and this should be a podcast not an actual fox funded show...
Fox is not embarrased to put any garbage on the air.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I'm serious. The 49ers got to the NFC Championship with a rookie, third-string quarterback.
The Eagles with a far-less experienced quarterback - compared to ours - got to an NFC Championship and then the Super Bowl.
We haven't sniffed the NFC Championship in 27 years. We had the perfect opportunity to upset the Niners in San Francisco, and we promptly wet the bed.
And our fans have the nerve to be upset because we're ranked by the Eagles and the 49ers?
Much of what these commentators-turned-critics is true: the Dallas Cowboys are playoff pretenders until proven otherwise.
NFC Championship Game or bust.
No ... more ... excuses!
You need a break