TR: The Cowboys May Have Spent Themselves Into a Bad Situation

817Gill

Reaction score
In my opinion, odds for a successful draft have greatly improved based on the people who have been removed from the equation. Turning things over to coaches these past few years has proven disastrous.

I'm of a different mindset and I'm not all that worried. Lots of changes going on in the rest of the division, and I'm confident in the fact that the Cowboys corrected their most serious issue in sub-par coaching. We won 5 of 6 games last year and don't see the rest of the division being appreciably better. I like our chances.
So tired of seeing our pick come up, knowing there’s 2-3 names that are guaranteed contributors on the board, and seeing us pick a random name I’ve never seen.

Instead of trying to find guys to fit into a cog, now I believe we are going to take the best player that makes sense. I bet our prediction of the picks will be more accurate now too.

Like seeing Rapp, Thornhill, CGJ all there and then seeing “Trysten Hill” pop up on the screen. Such a head scratcher because it was so obvious.

Flamma

Reaction score
Logic, statistics, and what looks good on paper is often thrown right out of the window when concerning the NFL. Explain this to me. How do the Cowboys go 13-3 with that crap defense, rookies at QB and RB, and a mishmash of WRs with an aging TE and crap coach? It defies all logic.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So tired of seeing our pick come up, knowing there’s 2-3 names that are guaranteed contributors on the board, and seeing us pick a random name I’ve never seen.

Instead of trying to find guys to fit into a cog, now I believe we are going to take the best player that makes sense. I bet our prediction of the picks will be more accurate now too.

Like seeing Rapp, Thornhill, CGJ all there and then seeing “Trysten Hill” pop up on the screen. Such a head scratcher because it was so obvious.

The real head scratcher for me was this team allowing Marinelli to destroy another draft! After the debacle of Taco Charlton, and Marinelli being 'done with' the guy that he pushed the team to draft, overruling the scouts, how is that old fool allowed to do the same thing again?!?!?!?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The real head scratcher for me was this team allowing Marinelli to destroy another draft! After the debacle of Taco Charlton, and Marinelli being 'done with' the guy that he pushed the team to draft, overruling the scouts, how is that old fool allowed to do the same thing again?!?!?!?
Marinelli was a bigger hindrance, to me, than Garrett. Because of his rush-men philosophy along the DL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marinelli was a bigger hindrance, to me, than Garrett. Because of his rush-men philosophy along the DL.

giphy.gif

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. We missed on so many great players because they listened to an out of touch dc in Marinelli. Hell they had monte kiffin before him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn’t agree more. We missed on so many great players because they listened to an out of touch dc in Marinelli. Hell they had monte kiffin before him.

And Kiffin was DONE. To the point that college coaches were lighting up his defense at USC. But he was one of the few names that Garrett actually knew, so this team thought it was a good idea to hire him. We then set records for defensive incompetence. And with Kiffin came Marinelli, and we know how that went.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
And Kiffin was DONE. To the point that college coaches were lighting up his defense at USC. But he was one of the few names that Garrett actually knew, so this team thought it was a good idea to hire him. We then set records for defensive incompetence. And with Kiffin came Marinelli, and we know how that went.
That was a head scratcher. College teams were lighting his defenses up so you thought by bringing him in was a good idea ? Then marinelli becoming dc is a better idea when the defense under kiffin was horrendous.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It appears that just being a Dallas Cowboy makes you top 3 at your position. Just keep spending!

817Gill

Reaction score
It’s insane how much Juice Rod had in the building. Especially since we’ve never been a top 10 sacks team either and his whole thing is getting into the backfield