Trade candidates I like to see the Cowboys acquire

shabazz

Reaction score
Only problem I see with a Davonte Adams move would be that they would want a first and a second round pick in the same way they got a first and a second for Cooper and we have other needs such as O-line help, our line has been concerning to me. RB as well.. Hell I don't know anymore!!lol
Give them a 1st and Deuce Vaughn……..anybody that been mentioned here as Darren Sproles incarnate , has to have a 2nd round value

conner01

Reaction score
-Corners are in high demand, many teams don't have enough. Johnson is a resign candidate, depending on price. Team is going to need another starting corner next season with both Gilmore/Lewis becoming fa's. Team is one injury away from disaster at the position.

-Believe adding a RB might be the team's biggest need at the moment. Run game is terrible, Pollard already looks beat up and they are struggling in short yardage situations. Foreman cost would be a late day 3 pick, which is worth it.

-With the emergence of Bell and the addition of Evans, the need to lessoned. Jewell is a proven run defender, but might be more of a luxury.

-Do believe Ertz helps the TE group more then he stops their development. He can actually speed up their development learning from such a player.
Good point on CB because we won’t be able to keep Gilmore unless he plays for less than market value and Lewis is a FA.
Eetz might actually help the TE though he would likely push McKeon off. McKeon isn’t much in passing game but a solid blocker
We aren’t getting much production out of TE like we have in the past. I like Ferguson but as much as people bash Gallup for drops, he has the same number of drops

conner01

Reaction score
Ok. I see now. Lewis is small and it looked like KM was targeting him. He played well against San Francisco but I like him as a fourth corner/dime. I just don’t know if Quinn will utilize Johnson correctly.
Quinn uses players at what they do best and that’s really his strength. The best argument to go get a CB is the fact Lewis and Gilmore are both FA next year. The issue is in order to pay guys like Micah, lamb, Diggs you need those picks to get cheaper option for as many positions as you can

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Quinn uses players at what they do best and that’s really his strength. The best argument to go get a CB is the fact Lewis and Gilmore are both FA next year. The issue is in order to pay guys like Micah, lamb, Diggs you need those picks to get cheaper option for as many positions as you can
I think next to left tackle, cornerback will also be addressed with a high pick.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With the trade deadline approaching, here is a list of positions that I see as needs if the Cowboys are going to make trades:

• Oline depth - the Cardinals game showed how our oline depth is. Plus, the blocking from our tackles has been suspect the last few games. So, this would be an area of need.
  • RB - Derrick Henry anybody? Pollard isn't an up the middle back. I'd see if we can package Dowdle with a pick for Henry.
  • LB - a team can never have enough LB depth.
  • CB - Bland has been excellent. Gillmore is solid. But, I would like either a slot CB or some depth at CB.
I think these are the big positions of need for our team heading into the trade deadline. If we can get at least one or two of these pieces in a trade, I'd be thrilled. It'd go a long way to trying to get over the hump.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree. It's funny how good he got by getting hurt and never playing in a real game. I love the potential and have high hopes for him, but the guy may never be a regular in this league for all we know. We have no idea what he is right now.
He’s the next Matt Johnson. The less he plays , the bigger the legend around his ability grows. :laugh:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t want him either.
Someone said something earlier that really hit home about Sam Williams for me. Tyrus Wheat was getting time at a position you'd think Sam Williams was made for.

Sam has his head elsewhere, I think. He has the physical potential to be just as great as Parsons, and is blowing it.

Last edited:

Elusiv1

Reaction score
This is the kind of thinking that needs to go on in Dallas. We could have had DJ Moore last year for a second rounder before the trade deadline. Instead , we have schoon. We need to be looking at bad teams and seeing if they have a player who we can plug and play to help this team across the finish line. It’s either that or need to be sellers bc rolling with what we got isn’t going to get us far in January.
I definitely agree!!!! There are plenty of guys on bad teams that definitely deserve a look..We just need a few pieces here and there!! I see you are in Atlanta, so am I!! Just outside south of Atlanta in McDonough, GA. I've been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years but I don't let these stupid Atlanta Falcons bother me!!lol ..28-3 and that usually shuts them up!!!Lmao

Cydios

Reaction score
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
I like Ertz.. we need help there

plymkr

Reaction score
Someone said something earlier that really hit home about Sam Williams for me. Tyrus Wheat was getting time at a position you'd think Sam Williams was made for.

Sam has his head elsewhere, I think. He has the physical potential to be just as great as Parsons, and is blowing it.
Dead on accurate. Williams needs to get off twitter and get his head straight before he loses his payday.

conner01

Reaction score
I think next to left tackle, cornerback will also be addressed with a high pick.
Certainly needs. I hope we do get a LT and leave smith at guard. I did like they didn’t move him outside this year when we had injuries. Let him develop at a position before trying him at another. I think we also need to look at a RB at some point this year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have questions about the fit for all these guys, no shade.

4. Is grabbing Ertz more beneficial than developing the 2 young TEs?
Since there's another thread that says we called about Ertz, my best answer is that losing Hendershot created more of a need for a deeper pass-catching TE. Both Ferguson and Schoonmaker seem to be blockers who are short to intermediate threats. Hendershot showed more ability to get downfield (at least last year). Now, I'm not sure Ertz is much of a downfield threat at this point in his career, though.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Give them a 1st and Deuce Vaughn……..anybody that been mentioned here as Darren Sproles incarnate , has to have a 2nd round value
Except for one team, no one in the NFL is stupid enough to think Vaughn has any value to an NFL team whatsoever. The “first” will do, keep Mr. Potato head.

Verdict

Reaction score
Only problem I see with a Davonte Adams move would be that they would want a first and a second round pick in the same way they got a first and a second for Cooper and we have other needs such as O-line help, our line has been concerning to me. RB as well.. Hell I don't know anymore!!lol
We just gave up a first for Cooper.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let’s trade Sam Williams instead of picks. Or Sam Williams and have it be a much lower pick. Trade Sam Williams for Foreman.
Too early, chap, to give up on Sam.
Why, in this age when a high-paid player can get 8 years to produce...