Trade candidates I like to see the Cowboys acquire

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Of all the RB's I have read about that can be a more downhill RB that we can trade for, how about picking up a RB that can be just that and who can also catch out of the back field that won't cost a single player or draft pick?

How about calling Leonard Fournette? Only 28yrs old, has 7 receiving TDs and 34 rushing TD's. He's 6 foot tall and 228lbs and fresh off the couch.
A better than decent rental to finish the year and it allows us to decision on what to do next year. We may possibly go a complete different direction next year at RB

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Of all the RB's I have read about that can be a more downhill RB that we can trade for, how about picking up a RB that can be just that and who can also catch out of the back field that won't cost a single player or draft pick?

How about calling Leonard Fournette? Only 28yrs old, has 7 receiving TDs and 34 rushing TD's. He's 6 foot tall and 228lbs and fresh off the couch.
A better than decent rental to finish the year and it allows us to decision on what to do next year. We may possibly go a complete different direction next year at RB
Is he is shape? Hasn’t that been his problem in the past?

Mannix

Reaction score
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
I definitely go after Outlaw Josey Jewel…should have drafted him.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Jewell probably the only one I could see as real help on the defense. On offense, if, and I say only if, they can be had for a reasonable price, then I would send a 4th to Arizona for James Conner RB who has a contract that runs through 2024 and provide an inside runner letting Pollard take those outside runs much better. And then, well, a 2025 2nd and Michael Gallup for Davonte Adams from Las Vegas, his contract is a bit much but he would be dynamic for the offense and free up Lamb. He probably would be just a 2 year guy due to his salary for 2025 and 2026.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jewell probably the only one I could see as real help on the defense. On offense, if, and I say only if, they can be had for a reasonable price, then I would send a 4th to Arizona for James Conner RB who has a contract that runs through 2024 and provide an inside runner letting Pollard take those outside runs much better. And then, well, a 2025 2nd and Michael Gallup for Davonte Adams from Las Vegas, his contract is a bit much but he would be dynamic for the offense and free up Lamb. He probably would be just a 2 year guy due to his salary for 2025 and 2026.
Zero chance we get Adams, not only the contract but the Raiders gave up 2 1st rd picks and they will be asking the same

Carson

Reaction score
Williams is going to take that Taco route. Will regret it when that $$$ dries up

Sandyf

Reaction score
What would you think if Jerry was willing to give up a 1st for Patrick Surtain, Jr CB from Denver?

Carson

Reaction score
At this point, is Jewell worth spending draft capital on over Evans? Evans is as good

Mr_437

Reaction score
Since there's another thread that says we called about Ertz, my best answer is that losing Hendershot created more of a need for a deeper pass-catching TE. Both Ferguson and Schoonmaker seem to be blockers who are short to intermediate threats. Hendershot showed more ability to get downfield (at least last year). Now, I'm not sure Ertz is much of a downfield threat at this point in his career, though.
Good info.
We all can see a need for a receiving TE. It's ashame Stephens got injured.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sold.

But it’s financially impossible. You won’t sign him, Parsons and CeeDee long term

Maybe we could get him with a 2nd round pick? Not like it'd go for much better use, knowing our history with 2nd round picks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let’s trade Sam Williams instead of picks. Or Sam Williams and have it be a much lower pick. Trade Sam Williams for Foreman.
We’re not going to be trading any draft picks. Although Sam Williams doesn’t look like he’s going to develop into a great player I can’t see us moving on from him. We lost Trevon Diggs to injury so we can’t lose another defensive player who’s helping us. Trading him for a draft pick isn’t going to help us this season. If we’re going to make a trade we need a player that’s going to help us this season.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Only problem I see with a Davonte Adams move would be that they would want a first and a second round pick in the same way they got a first and a second for Cooper and we have other needs such as O-line help, our line has been concerning to me. RB as well.. Hell I don't know anymore!!lol
They only got a 1st for Amari. Dallas didn't give up a 2nd.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Is he is shape? Hasn’t that been his problem in the past?
Good question but he was suppose to go see the Bills on Tuesday but didn't. There are a few teams asking for a meeting. Wouldn't hurt to also be calling for a meeting.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
I'm holding out for D. Henry...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The first 2 positions you listed the Cowboys have Diggs and Overshown coming back next year. So you want to spend a draft pick for a one year rental? And they just spend a 2nd on a TE 6 months ago.
Jerry, is that you?

“We like our guys.”

“We’ll get’’em next year.”

This team needs to both those sayings out the window. Focus on winning now, and get rid of underperforming or often injured players.