Trade Dak For Russel Wilson *Merged*

HungryLion

Reaction score
They're not idiots. They're just stuck without options, like many teams are. Elite QBs are so hard to find.

However, this is one of those opportunities to remedy that. They don't come often. I'm not sure they could pull it off, but they should be finding out in the background.

Dak is cheap, he got the Cowboys through the Romo injury, and he stood by Jerry through the anthem controversy. Jerry is intensely loyal to his players, especially great guys like Dak that tote the company line.

Look, I know there's a 1% chance Dallas even considers it, but they absolutely should.

Dallas would be the immediate favorite to win the NFC if they did.

I am not going to argue how much getting Russell would help. Russell Wilson is one of my favorite QB’s. He is a stud.

I just think that yes. It isn’t going to happen.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Honestly, he's NOT that much of an upgrade. He's probably a bit more accurate and more pocket awareness. I'd stay with Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rumors is Seattle is taking calls for Russell Wilson. Starting price 3 number 1's. Contract wise him and Dak will not be that far apart in salary? Would you like this team to pull the trigger on this deal?
I’d give up one #1 if we had it. Throw in Dak and a couple other picks and or players but not more than one #1.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't give up 3 1sts for any player. Put a face on those 1sts, Martin, Yosemite and Vander Esch.

I would consider a 1st and Prescott for him because you put him behind a even decent OL and you've got something and the best deep ball thrower in the league. But what does that get SEA? A QB that wants almost as much and isn't as good? Add to that his wife wants to go to NY, not Dallas.

If NYG pulls this off, I think we're going to be really happy Beckham is in CLE. Wilson is one of those QB's that lifts the players around him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Replace those three faces with Brady or Rodgers, and you can win a Super Bowl every year. You're in the conversation. Without one, you're just hoping for dumb luck.
Yep

And why the teams with the more Elite QB’s are usually in the conversation almost every year with few exceptions despite the players around them.

The rest of us are hoping for luck or we can surround a less than Elite QB with enough talent.

And why in today’s NFL I’d continue swinging for the fences for an Elite QB until you hit.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The second I saw the title that Wilson is demanding a raise by April 15th I knew this thread was coming.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Replace those three faces with Brady or Rodgers, and you can win a Super Bowl every year. You're in the conversation. Without one, you're just hoping for dumb luck.

So, you think Brady could have kept it up all these years without the top draft picks keeping the overall team strong?

And what about Wilson - was the Seahawks championship based on his 3357 passing yards and 26 passing TD's, or was it on the running game and the defense?

The team as a whole does matter.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Rumors is Seattle is taking calls for Russell Wilson. Starting price 3 number 1's. Contract wise him and Dak will not be that far apart in salary? Would you like this team to pull the trigger on this deal?
I think your onto something but your just a little off course. The Cowboys need to start building draft capital and when Trevor Lawrence comes out trade the 3 #1s to move up to draft him. You get him on rookie contract and you can stack the team around him. Wilson is gonna want too much money! Teams need to start low balling these QB contracts and if they dont like it start letting these guys walk because colleges are preparing these young QBs much much better than they have in the past.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You cant put a price on a top franchise QB. I like the way people think ohhh I wouldnt trade 3 picks. Essentially your really swapping 1s and giving up 2 #1 picks. Thats like trading Taco and Gregory for Andrew Luck!

Hadenough

Reaction score
So, you think Brady could have kept it up all these years without the top draft picks keeping the overall team strong?

And what about Wilson - was the Seahawks championship based on his 3357 passing yards and 26 passing TD's, or was it on the running game and the defense?

The team as a whole does matter.
You right! The team does matter and when one good team meets another good team the team with the better QB usually wins.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You right! The team does matter and when one good team meets another good team the team with the better QB usually wins.

But you have to have the team for that to matter, and organizations haven't built that kind of team buy trading away years worth of 1st round picks.

Besides, is that QB really Wilson anyway? Again, running game and defense is what won it all for the Seahawks - not Wilson's arm. The reality is that other than that a 2 season stretch where Seattle got to the Super Bowl, Seattle under Wilson has been no better than Dallas under Prescott. And, during that in that 2 season stretch Willson's passing stats were no better than Dak's. The Seahawks have actually done worse in recent years as they have had to rely more on Wilson's arm.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Was never a huge fan of Wilson either... So I wouldn't bother... But that is just my opinion.

KRochelli

Reaction score

Eh, maybe not. Brady makes 1/2 what he would anywhere else by choice and is an outlier. Rodgers hasn't sniffed a SB in years with that contract. How about Flacco, Eli, etc. after their big contracts. Brees got close last year, but look at the five before. Ryan got closest at one quarter away from one.

NFL is turning into a rookie qb window league. This is what the Eagles, Chiefs, Bears, Rams, Browns, etc. are all doing. Ironically, RW was part of that original strategy. At 35mm a year, more unlikely than not to bring another Lombardi to SEA.

Last edited: