Trade Dak For Russel Wilson *Merged*

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Thats exactly why the Cowboys need to gather ammo NOW to move up. This kid might be worth a Ricky Williams trade! But unlike Williams he would be worth the whole entire Cowboys draft selection!
Ammo does not matter if you can pick Lawrence. You pick him. Only a fool would trade the pick. This guy is a better prospect then Luck. Teams would suck for Luck. Imagine what they would do for Lawrence.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
With Dak being the "next great QB" and him being younger and cheaper than Wilson, surel the Seahawks would gladly just make that trade straight up, no?

Or surely, whatever compensation we gave for Wilson, some other team would be willing to also offer for Dak. Right?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Snowman will drop it off at Tony dorsett's house. I I think his foot is still recovering from the mirror
OK, first, you try to run with a bad toe.:huh:
Good lad. Steady, there, among the shelf ... Wind as she does ... 2 sheets to the star course. Guess I'll set a course and go.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Rumors is Seattle is taking calls for Russell Wilson. Starting price 3 number 1's. Contract wise him and Dak will not be that far apart in salary? Would you like this team to pull the trigger on this deal?
HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!

Did you see the Seahawks vs. Cowboys playoff game.

Do you know Dak has beaten Aaron Rodgers in GB, Big Ben in Pittsburgh, Drew Brees, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, and he beat Russell Maryland in playoffs.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Wilson isn’t going anywhere, this is just a false rumor.

The price is too high for the team getting him, and Seattle doesn’t draft well in the first round when they are not trading their 1st away for multiple later picks so it would be a bad trade for them as well.

Seattle usually “fouls off” their 1st and 2nd round picks.
They usually hit homeruns in the 3rd to 5th rounds when they hit on a pick.

HungryLion

Reaction score
In all seriousness. How often does a top 5 QB in their prime, get traded?

The Seahawks have a young, talented team that just made the playoffs last year. Why would they want to trade away their best player, rather than continue to build and try to get to a Super Bowl?

Trading Russell makes zero sense. He isn’t going to get traded over his contract. He is going to get paid. Just like every other elite QB does. He is top 5 in the lesgue for crying out loud. Teams don’t let guys like that go.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In all seriousness. How often does a top 5 QB in their prime, get traded?

The Seahawks have a young, talented team that just made the playoffs last year. Why would they want to trade away their best player, rather than continue to build and try to get to a Super Bowl?

Trading Russell makes zero sense. He isn’t going to get traded over his contract. He is going to get paid. Just like every other elite QB does. He is top 5 in the lesgue for crying out loud. Teams don’t let guys like that go.

Dak. What would you trade for Wilson as the Cowboys?

This is clearly hypothetical, as it wont happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak. What would you trade for Wilson as the Cowboys?

This is clearly hypothetical, as it wont happen.

I’m not that knowledgeable when it comes to trade valuation man.

That being said. I would give up a 2nd and 3rd this year and next years first.

Nothing more.

Honestly the whole question is really impacted by not having a first this year. Not having an immediate first rounder to give up, really forces you into unrealistic trade scenarios. No way a team trades any player of that caliber without getting a first rounder immediately.

A big reason for that is, why I recognize the importance of the QB position. I recognize football is a team sport. No QB, no matter how great wins it without help.

The fact I also think Dak is good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right team around him, also plays into that consideration as well. Dak needs more help than Russell would need, obviously. But still.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Was it Wilson or was it beastmode combined with a #1 defense. Wilson is a good QB but he wants too much money.
All. Russ made some clutch throws (see the 4th down TD to Kearse late in the 4th qtr) in the NFCCG against SF. They don’t play in XLVIII or XLIX without him.

Agree with the too much money part, but that is the market for top QB’s currently unfortunately.

CWR

Reaction score
HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!

Do you know Dak has beaten Aaron Rodgers in GB, Big Ben in Pittsburgh, Drew Brees, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, and he beat Russell Maryland in playoffs.

I like Dak plenty, but Seattle refused to put the ball in Wilson's hands that game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!

The Cowboys beat the Packers, Stealers, Saints, Eagles, Lions (not hard), and Russell Maryland?

Qbs don't beat Qbs.