Trade Dak For Russel Wilson *Merged*

CWR

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up 3 1sts for any player. Put a face on those 1sts, Martin, Yosemite and Vander Esch.

I would consider a 1st and Prescott for him because you put him behind a even decent OL and you've got something and the best deep ball thrower in the league. But what does that get SEA? A QB that wants almost as much and isn't as good? Add to that his wife wants to go to NY, not Dallas.

If NYG pulls this off, I think we're going to be really happy Beckham is in CLE. Wilson is one of those QB's that lifts the players around him.

Agreed, only good thing is NY losing 3 first round picks and immediately burning a ton of cap space.

erod

Reaction score
Eh, maybe not. Brady makes 1/2 what he would anywhere else by choice and is an outlier. Rodgers hasn't sniffed a SB in years with that contract. How about Flacco, Eli, etc. after their big contracts. Brees got close last year, but look at the five before. Ryan got closest at one quarter away from one.

NFL is turning into a rookie qb window league. This is what the Eagles, Chiefs, Bears, Rams, Browns, etc. are all doing. Ironically, RW was part of that original strategy. At 35mm a year, more unlikely than not to bring another Lombardi to SEA.
If not for horrific officiating, the Super Bowl would have been Brady and Brees.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Seahawks have actually done worse in recent years as they have had to rely more on Wilson's arm.
Thats why I wouldnt trade for Wilson. I would only trade for a QB that is that pure pocket passer who is deadly accurate. QBs dont win SBs by running themselves.

Hadenough

Reaction score
NFL is turning into a rookie qb window league. This is what the Eagles, Chiefs, Bears, Rams, Browns, etc. are all doing. Ironically, RW was part of that original strategy. At 35mm a year, more unlikely than not to bring another Lombardi to SEA.
Bingo! And this is exactly why I dont want to see Dallas commit to Dak! If you have an elite QB than you still have a chance after he gets a big contract but if you have a mid tier QB that gets big money means the team has about as much of a chance of winning a SB as hitting the lottery.

Hadenough

Reaction score
the Eagles, Chiefs, Bears, Rams, Browns,
One thing about all those teams you mentioned. They all have QBs that are capable of backing off a defense with their arm. Its interesting because all those teams have better vegas odds at winning a SB than Dallas. Even the Vikings, Packers and Colts have better odds which is understandable because they have better QBs.

NFL Future Odds

Odds to win 2019-20 Super Bowl LIV (2/2/20)
Team Odds
New England Patriots 6/1
Kansas City Chiefs 8/1
Los Angeles Rams 8/1
New Orleans Saints 11/1
Cleveland Browns 15/1
Indianapolis Colts 16/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Chicago Bears 20/1
Green Bay Packers 22/1
Minnesota Vikings 22/1
Dallas Cowboys 25/1

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Next 4 years with this roster, would you rather.....

Pay Dak $28 million per year?

Or

Pay Wilson $32 million per year?

I'd keep Dak. Much younger & played great once Cooper arrived. His OL will be better this coming season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think your onto something but your just a little off course. The Cowboys need to start building draft capital and when Trevor Lawrence comes out trade the 3 #1s to move up to draft him. You get him on rookie contract and you can stack the team around him. Wilson is gonna want too much money! Teams need to start low balling these QB contracts and if they dont like it start letting these guys walk because colleges are preparing these young QBs much much better than they have in the past.
The only way any team let alone the Cowboys are getting Lawrence in 2021 draft is if you have the 1st pick in the draft. No team is trading that pick. Word is Lawrence would be the number 1 pick if he could come out now.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think your onto something but your just a little off course. The Cowboys need to start building draft capital and when Trevor Lawrence comes out trade the 3 #1s to move up to draft him. You get him on rookie contract and you can stack the team around him. Wilson is gonna want too much money! Teams need to start low balling these QB contracts and if they dont like it start letting these guys walk because colleges are preparing these young QBs much much better than they have in the past.
The only way any team let alone the Cowboys are getting Lawrence in 2021 draft is if you have the 1st pick in the draft. No team is trading that pick. Word is Lawrence would be the number 1 pick if he could come out now.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Thats exactly why the Cowboys need to gather ammo NOW to move up. This kid might be worth a Ricky Williams trade! But unlike Williams he would be worth the whole entire Cowboys draft selection!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He did put it down.
Now poor Michael Irvin is going to have to drive all over the Metroplex to find a dumpster into which to dispose it!
The Snowman will drop it off at Tony dorsett's house. I I think his foot is still recovering from the mirror

InTheZone

Reaction score
Rumors is Seattle is taking calls for Russell Wilson. Starting price 3 number 1's. Contract wise him and Dak will not be that far apart in salary? Would you like this team to pull the trigger on this deal?
If Dak is worth what some claim he is then I see no reason why we can't package him and a late 2020 draft pick