Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

Ken

Reaction score
you wouod get a haul for Dak and i believe he may be open to leaving as he looked much diferent after this last loss...but you need to move all of the core because they are all in the "28 year" quicksand and you can see it on their faces...
Not sure about everyone...but I am all for letting most of our FA's go and bringing in an infusion of fresh blood. Also improving some of the hangers-on that have not done a thing the last couple of years.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Who are you going to replace him with!! That's the question they love to ask lol
It’s a serious question. Skids were in a huge hurry to try and replace captain kirk and how’s that been going for them.

Swagger

Reaction score
Problem is that he seems delusional regarding his ability and in reality only weaker teams than the Cowboys might be interested in him. The Falcons being the best team I see possibly having an interest.

Zordon

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save over 34M on the 2024 cap.

There are GMs & Head Coaches that would give up significant draft capital for Dak.
- They're #1 goal is to keep their job longer and 12 win seasons will do that for teams that have not had winning seasons recently.
- Many GMs/HCs might be fired before they can draft and develop a 12 win QB.

Trey Lance has excellent physical talent. Almost all top QBs picked top 10 get more opportunities than he did in SF.
- GB's QB looked like a Deer in the Headlights when he started a game as a rookie.

I've studied all of the games that Trey Lance has played in the NFL including 4 starts and preseason games.
- His primary problem is over-confidence in his ability to fit the ball into tight windows.
- Reminds me of when Farve was in Atlanta.

In this era of power running QBs like Hurts and Josh Allen, Lance has a similar running style.
- Obviously not quite Josh Allen but I think he can do anything that Hurts can do as a runner.
- I've seen him flatten NFL Safeties and power thru a couple of well know LBs.

Lance always looked confiident.
X, are you off the Dak bandwagon too?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Raiders
Chicago
Falcons
Patriots
Seattle
Commanders
Giants
AZ

Dak has to like at least ONE of them,right? One? Please?

Adreme

Reaction score
you would get a haul for Dak and i believe he may be open to leaving as he looked much diferent after this last loss...but you need to move all of the core because they are all in the "28 year" quicksand and you can see it on their faces...
Not after June 1 as most rosters are locked in at that point. You would have to do it early in the offseason and just eat the dead cap hit which would make sense as you are almost certainly blowing up the team and trading most of the core at that point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not after June 1 as most rosters are locked in at that point. You would have to do it early in the offseason and just eat the dead cap hit which would make sense as you are almost certainly blowing up the team and trading most of the core at that point.
There are few teams that wouldn't upgrade their QB anytime they could...like Dak or not he has huge value in this league, most GM's in the league 100% understand what the problem in Dallas is and would be happy to take our "Broken" QB as an upgrade...

Adreme

Reaction score
You seriously think a team like Atlanta wouldn't have traded for a QB in June? This is a silly point.
I think that you would be offering Dak for a 3rd or a 2nd and hoping that they are willing to take it as opposed to multiple 1s pre draft though even that is tough because the QB can choose his destination which dramatically lowers the value you get back.

kevm3

Reaction score
Who exactly is going to coach up the new QB? We're going to have to hope we've drafted Aaron Rodgers 2.0 because we'll be bringing him onto a team with a limited O-line, no run game and a defense that completely disappears in the playoffs. Better hope he can drop 50 points against some of the toughest defenses in the league. I know he'll be thrilled that we take another tight end when there's gaping holes in the O-line.

Adreme

Reaction score
There are few teams that wouldn't upgrade their QB anytime they could...like Dak or not he has huge value in this league, most GM's in the league 100% understand what the problem in Dallas is and would be happy to take our "Broken" QB as an upgrade...
Teams have already drafted and built there rosters specifically the QB room. Any team with an honest chance to contend would have neither the cap space nor the hole at the most important position to go and make a move like that because after June 1 teams are sitting with 10m in cap space if you are lucky.

Adreme

Reaction score
It’s a serious question. Skids were in a huge hurry to try and replace captain kirk and how’s that been going for them.
I am sure they will eventually get the right QB any year now. It is not as though there are teams that spend over a decade drafting a QB over and over and over stuck in QB purgatory... oh wait.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think that you would be offering Dak for a 3rd or a 2nd and hoping that they are willing to take it as opposed to multiple 1s pre draft though even that is tough because the QB can choose his destination which dramatically lowers the value you get back.
That doesn't make any sense.

You could just as easily say that the price is higher in June because a team would be desperate for a QB if they whiffed in the draft. You'd effectively be adding Dak to the draft class.

Mark

Reaction score
Dak will waive it if hes not wanted here and the situation is right for him

He would be stupid to stay here and be the loser that he is. He would be worshipped somewhere like Chicago
It's going to tough to move that personalized half-football field installed at his house.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak will waive it if hes not wanted here and the situation is right for him

He would be stupid to stay here and be the loser that he is. He would be worshipped somewhere like Chicago
Y’all overrate what people think of y’all fans lol. He knew y’all hated him last time. For 40 million a year id play here too h lol. Romo knew it to and didn’t care.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'd love to move on and turn the page, but we know it's not happening. If Jerry is running it back with this coaching staff.......he's running it back with this QB.