Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

Redline360

Reaction score
lol the thing is thats just ONE example and with a MUCH LESSER QB... your kidding yourself if you think other GM's dont know what the problem is in Dallas....They would gladly take our "Problem QB" ask them how many would take our HOF GM?/?
Then have at it. Every GM and owner knows Jerry sold his soul to the devil however Dak has also been on of the "big" problems in the postseason. Can't be denied at this point.

Like I said if he played average/good but the team eventually lost its a different story but not when he's a huge factor in those **** shows

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then have at it. Every GM and owner knows Jerry sold his soul to the devil however Dak has also been on of the "big" problems in the postseason. Can't be denied at this point.

Like I said if he played average/good but the team eventually lost its a different story but not when he's a huge factor in those **** shows
But thats the issue, its like saying "No one would trade for Micah because he doesnt show up in the playoffs" when we both know most GM's would expect the HC to have a good player ready to play...

Redline360

Reaction score
But thats the issue, its like saying "No one would trade for Micah because he doesnt show up in the playoffs" when we both know most GM's would expect the HC to have a good player ready to play...
While I agree Parsons hasn't really played up to his normal self in the playoffs but two entirely different situations. I think he's simply just worn down bring misused all season. You could tell he worn out late into the regular season.

Parsons is a game changer and is actively schemed agaisnt and accounted for on every play. While his numbers don't pop on paper he's eating double teams and the occasional triple team. You need the others to step up and make plays.

Dak on the other hand teams are actively and publicly mocking the cowboys saying he's going to fold like laundry when it's on his shoulders.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
While I agree Parsons hasn't really played up to his normal self in the playoffs but two entirely different situations. I think he's simply just worn down bring misused all season. You could tell he worn out late into the regular season.

Parsons is a game changer and is actively schemed agaisnt and accounted for on every play. While his numbers don't pop on paper he's eating double teams and the occasional triple team. You need the others to step up and make plays.

Dak on the other hand teams are actively and publicly mocking the cowboys saying he's going to fold like laundry when it's on his shoulders.
ok come on man one is second- third in DPOY and the other is second in MVP for how they played in the regular season..other GM's dont have bias against players they use real tangible facts to determine how to build a team...not one would think "Man he can play but not in January" it doesnt make sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
As a Dak Stan, I think something is cooking behind the scenes. Nobody on the team is defending Dak. He has been quiet. The front office is not saying a thing. There is no way the Cowboys can extend Dak with all this negativity. France won’t take a hometown discount in negotiations. CeeDee and Parsons want their extensions this offseason. It’s going to be a circus and the Joneses will benefit from the drama as usual.
Exactly what I'm thinking. There just appears to be some goings on behind the scenes. I'm not sure what.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, and being on the other side of the fence from you, hopefully, I agree with you. They have been very quiet regarding Dak. There is no noise from the organization at all and Dak's camp is in witness protection.

It all feels like they are trying to get a feel for everything that is going on not only in the media but around the team. I wouldn't be surprised if they are meeting with MM and players like CD and Micah, two players they are planning to invest heavily in for the future, to get their thoughts. It seems they are taking their time and hopefully weighing all options. Maybe some other teams have inquired about him, sensing there may be some uncertainty about their plans for him...
Nate, you finally have sensible post concerning Dak. :thumbup: Just Kidding you. The Joneses have to be looking at what is going on with Russ, Hurts, and Watson. You can’t pay good quarterbacks elite money when you have to pay two elite talents like CeeDee and Parsons. I would rather sign CeeDee and Parsons then pay Dak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If you're going to do it, just trade / release him pre-June 1 and manage the entire dead money hit in 2024.

Come to terms that you're going to have an off year in 2024, but will be in a prime position to comeback in 25' with a new QB--hopefully with some picks and a decent cap situation.

Redline360

Reaction score
ok come on man one is second- third in DPOY and the other is second in MVP for how they played in the regular season..other GM's dont have bias against players they use real tangible facts to determine how to build a team...not one would think "Man he can play but not in January" it doesnt make sense.
Tangible facts...

Dak sucks in the postseason. As a GM I'm not going with someone who folds in the post season and has been a huge part in the disappointment.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tangible facts...

Dak sucks in the postseason. As a GM I'm not going with someone who folds like laundry in the playoffs.
so does every other Cowboy player thats my point...other GM's dont believe we have 53 players who are great but suck in January..they know what the issue is in Dallas...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Exactly what I'm thinking. There just appears to be some goings on behind the scenes. I'm not sure what.
Sadly we know what is going on with the Joneses. They are milking the headlines so the Cowboys will continue to lead sportscenter. While Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons will take the public relations hits. Wait until the Pro Bowl in two weeks. If all three guys show, the Cowboys will be the talk of the weekend.

kskboys

Reaction score
This will offend many people who think Dak is cut-worthy because "no one could possibly want him".

As I have been saying, you would get a haul similar to what we have seen other QBs traded for in recent years.

The ONLY reason I would support moving on from Dak is if we get significant compensation and bc I like the potential that Lance represents.
Gawdawmighty, I've been trying to tell people that. Dak is worth a 1st plus. Might even get 2, or even 3 firsts. No matter if you think he's top 5 or in the 10-15 range, his ilk of QB is hard to find. INDY, MINNY VEGAS, NE, PITT, CLEV, NO, NYJ, DEN, there are a ton of QB needy teams out there. Even NYG or SEA. IMO it's foolish to think he wouldn't bring significant compensation. Notice I left out WASH and CHI. I have zero doubt that they'll be taking a QB 1 and 2.

Reactions: Ken

kskboys

Reaction score
Sadly we know what is going on with the Joneses. They are milking the headlines so the Cowboys will continue to lead sportscenter. While Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons will take the public relations hits. Wait until the Pro Bowl in two weeks. If all three guys show, the Cowboys will be the talk of the weekend.
I'm pretty sure it'll be the SOSS. (Same Ol S@#$## Show)

kskboys

Reaction score
Nate, you finally have sensible post concerning Dak. :thumbup: Just Kidding you. The Joneses have to be looking at what is going on with Russ, Hurts, and Watson. You can’t pay good quarterbacks elite money when you have to pay two elite talents like CeeDee and Parsons. I would rather sign CeeDee and Parsons then pay Dak.
If you're going to dump Dak, prolly have to trade all 3 and use the proceeds to rebuild.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you're going to dump Dak, prolly have to trade all 3 and use the proceeds to rebuild.
yes and get out from the old OL's for anything you can and DLaw....turn the core over and hope they can break through the GM's problems early..once they start losing it seems there is no comming back from it here..the culture is not gonna change the players have to win before the culture gets to them.