Trade Deadline - RB? Ingram?

roughneck266

Reaction score
Hard to do when your best RB is on the bench. To me we haven't seen enough of the back ups to know how they would do with 20 carries. If that ends up being not that great then we go back to Romo's shoulders. I don't think that would work out all that well.

Look I know Randle isnt Murray, my point was he doesnt need to be for the team to win. Its very nice to have this running game, but a great deal of it is due to the Oline in my opinion. I dont for one second believe that Randle can sustain the same load, but he is still a running back and he will not be on the bench at the same time Murray is.

Eddie

Reaction score
I would trade Murray for two first round picks, and then trade a mid rounder for Ingram.

:)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really think it would be smart to trade a mid-round 2015 pick for a RB this year. We can win now, and need a contingency for the RB position I believe.

What about Mark Ingram or someone along those lines?

Ingram was actually suggested in this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...des-wed-love-to-see-before-nfl-trade-deadline

Who else would you consider?

So trade away a pick for a RB who isn't really anything more special then the guys we already have behind Murray?

If Murray is hurt we can pull Ryan Williams up and I think he would give us just as much, or more, than Ingram would and we don't have to give up a draft pick for that production.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sorry, im not a williams believer. theres a reason he's on the PS and not on a team. period.

I agree, at this stage the coaches do not feel he is ready or he would be on the 53 instead of Randle and Dunbar. At this stage not willing to put hope into a PS player any more than the other PS players.

conner01

Reaction score
not sure why you would trade for a rb and then have to sign him when you have murray to sign.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
there will be a reason to fix what is broken potentially later...and at that point, there wont be parts available to fix it

Understand but imo there is depth already there. What has Ingram done to warrant a mid round pick? They have been talking about him breaking out since he was drafted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It could make sense if you could get him for a mid round pick. You have to ask yourself, what will you spend on a RB in the next draft? I think that if the team can't sign Murray, then they will probably be looking at drafting a RB in the next draft. If you could get a decent RB for a pick you would spend in the draft next year anyway, then it does make some sense but only if you could work out a deal. Ingam, or whomever, would have to be willing to sign long term and we would have to have the cap available to work out that deal. Do we have that?

I think Ingram would work well in our offense as well but having said that, there are lots of FA backs available next off season. The market for those backs will not be lucrative IMO. At least three very quality backs coming into the draft next year and some under the radar guys as well. Murray will get the biggest contract so the market goes down from there. With a lot of FA backs available, you have to believe that a guy like Ingram, who has the opportunity to come to an offense like ours, in a market like ours, could be attractive. You would think but you never know.

I can see where a trade like that could be beneficial but either way, I think Dallas has options at RB. It would have to be a good deal for the Cowboys or no reason to do it IMO.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind it- a 4th is too high.

Offer a 6th- if they do it great if not, oh well.

Primetime42

Reaction score
This would make sense if Murray had an injury that would knock him out for a certain amount of time.

Otherwise, no.

joseephuss

Reaction score
there will be a reason to fix what is broken potentially later...and at that point, there wont be parts available to fix it

Then they should also trade for a wide receiver as well in case Dez Bryant gets hurt. Or trade for a QB in case Romo gets injured. Sometimes you just reach a point where you can't fix or prevent every bad thing that is going to happen to a team. You have to go forward with what you have and try not to screw up future drafts by making too many moves now.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Then they should also trade for a wide receiver as well in case Dez Bryant gets hurt. Or trade for a QB in case Romo gets injured. Sometimes you just reach a point where you can't fix or prevent every bad thing that is going to happen to a team. You have to go forward with what you have and try not to screw up future drafts by making too many moves now.

while true...we all know a RB typically takes the most punishment and has the highest chance for injury...thats why i think you start there.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
It could make sense if you could get him for a mid round pick. You have to ask yourself, what will you spend on a RB in the next draft? I think that if the team can't sign Murray, then they will probably be looking at drafting a RB in the next draft. If you could get a decent RB for a pick you would spend in the draft next year anyway, then it does make some sense but only if you could work out a deal. Ingam, or whomever, would have to be willing to sign long term and we would have to have the cap available to work out that deal. Do we have that?

I think Ingram would work well in our offense as well but having said that, there are lots of FA backs available next off season. The market for those backs will not be lucrative IMO. At least three very quality backs coming into the draft next year and some under the radar guys as well. Murray will get the biggest contract so the market goes down from there. With a lot of FA backs available, you have to believe that a guy like Ingram, who has the opportunity to come to an offense like ours, in a market like ours, could be attractive. You would think but you never know.

I can see where a trade like that could be beneficial but either way, I think Dallas has options at RB. It would have to be a good deal for the Cowboys or no reason to do it IMO.

i completely agree.

my #1 thing is, I think at 6-1, you need to plan on contingencies for going all the way. With or without Murray. If he gets injured, I want us to be able to keep going and not get stopped dead in our tracks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's not injured right now so therefore he's proven you wrong.

The season isn't over yet. So he hasn't proven that. Remember, Murray has played 13 games in his rookie year, 10 in his second year and 14 in his third year. I think we have to wait until the season is over before we have proof that he has proven people wrong about his durability.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He is a free agent after the season. If they want him next year, they can sign him as free agent.