Trade Deadline - RB? Ingram?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's the same cost either way. If they traded a pick for him that pick is totally just to get him for this season.

Not necessarily. You can't know what the FA market will dictate in the off season. If you believe that a more favorable deal can be made now, then that's an advantage. If he hits the open market and he becomes a hot FA, then that could effect what you pay. As I said before, it would have to be a deal that is advantageous to the club now, in order for the team to make a trade.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The season isn't over yet. So he hasn't proven that. Remember, Murray has played 13 games in his rookie year, 10 in his second year and 14 in his third year. I think we have to wait until the season is over before we have proof that he has proven people wrong about his durability.

Your right he has to prove that his durable. But if he can prove that he is durable pay the guy his money and give him a contract. He earned it. I don't want AD here with his baggage and he's gonna want even a bigger paycheck. I don't want other runningbacks on other team. Too risky. I want Murray and the productivity that he brings to the table. He's the complete back. He can block and catch and carry the ball 25 times a game. He makes this team so much better than what it is and he's the reason why were winning.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Your right he has to prove that his durable. But if he can prove that he is durable pay the guy his money and give him a contract. He earned it. I don't want AD here with his baggage and he's gonna want even a bigger paycheck. I don't want other runningbacks on other team. Too risky. I want Murray and the productivity that he brings to the table. He's the complete back. He can block and catch and carry the ball 25 times a game. He makes this team so much better than what it is and he's the reason why were winning.

Well, I don't want AD here either. I doubt very seriously AD comes because AD will be in a similar situation with regards to running backs. Running backs don't generally command the big contracts later in their career.
And I don't think Murray is the reason we're winning. I think it's a better offensive line. That's the reason we're winning. Murray plays a part in that, but don't underestimate the offensive line. The Giants rode a bunch of running backs to Super Bowl wins on the strength of their offensive line.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
lol people complain about escobar, beasley, and dunbar not getting enough touches, now we're going to add another mouth to feed? this offense is perfectly fine. they need to find ways to upgrade the defense and special teams without sacrificing the future.

LOL @mouth to feed. Terrence Williams did say he was trying to eat.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The season isn't over yet. So he hasn't proven that. Remember, Murray has played 13 games in his rookie year, 10 in his second year and 14 in his third year. I think we have to wait until the season is over before we have proof that he has proven people wrong about his durability.

This is my point about the whole thread....if we are making a run (and I believe we are), then we're talking 20+ games? Why should I gamble and rely on someone thats never made it past 14. I dont like that

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well, I don't want AD here either. I doubt very seriously AD comes because AD will be in a similar situation with regards to running backs. Running backs don't generally command the big contracts later in their career.
And I don't think Murray is the reason we're winning. I think it's a better offensive line. That's the reason we're winning. Murray plays a part in that, but don't underestimate the offensive line. The Giants rode a bunch of running backs to Super Bowl wins on the strength of their offensive line.

I don't underestimate the offensive line. But people here think we can just plug in anyone and all will be rosie. I totally disagree. Murray is a very good runningback and has been productive even without the oline that we have now. He's averaged over 5 yards a carry throughout his career and he didn't have this oline when he was a rookie.

Having a good runningback like Murray with this oline makes our team even more deadly. Right now I won't take any of the other team's runningbacks over Murray. Murray does it all. He can block and catch. Most importantly, he makes defenses gameplan for him. I don't see any other runningback right now do that to a defense. Because Murray commands that type of respect from defenses it allows the others on offense to become even more deadly. When you see Romo go for play action you can thank Murray and our running game for that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is my point about the whole thread....if we are making a run (and I believe we are), then we're talking 20+ games? Why should I gamble and rely on someone thats never made it past 14. I dont like that

Because Murray is one major reason why were making a run. Your not gambling on him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Having a good runningback like Murray with this oline makes our team even more deadly. Right now I won't take any of the other team's runningbacks over Murray. Murray does it all. He can block and catch. Most importantly, he makes defenses gameplan for him. I don't see any other runningback right now do that to a defense. Because Murray commands that type of respect from defenses it allows the others on offense to become even more deadly. When you see Romo go for play action you can thank Murray and our running game for that.

I'd probably take Jamaal Charles over Murray, though JC has a history of being injury prone. But JC would be a terror in the passing game coming out the backfield. McCoy isn't sturdy enough, IMO. I don't know if he could/can carry the rock as much as DM. Lacy would be an absolute bruiser behind this line, but he takes too many shots to the head for some reason. Marshawn Lynch would be Beast Mode two times over behind this line. And I think Levon Bell would do pretty well also.

Truth be told, there really aren't that many top backs in the league now. And that speaks to the value of running backs in the NFL.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'd probably take Jamaal Charles over Murray, though JC has a history of being injury prone. But JC would be a terror in the passing game coming out the backfield. McCoy isn't sturdy enough, IMO. I don't know if he could/can carry the rock as much as DM. Lacy would be an absolute bruiser behind this line, but he takes too many shots to the head for some reason. Marshawn Lynch would be Beast Mode two times over behind this line. And I think Levon Bell would do pretty well also.

Truth be told, there really aren't that many top backs in the league now. And that speaks to the value of running backs in the NFL.

LOL JC is injury prone as well. Why do you want him? Think about it....you want to get rid of Murray who you said is injury prone and you want to replace him with another injury prone back? Honestly, I will still take Murray over JC. I don't think defenses would load the box to stop him from running. Lacy is overrated and doesn't have the vision like Murray. Marshawn Lynch quite possibly take him over Murray.

Truth be told there really aren't many top backs in the league now. Therefore, the more reason you try and keep Murray because he's a top back.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
which is why we're in this discussion. I do not trust randle to pretend to be murray should something happen.

So you want a back that can run the ball 20 or more times like Murray, can block like Murray, and can also catch like Murray right?

Guess what you want?

Demarco Murray.

John813

Reaction score
I would do a conditional pick depending on if we re-sign him. So a 6th if we do not re-sign him but give a 4th/5th if we do re-sign him.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
This is the only move this team is going to make at RB
With the 32nd pick in the 2015 draft the Dallas Cowboys select

111013_uga_football_03.JPG

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So you want a back that can run the ball 20 or more times like Murray, can block like Murray, and can also catch like Murray right?

Guess what you want?

Demarco Murray.

Of course we want Murray. The problem is that we may not be able to afford Murray. That's the issue for the Cowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is the only move this team is going to make at RB
With the 32nd pick in the 2015 draft the Dallas Cowboys select

111013_uga_football_03.JPG

No Guarantee he'll be there for us and to be honest, I don't see us using a 1st to take a RB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Of course we want Murray. The problem is that we may not be able to afford Murray. That's the issue for the Cowboys.

I think well be able to. Jerry just needs to be more frugal and wise in not breaking the bank just to sign him. If anything else they can tag him and make him repeat his results for next year.