Trade Lawrence for a second round pick

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team has been trying for years to get a legitimate pass rushing DE and you want to trade him? Unbelievable.
And you want to ruin the team put them in salary cap hell. Unbelievable I would trade him in a heartbeat

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team has been trying for years to get a legitimate pass rushing DE and you want to trade him? Unbelievable.
And you want to put the team in salary cap hell. Unbelievable. Weren't you the one complaining about his shoulder LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not going to put the team in salary cap hell. You’re just making stuff up to fit your agenda.
You just don't like being challenged. I totally disagree with your opinion

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not many people that know what they're talkin about want to overpay for Lawrence. If we get him at the right price fine if not I would have traded him last season. I bet you were with somebody that wanted to keep Dez Bryant also. Yeah people want to mimic the great Patriots but they don't want to do the Dirty Work

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My initial scenario was just about right on the money. Go back and read it educate yourself

Flamma

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be disappointing I would have traded him last year. I live in New England 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium I Have Been a Cowboy fan since Rodger Staubach in the military. But I truly believe in the Belichick Theory. Release the player before they even though it's going to happen. Actually trade them get full value

Yes. Like they did with WR Cooks. Dallas chose a different route. I can't solely place the blame on them because I don't think they envisioned a scenario where Tank would refuse a long term deal averaging 20 Mil.

Nobody wins in the Tank scenario. They need to just pay the guy or sign two decent vets and trade up for another DE

Can't trade him if he doesn't sign the tag. But you're right, Dallas needs to do one of the two. And considering how much Tank wants, I'm not so sure the 2nd option isn't better. Dallas already got Hyder. They need to get Quinn and go to a Voodoo priestess in regards to Gregory and Taco. The only difference I would suggest is to trade up for one of those DTs, like Williams or Oliver. But that would cost draft capital. I think that might be a better option over dumping all that money on Tank.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Be good be safe by Cowboy family I'm out go Cowboys. I no longer have expectations of failure with this team this is not the same old Cowboys. Youngest starting team in the league last season. Third-youngest overall. Come for the ride you might like it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. Like they did with WR Cooks. Dallas chose a different route. I can't solely place the blame on them because I don't think they envisioned a scenario where Tank would refuse a long term deal averaging 20 Mil.

Can't trade him if he doesn't sign the tag. But you're right, Dallas needs to do one of the two. And considering how much Tank wants, I'm not so sure the 2nd option isn't better. Dallas already got Hyder. They need to get Quinn and go to a Voodoo priestess in regards to Gregory and Taco. The only difference I would suggest is to trade up for one of those DTs, like Williams or Oliver. But that would cost draft capital. I think that might be a better option over dumping all that money on Tank.
Like they did with William McGinnis. How many first round draft picks did they stockpile with that scenario.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I actually think they can trade him even if he doesn't sign the franchise tag. And then we still retain first rights to get him back. That seems to be the scenario anyways lot of discussion on that today I don't know what the truth is

bcavi

Reaction score
If he doesn’t sign it and they never reach a deal, he likely just sits the year out because to him it’s about the principle of the thing.. No tag, no trade, no play, no money, nothing...

Tank is not a spring chicken and could not afford taking a year off in my opinion. I do not think this happens. A year older? He won't sniff 20 mil per. I see him just being released in the worst case scenario. Even now, I think Dallas is the only team that will come close to meeting his demands at the moment. His shoulder is not repaired, and it seems it would take months of rehab. The longer this goes on, it is working less and less in his favor, if Dallas sits on this last offer.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I wasn’t so quit making stuff up.
Go away hope I leave so you can make another comment. That's what I'm finding out about this new forum . people make comments and disappear

MaaS

Reaction score
Take the two second-round picks move up in the first round. Take a defensive tackle higher on the board. Probably going to lose him anyways. And if you stay with him, without middle pressure, all the quarterback needs to do is step up and your Edge rushers can't get there anyways. Just a thought

So the net of this:

We'd be trading DeMarcus Lawrence and our 2nd round pick for Dexter Lawrence and say 17 million in cap space.

I wouldn't do it. Trading our best defensive player and a 2nd for Dexter Lawrence (or insert other DT) and cash feels.... risky.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Everyone is saying Tank should get paid Mack like money. They have compared their stats and results. Very similar but yet we are only getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him? Puzzles me.

Mack was traded for

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.
Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

I don't think Tank is as good as Mack. But since everyone thinks they are close then the Cowboys should easily get:

1st '19. 2nd '20 and 4th in '19

Don't get this 2nd rounder business.
Who are all the people saying give him Mack money?

Angus12

Reaction score
Take the two second-round picks move up in the first round. Take a defensive tackle higher on the board. Probably going to lose him anyways. And if you stay with him, without middle pressure, all the quarterback needs to do is step up and your Edge rushers can't get there anyways. Just a thought
Awful, all around. First, you want to trade him for only a 2nd? Dumb. Then, you want to trade up in a draft that is deep in our need areas? Very dumb. This draft is very deep in Dline, safety, and tightend. And you want to make it so we end up without our best passrusher AND less draft picks? Super dumb.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Awful, all around. First, you want to trade him for only a 2nd? Dumb. Then, you want to trade up in a draft that is deep in our need areas? Very dumb. This draft is very deep in Dline, safety, and tightend. And you want to make it so we end up without our best passrusher AND less draft picks? Super dumb.
You're not going to get a first for him . the Colts would have given a first and a third I understand. But You Bet Your Life I would trade him for a second. Then I would take the two seconds and trade up for defensive tackle. And then I could spend the money elsewhere we're going to take a second round pick and probably get a defensive player. Why not get a great one. Your Edge Russia's unnotified without a great defensive tackle. How do you not understand that