Twitter: Trade Trey Lance away or keep him?

Adiba1977

Reaction score
If you extend dak. Try trade him for a 3rd. Maybe a team that didn’t get qb will bite. Maybe after few preseason games.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It was a crowded room and the elephant in the room was Lance.
yes, and now everybody can say he sucked. the guy has not had enough snaps in any of his QB career. Time will be the decider for him. If scouts had him so high in the draft they must have seen some raw talent in him.
I have not watched him, so I don't have any saying one way or the other.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
In Jerrys mind this counter acted the Cooper to Cleveland deal.
I think he liked that he was a number one pick and he could get him with a fourth-round pick. I see no problem using the pick. He has raw skills, he just needs the time to develop. I hope he does. Jerry has to hit on one someday and I am hoping this is the one.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yes, and now everybody can say he sucked. the guy has not had enough snaps in any of his QB career. Time will be the decider for him. If scouts had him so high in the draft they must have seen some raw talent in him.
I have not watched him, so I don't have any saying one way or the other.
Kid has all the physical attributes, only 23, nice prototype size and skillset just so very raw and just needed the right environment and SF was not that place when they decided on MR Irrelevant over the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 draft over him.
So still green, and if we can turn Romo and Dak into at least relevant starters, just think what we can do with this kid... lol kinda lol, more of a slight grin...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The C'boys' front office got Trey Lance as a possible safety net in the event that Dak isn't the guy they hoped he is. He represents desperation.
We"re going to learn what he's got to offer in training camp in the months ahead. Let's see if this FO's desperation pays off for a change! :grin:

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Kid has all the physical attributes, only 23, nice prototype size and skillset just so very raw and just needed the right environment and SF was not that place when they decided on MR Irrelevant over the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 draft over him.
So still green, and if we can turn Romo and Dak into at least relevant starters, just think what we can do with this kid... lol kinda lol, more of a slight grin...
yep, we need that QB builder Garrett back. /s o_O

some might even holler for Kitna to come train him or buttfumble guy. :D

Chasing6

Reaction score
i’m not a talent evaluator my man. he went 3rd overall due to his tools and abilities. “potential” lies in the fact that he’s been buried, not exposed
He went 3rd because Lynch is an idiot. He trumped what Shanahan wanted to do as the GM. Thankfully to Purdy, Lynch still has a job.

GM's fantasying about potential athletic QB's is a sickness. You must be a QB first and foremost and then an athlete second. They traded 3+ first round picks for potential???

When you trade that much draft capital you better be 100% correct and he needs to start day 1 and be immediately ready to make an impact.

We have seen the fad, fail over and over. Just look at Hurts, yes he had success early. Look at Jackson get exposed. Go back to Kaepernick same thing. When there is no tape on them it is hard to stop initially. It is sustainable especially with the injuries to running QB's.

They traded Alex Smith due to injuries. They traded Garoppolo because he kept getting hurt. Then you draft an athlete who can run, but does not know how to play the QB position and think he will not get hurt?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Trade Dak and roll with Lance.

I like the unknown Lance brings.
We would need to get two number ones a two and a three for Dak.

You could do the same thing with Micah

I'm thinking four number ones two number twos and two number three's that goes a really long way to rebuilding the team with a ton of young players on rookie contracts could get you over the top with Trey Lance at quarterback hard to say

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We would need to get two number ones a two and a three for Dak.

You could do the same thing with Micah

I'm thinking four number ones two number twos and two number three's that goes a really long way to rebuilding the team with a ton of young players on rookie contracts could get you over the top with Trey Lance at quarterback hard to say
You are being serious here, just checking in on you.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You are being serious here, just checking in on you.
Even though he cannot elevate a team in the playoffs he was in the conversation for MVP for a while. Lamar Jackson can't do it either but I don't think Baltimore would give him away cheap

If you're going to give him away for a ham sandwich you might as well not do the deal need some number one picks at least

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't know what they should do. Who knows if Lance got better working with McCarthy and being around Dak n Rush?

Just off the muscle, I'm keeping Trey unless a good offer comes across the table, and somebody competent besides Capboy answers the phone. TL was young n inexperienced someone will bet on his upside, but McCarthy has seen him for a season it's on him.

Adreme

Reaction score
they liked what they saw in Purdy, and the knew Darnold was happy learning as a backup so that left one guy out. That is what I remember being spouted.
Darnold and Lance competed for the backup job. Darnold won. When Shanahan told Lance he was 3rd string he asked to be traded. That was the story as reported and no one refuted any aspect of it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If they're trading him, that means the guy still cant play a lick. I'm hoping he actually develops into something and you keep him, whether Dak is re-signed or not.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
they liked what they saw in Purdy, and the knew Darnold was happy learning as a backup so that left one guy out. That is what I remember being spouted.
That line of nonsense was enough to get a 4th round pick from Jerry Jones. Apparently other teams employ great salesmen, as well.