Twitter: Trade Trey Lance away or keep him?

Merlin

Reaction score
I would keep Lance regardless. He got a different skill set than Dak.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
inexperienced but with potential fills the exact same need as experienced but terrible, but with actual potential upside. i'm not defending dallas trading for him, i thought it was it was a terrible move. but carson wentz has zero to do with his value moving forward.
Potential!!!, what potential? What's one thing he does well?

Proof

Reaction score
Potential!!!, what potential? What's one thing he does well?
i’m not a talent evaluator my man. he went 3rd overall due to his tools and abilities. “potential” lies in the fact that he’s been buried, not exposed

Chasing6

Reaction score
not true in the least, there is a temptation to find the next young QB who can thrive in the right system. Doesn't take too much to see why this is the growing trend, as it is coordinators...depending upon what happens with Dak we will have a better idea what the plan is, and either way he needs to play in the pre season
I disagree. Trey is an athlete not a QB. You don't become a QB playing 1 year in HS and 1 year in college. He has basically not played in 4 years.

So he played 1 year in HS and had a whopping 55 completions. Sat 2 years in college, then played one year. Then sat a year due to Covid and entered the draft.

Most QB's that get drafted played 4 years in HS and 3+ years in college.

There was not much interest in him last year, until Jeruh safed the day for the Niners. So sitting another year and his rookie salary going up to $5.3M is going to attract who exactly?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What is the trade market for Trey Lance?

Chasing6

Reaction score
why trade him move him up to the number 2, keep dak, let him learn, he'll be ready, correct, a plan like roger and love and even romo were. Waiting in the wings..
You can learn about the positions all you want. He has zero to little game experience including HS, College and now Professionally.

If it were only that easy to become a great QB by just sitting and watching.

Chasing6

Reaction score
why trade him move him up to the number 2, keep dak, let him learn, he'll be ready, correct, a plan like roger and love and even romo were. Waiting in the wings..
To save $5.3M. We are currently over the Cap.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Currently no higher than a 3rd. But probably at best a 4th/5th and that depends on how much teams are desperate for a young starting QB and how much potential they believe Lance to have. He could help himself out by working on his game in the offseason and then stepping up to play well during the preseason. And if he gets some regular season play and balls out there might be able to get traded for a higher draft pick. If the Cowboys decide to hang onto him for another season and trade him next season because they're looking to get Dak's replacement fresh out of the draft.
Why do you believe this? Where are you getting this info from?

exciter

Reaction score
Lance has the trade value of a box of used Kleenex… but hey, everyone is entitled to their delusions!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I disagree. Trey is an athlete, not a QB. You don't become a QB playing 1 year in HS and 1 year in college. He has basically not played in 4 years.

So he played 1 year in HS and had a whopping 55 completions. Sat 2 years in college, then played one year. Then sat a year due to Covid and entered the draft.

Most QB's that get drafted played 4 years in HS and 3+ years in college.

There was not much interest in him last year, until Jeruh safed the day for the Niners. So sitting another year and his rookie salary going up to $5.3M is going to attract who exactly?
that's why I said he has to play to try to salvage anything out of this, unless we just let Dak play things out...if he plays pre season and excels there will be market somewhere

Chasing6

Reaction score
that's why I said he has to play to try to salvage anything out of this, unless we just let Dak play things out...if he plays pre season and excels there will be market somewhere
Only way he plays is if we are in 100% rebuild mode and want a top 5 pick.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Only way he plays is if we are in 100% rebuild mode and want a top 5 pick.
If he is slotted as our backup in 2024 he will play every game in the pre-season...only problem is I believe Rush is still rostered

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i’m not a talent evaluator my man. he went 3rd overall due to his tools and abilities. “potential” lies in the fact that he’s been buried, not exposed
he was exposed in the time he had to show his potential. he was drafted 3rd overall because he can throw a mile, has pretty spiral and runs well and did well in small college scene. NFL was just too complicated and too big for him

Xeven

Reaction score
Would anyone want Lance? If he was good he would be playing. Not even our first backup.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You can always tell when a team ships off its top 5 overall pick two years ago for a 4th rounder that the market for the player will be huge the next year.
We like to go get our mail in our socks when it is snowing while bypassing warm snow boots on the way out the door.
Cowboys franchise has become a very reactive over proactive team, it's like watching coal transforming to diamonds at this point.