Trade Zeke

aria

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray smoked zeke’s best season by over 200 yards behind a similar O line, guess that means Murray is a better RB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re right, Saquon was injured and still had more ypc than zeke and more receiving yards than zeke. Zeke also had 3 fumbles, lost 2 and Barkley had 1 fumble and lost 0. Barkley’s longest run was 68 yards, zeke’s was 32. I’ve also brought up several other stats against zeke, O line is hardly the only one.

As for records...
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_3

The argument was never if zeke has been the most consistent back over the past 4 year, it was if he is the best running back in the league. When discussing who is a better RB, O line should certainly be taken into consideration and factored in, how could it not? Why is it any time zeke has a bad game then fans claim kt was the O lines fault and he didn’t have any room to run but that same excuse doesn’t apply to Barkley for EVERY game and other running backs?
You still haven't proven he hasn't been the best back in the league for the past 4 years though. And using YPC to determine how dominate someone is just as bad as using rushing yards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray smoked zeke’s best season by over 200 yards behind a similar O line, guess that means Murray is a better RB.
He didn't have a similar line though. That 2016 line was superior to what's out there now. 2014 and 2016 are the best performances by this offensive line.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You still haven't proven he hasn't been the best back in the league for the past 4 years though. And using YPC to determine how dominate someone is just as bad as using rushing yards.
That is called "cherry picking"...and people mock others for doing it while they do it themselves. Idiots.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't have a similar line though. That 2016 line was superior to what's out there now. 2014 and 2016 are the best performances by this offensive line.

What makes a "superior line" . How do you quantify that?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Demarco Murray was a good back...that fumbled in a CRITICAL time. If Zeke had done that you be beeching to no end about it.

aria

Reaction score
If you’re saying he’s been the best back in the league for the past 4 years, your are saying he’s been the best back every year, are you not?

aria

Reaction score
Ok, and Murray had over 200 more total rushing yards in 2014 than what zeke had in 2016 so according to you that is similiar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok, and Murray had over 200 more total rushing yards in 2014 than what zeke had in 2016 so according to you that is similiar.
Huh? When did I say that? I just said 2014 and 2016 lines were superior to what we had last year.

What makes a "superior line" . How do you quantify that?
Demarco would rarely if ever get tackled in the back field. He's not getting touched until he's at least 3 or 4 years from the line of scrimmage. That line was incredible.

If you’re saying he’s been the best back in the league for the past 4 years, your are saying he’s been the best back every year, are you not?
Now I'm saying when you add up his last 4 years its better than anyone else in the past 4 years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Demarco would rarely if ever get tackled in the back field. He's not getting touched until he's at least 3 or 4 years from the line of scrimmage. That line was incredible.

So you are saying the offense line rating is a product of the running back? "not getting tackled" ...can depend on the runner.

aria

Reaction score
Huh? When did I say that? I just said 2014 and 2016 lines were superior to what we had last year.

Now I'm saying when you add up his last 4 years its better than anyone else in the past 4 years.
I thought you were implying Murray had a much better O line when he destroyed zeke’s total yards. So we agree they had similar lines and Murray out rushed zeke by over 200 yards so going by total yards, which a lot of zeke supporters use to claim he is the best, then Murray was quite a bit better than zeke.

Ok, gotchya on the 4 years but then you could also say McCaffrey has been the best back for the past 2 years, Gore has been the best back for the past 15 years, etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He’s a transcendent player at top form (which for him starts about game 5 or 6), and we don’t have an adequate replacement. I actually like the guy in a way, and feel like he’d be a cool friend. But part if what makes him seem like able is his extremely laid back, happy go lucky mentality, which just keeps getting him into trouble. It’s constant! He’s an elite athlete, no doubt, but he doesn’t have elite (perhaps not even average) focus, drive, or hunger for winning. He might not get suspended for this “faded” thing, but he is in the news for something mildly or severely negative all the time, the threat of suspension is constantly over him, he’s already been suspended—which hurt the team a lot— and I think he’s likely to be suspended again at some point for something. He’s also only getting older, and the only way to mitigate the pace of Father Time at his demanding position is to have elite conditioning and elite training... which by now he clearly is not interested in doing.

At RB, a cheaper player only one or two tiers below him could be found. McCarthy’s scheme will not truly need or utilize his strengths as a ground and pound player anyway. I think the trade return we get for him and the cap savings would add up to a net benefit over the talent drop off at RB, especially given the relatively low importance of this position in modern NFL. The biggest benefit to the team, however, would be in removing the chaos, disruptions, and reliance on an unreliable player who’s out of shape for a quarter of the season even when he’s not suspended or potentially suspended.
I am for it lol, but it wont happen, the jones boys never trade good players, they go with them till they are bad and cant be traded.
They also think EE is reliable lol, and of course they have been thinking gregory could pass a drug test for years now! :lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought you were implying Murray had a much better O line when he destroyed zeke’s total yards. So we agree they had similar lines and Murray out rushed zeke by over 200 yards so going by total yards, which a lot of zeke supporters use to claim he is the best, then Murray was quite a bit better than zeke.

Ok, gotchya on the 4 years but then you could also say McCaffrey has been the best back for the past 2 years, Gore has been the best back for the past 15 years, etc.
You very well could say McCaffery has been the best back in the past 2 years. It you would have an argument.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The discussion on Murray/Zeke is really just nitpicking. Murray had more yards, but he also had more carries. It’s not really a question of being better or having a different O-Line for either of them. Murray’s 2014 and Zeke’s 2016 were both outstanding in their own right.

I agree that there is a strong case for McCaffrey being the best the last couple of years. He has certainly been more explosive than Zeke. But in the end it’s a plus for a team to have a player with the talents of either Zeke or McCaffrey. Barkley and a couple of others also have a place in the discussion.

aria

Reaction score
The discussion on Murray/Zeke is really just nitpicking. Murray had more yards, but he also had more carries. It’s not really a question of being better or having a different O-Line for either of them. Murray’s 2014 and Zeke’s 2016 were both outstanding in their own right.

I agree that there is a strong case for McCaffrey being the best the last couple of years. He has certainly been more explosive than Zeke. But in the end it’s a plus for a team to have a player with the talents of either Zeke or McCaffrey. Barkley and a couple of others also have a place in the discussion.
More carries, exactly! I’ve been waiting for someone to point that out, that’s exactly why zeke has had the most yards every year he won the title and according to some, that makes him clearly the best.

Anyways, I agree with everything you said, just nit picking ;)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More carries, exactly! I’ve been waiting for someone to point that out, that’s exactly why zeke has had the most yards every year he won the title and according to some, that makes him clearly the best.

Anyways, I agree with everything you said, just nit picking ;)
Stamina and ability to carry a workload do play a role in a discussion about who is the best, but they aren’t stand alone factors. There are a lot of factors that also have to be considered.

aria

Reaction score
Stamina and ability to carry a workload do play a role in a discussion about who is the best, but they aren’t stand alone factors. There are a lot of factors that also have to be considered.
Agreed but I also think the O line, again, is a large factor of stamina and carrying the workload. Guys like Barkley, or Bell with the Jets, or any other RB with a bad O line have to work a lot harder most games, and over the course of a season, just to get positive yards. They are also much more prone to injury.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
:lmao2:
He’s a transcendent player at top form (which for him starts about game 5 or 6), and we don’t have an adequate replacement. I actually like the guy in a way, and feel like he’d be a cool friend. But part if what makes him seem like able is his extremely laid back, happy go lucky mentality, which just keeps getting him into trouble. It’s constant! He’s an elite athlete, no doubt, but he doesn’t have elite (perhaps not even average) focus, drive, or hunger for winning. He might not get suspended for this “faded” thing, but he is in the news for something mildly or severely negative all the time, the threat of suspension is constantly over him, he’s already been suspended—which hurt the team a lot— and I think he’s likely to be suspended again at some point for something. He’s also only getting older, and the only way to mitigate the pace of Father Time at his demanding position is to have elite conditioning and elite training... which by now he clearly is not interested in doing.

At RB, a cheaper player only one or two tiers below him could be found. McCarthy’s scheme will not truly need or utilize his strengths as a ground and pound player anyway. I think the trade return we get for him and the cap savings would add up to a net benefit over the talent drop off at RB, especially given the relatively low importance of this position in modern NFL. The biggest benefit to the team, however, would be in removing the chaos, disruptions, and reliance on an unreliable player who’s out of shape for a quarter of the season even when he’s not suspended or potentially suspended.

McCarthy is well aware of the type of player Zeke is. He’s never had that kind of player maybe he did get one season from lacy where he pounded the rock and that was their offense. Stay calm lol no need to trading him.