Trade Zeke

aria

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter it’s Garrett’s playbook and I’m not naive enough to believe he doesn’t have say in play calling. Either way the play calling was inconsistent at best.

If Zeke hasn’t been the best back in the league the last four years then who is? Saquon? Leveon? Who? You’re discrediting the claim but aren’t saying who is.
I see, so now you’re ignoring what the facts say and what Jerry has said and what the fans said (when Moore was doing good) because you’re trying to prove a point?

If you think his play calling was inconsistent at best I’d hate to see what you think of our alleged savior Mike McCarthy because his offenses were much more inconsistent and he had a future HOF QB every time.

You keep saying zeke has been the best back in the league for 4 years but where does it end and stop? I would take McCaffrey hands down last year and Barkley the year before. I’d have to look at 2017 and yea, I would take zeke in 2016. I’ve never said he wasn’t a good RB, IMOF I’ve always said he was top 5 or 10 depending on the year but there are other RB’s doing more with a lot less.

Funny you bring up Leveon, what do you think would happen to zeke if he went to the Jets? Right now Barkley set records running behind one of the worst O lines in the league for 2 years, last year with a high ankle sprain, and he still averaged more yards per carry. Do you really think he wouldn’t have done more behind our O line than zeke did? C’mon now royc.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke cares more about white lines on a coffee table than he does the field. He is Randle with a tad more talent.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He’s a transcendent player at top form (which for him starts about game 5 or 6), and we don’t have an adequate replacement. I actually like the guy in a way, and feel like he’d be a cool friend. But part if what makes him seem like able is his extremely laid back, happy go lucky mentality, which just keeps getting him into trouble. It’s constant! He’s an elite athlete, no doubt, but he doesn’t have elite (perhaps not even average) focus, drive, or hunger for winning. He might not get suspended for this “faded” thing, but he is in the news for something mildly or severely negative all the time, the threat of suspension is constantly over him, he’s already been suspended—which hurt the team a lot— and I think he’s likely to be suspended again at some point for something. He’s also only getting older, and the only way to mitigate the pace of Father Time at his demanding position is to have elite conditioning and elite training... which by now he clearly is not interested in doing.

At RB, a cheaper player only one or two tiers below him could be found. McCarthy’s scheme will not truly need or utilize his strengths as a ground and pound player anyway. I think the trade return we get for him and the cap savings would add up to a net benefit over the talent drop off at RB, especially given the relatively low importance of this position in modern NFL. The biggest benefit to the team, however, would be in removing the chaos, disruptions, and reliance on an unreliable player who’s out of shape for a quarter of the season even when he’s not suspended or potentially suspended.
No.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Only because Jerry would lose his shirt, no one would be as dumb as him (other than the Giants) to give that much to a RB, especially with his history.
It's nice seeing you all jazzed up! Hope you're enjoying the day homie.

aria

Reaction score
It's nice seeing you all jazzed up! Hope you're enjoying the day homie.
I am, I’m under mandatory self quarantine for another week and getting paid for it. Hoping you’re enjoying your day as well.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I am, I’m under mandatory self quarantine for another week and getting paid for it. Hoping you’re enjoying your day as well.
Hope you get through it safe and sound bro.
Now back to the game.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Exactly my point... we can’t rely on him necessarily due to conditioning issues and off the field stuff makes it worse. He’s a heck of a player though when he gets going. I’m thinking that we could move him... not for a top 10 pick or even a first, but getting him out of here opens the road for a more dependable and affordable option.

Dependable...

he’s only ever missed games due to a bogus suspension that the league investigator itself recommended against.

outside that, he’s finished second in scrimmage yards in the NFL every single season. It literally doesn’t get more consistent than that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I see, so now you’re ignoring what the facts say and what Jerry has said and what the fans said (when Moore was doing good) because you’re trying to prove a point?

If you think his play calling was inconsistent at best I’d hate to see what you think of our alleged savior Mike McCarthy because his offenses were much more inconsistent and he had a future HOF QB every time.

You keep saying zeke has been the best back in the league for 4 years but where does it end and stop? I would take McCaffrey hands down last year and Barkley the year before. I’d have to look at 2017 and yea, I would take zeke in 2016. I’ve never said he wasn’t a good RB, IMOF I’ve always said he was top 5 or 10 depending on the year but there are other RB’s doing more with a lot less.

Funny you bring up Leveon, what do you think would happen to zeke if he went to the Jets? Right now Barkley set records running behind one of the worst O lines in the league for 2 years, last year with a high ankle sprain, and he still averaged more yards per carry. Do you really think he wouldn’t have done more behind our O line than zeke did? C’mon now royc.

What records did Barkley set?
Your only argument against Zeke is that he has a good line. You can't discredit talent because of the talent that's around them. You can't discredit Emmitt. You can't discredit Troy. You can't discredit Montana.

And you are proving my point. You'd take McCaffery one year. You'd take Saquon one year. Zeke has been consistently good. McCaffery was great last year. He was good the year before. Saquon has been injured. Nobody has been as consistent as Zeke.

Now in regards to Garrett.....its moot. He wasn't good was my point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
he was never worth that contract . Jerry was duped into paying it . Too late now . No one will pay him close to what the cowboys paid .
Big mistake by any franchise when you show that your willing to renegotiate a contract two years early, esp considering the position, RB.
Every paycheck collector start lining up,, Jerry going to pay you today.

basel90

Reaction score
how many players are worth their contracts? seriously worst narrative in sports when guys like Pulos making 200mil deals etc all players are overpaid , owners decide who gets the big deals and really zekes been one of our top 3 players since he came in the league , done nothing to be a disappointments post draft? heck no get over it hes durable means always available and very steady productive, and can be counted on..tell a RB who basically not only leads the league in carries since 2016 a few Rushing crowns only derailed 3 years in row by RG suspension, and is only the field more then any other SKILLED postion player in the league..count his SNSAPS , blocking, pass plays not catches like how many routes hes involved in, Zeke is being abused and deserves compensation regardless of the stigma of dont pay RBs..

whatever..

RBs like Zeke have more right to demand big money early because of their short careers, they are used up and thrown away, he was smart in getting his money NOW before he was tossed out like Murray... listen to APs rant, hes right maybe only 5 Rbs in the league fit that bill in a given career span but EE is one of them..

hes what the 4th on team in salary, thats too much? seriously get a clue..Dak , AC , and Tank do NOT deserve to be paid 40% more then Zeke yet they are, hRBs like him have the right to do what he did..
1- he has regressed each year , lost his burst , causing many losses especially last year , and don’t remember how he was shut down Vs the rams in the playoffs
2- many RBs can achieve these yards behind that OL
3- he has been foolish and had numerous negative headlines

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1- he has regressed each year , lost his burst , causing many losses especially last year , and don’t remember how he was shut down Vs the rams in the playoffs

:lmao2::lmao2:...like Joseph Randel

aria

Reaction score
What records did Barkley set?
Your only argument against Zeke is that he has a good line. You can't discredit talent because of the talent that's around them. You can't discredit Emmitt. You can't discredit Troy. You can't discredit Montana.

And you are proving my point. You'd take McCaffery one year. You'd take Saquon one year. Zeke has been consistently good. McCaffery was great last year. He was good the year before. Saquon has been injured. Nobody has been as consistent as Zeke.

Now in regards to Garrett.....its moot. He wasn't good was my point.
You’re right, Saquon was injured and still had more ypc than zeke and more receiving yards than zeke. Zeke also had 3 fumbles, lost 2 and Barkley had 1 fumble and lost 0. Barkley’s longest run was 68 yards, zeke’s was 32. I’ve also brought up several other stats against zeke, O line is hardly the only one.

As for records...
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_3

The argument was never if zeke has been the most consistent back over the past 4 year, it was if he is the best running back in the league. When discussing who is a better RB, O line should certainly be taken into consideration and factored in, how could it not? Why is it any time zeke has a bad game then fans claim kt was the O lines fault and he didn’t have any room to run but that same excuse doesn’t apply to Barkley for EVERY game and other running backs?

aria

Reaction score
I keep hearing it just takes zeke awhile to get going, that doesn’t seem like something the best RB in the league would need. Not to mention, it doesn’t look like he needed 5-6 games last year, some of his worst and most important games game AFTER 6 weeks. I’ve never seen one player get so many excuses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
WRONG Disagree go back to your Hole Troll.. Dak te reason , defense the reason , coaching the reason , Zeke 4th in why we lost games.. Zekes being game planned for in big games like the rams game and what happens when Dak has to step up? nothing happened , thats the issue.. player wants 35 mil and cant get it done yet zekes who BTW mad 11-, 12 his frist few years not 15 yet , thats kicks in with bonus money after this seasons start.. 35-15 hmm thats the issue..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2:...like Joseph Randel
Yes, like Randle, McFadden, Morris, Murray, Pollard. Literally everybody we put behind the line
:lmao2:

Fun fact Randle averaged an insane 6.7 yards per carry behind this line for a full season with over 50 Carries. You helped the other guy's point.

Last edited: