Twitter: Training Camp Practice #1 Thread

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 4m
Romo & @dezbryant ready to start work at Camp #Cowboys pic.twitter.com/0UGAV0vfOx

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 4m
Costa is getting work at LOG as Kowalski takes some reps at center. Again this is pre practice.
Frank Pollack working with line. Hearing terms like Cross Shove, Minus A, Fish Hook and High Leg. pic.twitter.com/YZTCcA2jKW

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 5m
Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo on the field for first walk-through of training camp: pic.twitter.com/pJSVYxOwUU

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 2m
Why is Jay Ratliff out now? He & Mackenzy Bernadeau suffered pulled hamstrings in Saturday's conditioning tests.

WFAA Sports ‏@wfaasports 28s
Training camp practice begins #wfaacowboys pic.twitter.com/0dXo9xUwC0

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 58s
Murray getting some individual time with Gary Brown pic.twitter.com/FN2tVGXRcn

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 1m
Day 1 ... Light walk thru pic.twitter.com/HRN2FA0f8i

Last edited:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Football!!! Mackenzy Bernadeau and Ratliff are starting to concern me.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I remember the nineties when the first day of camp players started out in full pads and contact drills. now they only have contact drills every other day and wait until the third day to start that.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1m
First team OL - Smith Kowalski Frederick Arkin Free.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1m
Sean Lissemore has replaced Ratliff on the first-team defense at DT.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 3m
Jason Garrett is watching the defense. pic.twitter.com/InHhkC9zUd

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 5m
Yes, Tony Romo is throwing at Camp #Cowboys pic.twitter.com/M8mHbq1DD6

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1m
First 12 Personnel Group has Witten and Hanna on it. Romo already playing with the hard counts.

Dunbar getting the reps with the ones behind Murray during this period. Tanner on scout defense with Randle.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 16m
Holloman, Magee and Reed trying to get some shadow work in behind the 1s. Mental reps. pic.twitter.com/YaynoenIWn
Kiffin, Marinelli and Henderson running scout offense for 2s. Monte is the QB. Stationary.
Walk through has a lot of the look of last year. Complete with mid-session team huddle around Garrett. But Callahan running show with Romo.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 14m
Joseph Randle on practice field for first time. Missed offseason with thumb injury
Jason Garrett might need Segway with way he's roaming around practice field from unit to unit.
Interesting to me: QBs wearing wristbands in practice. Haven't seen that here before.

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 14m
Ratliff the only defensive players not on the field for the walkthrough
A lot of James Hanna in early 12 personnel

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 13m
Monte Kiffin is getting after the D during walkthrough. "Goldang it, that's what I'm talking about!" Not quite same vocabulary as Rob Ryan.

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 10m
Kevin Kowalaki and David Arkin working at G with starters out. First round pick Travis Frederick is the C.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 8m
Jason Garrett talks to the troops. pic.twitter.com/BUMIrcCyyq
I have not seen Joseph Randle get any run during the walkthrough.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 8m
Hanna going first at tight end with Witten
Romo first pass a slant to Terrence Williams
First fumble snap between romo and Frederick

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 8m
Allen and Church at the safeties. Lissemore is taking Hatcher's spot at the nose as he shifts to the under tackle. Bass + Hayden are the 2s
Don't ever remember Romo wearing a wrist band with the play calls on it. Matter of fact all the QBs are wearing them.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 1m
We have our first fumbled snap of walk through between Tony Romo and new C Travis Frederick.
Boy, Tony Romo has really benefited from running mountains. Laser passes so far.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 5m
Hear us ( w @Spags52 ) tonight on Training Camp Today on FSN: get settled on Gs who are healthy & play 'em. Plus a DL talks about no Ratliff

Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 48s
Romo looks just fine. Of course, according to Jerry, it won't matter if he's behind "a porous line," which he has now with all the injuries.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 1m
No sign of Danny Coale's crutches yet. Still looking

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1m
Joseph Randle getting some run now. Nice run and then he caught a pass out of the backfield.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1m
Garrett is watching the offense. Callahan setting the script but Garrett asks, 'Repeat of Play 2 please,' and it's done.
Justin Durant is the first SAM.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 54s
First sighting of joseph Randle. And he looks fast

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 57s
Nice catch out of the backfield by Randle going to his right. Able to adjust on the move. One of his strengths is catching the ball.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 47s
Tony Romo, who couldn't do normal offseason conditioning routine due to surgery to remove cyst from back, is listed at 236 pounds.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon12s
Tony Romo, who couldn't do normal offseason conditioning routine due to surgery to remove cyst from back, is listed at 236 pounds.

Lots of convo about Romo's weight on 105.3 The Fan. Looks like I wasn't crazy or the only one...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 3m
Have to give Feederick credit for one thing, he is confident in making his line calls on what he sees. He is quick to do it.
First hour of practice and Kiffin dialing up the safety blitz. Walks Church in the box and shoots him inside but nice pickup by back.
Several passes already being defensed here. Johnson vs Escobar and Ernie Sims with INT on tip ball.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 2m
First 7-route connection for Romo and Witten of camp
Second straight poor route from Dwayne Harris earns a You kidding me from Jason Garrett.
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m
First team Cowboys defense in walk-thru: Ware, Spencer, Lissemore, Hatcher, Carr, Claiborne, Will Allen, Church, Lee, Durant, Carter.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2m
Loss and Hatch inside with no Ratliff available. Liss the 1 tech.
Garrett asks for another repeat. A blitz beat that Harris didn't run correctly apparently. Turns to Dez behind him to talk about the route.
Garrett continues to ask for repeats. Not always friendly about it lol
Nick Stephens already throwing better than he did in OTAs.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 3m
Tony Romo weighs more than Sean Lee and a few other Cowboys linebackers.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m
Sean lee nearly decapitates Dwayne harris is walk through

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Romo is going to need those extra pounds given the pounding he is going to take. Killer and Arkin are starting for heavens sake

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Wow I didn't think tony looked that big. Didn't they say he was "running mountains"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 4m
Lot of repeat plays for the offense so far in walkthrough
Pistol look w Kyle Orton running second team O.
Joseph Randle bobbles ball on screen pass. Maybe he's pressing with the time he missed

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 5m
James Hanna is working with the starters as the No. 2 TE. He's a talent, which is why I don't get the Gavin Escobar pick.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 5m
Last few reps both Claiborne and Carr have been playing much tighter to the receivers. Really plays to their strengths.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 3m
Murray is catching a lot of balls. Safety valve. Cowboys loved his hands when they drafted him. He and Romo exchanging smiles.
OL just sprinted to the line. #neverseenthatbefore
Ernie Sims goes like a missile at Tanner on a swing pass. Makes Scandrick laugh. 'It's a walk-through, man.'
Walk thru done. Went 10 minutes over.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
.@MoClaiborne starts in press coverage on @d_harris17 at Camp #Cowboys pic.twitter.com/JWgVfkDivm

TheSport78

Reaction score
Tony Romo currently weighs more than Sean Lee.

That's a problem.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's a problem.

15 lbs over his previous playing weight is a problem? I imagine these guys drop throughout the season normally so he should be back to his regular playing weight in no time.

That said...since he basically hadn't worked out all offseason due to the back surgery, color me still unconcerned.

And in general, it's just too soon to spaz out over stuff... End of camp, yes, but on the first day, no.

TheSport78

Reaction score
15 lbs over his previous playing weight is a problem? I imagine these guys drop throughout the season normally so he should be back to his regular playing weight in no time.

That said...since he basically hadn't worked out all offseason due to the back surgery, color me still unconcerned.

And in general, it's just too soon to spaz out over stuff... End of camp, yes, but on the first day, no.

Not freaking out about it, but how about this:

Big Ben is 6 foot FIVE and weighs 241.

Romo is 6"2 and only weighs five pounds less. I understand he wasn't able to train consistently with the cyst, but that doesn't mean you keep on eating Twinkies and neglecting your diet. I believe Romo was 219 when he entered the league. And to me, 15 lbs is a lot, especially with Romo being 33 years old. Not a good combination.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
A little shocking to see Romo weighing so much. Hopefully he can work it off and stop eating lard.

DFWJC

Reaction score

That's a problem.

He's a QB throwing in camp who will be just fine weight-wise when the reg season starts.

I understand you are a good fitness guru, but I really do think he'll be fine.

We have much bigger concerns, imo.